Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I think it's what Brexit has evolved into from what it was presented or sold as prior to the referendum, 2 completely different animals.

They were of the understanding once they voted leave, we would simply put the wheels in motion, it would be quick and painless and everything would be the same except we wouldn't have to pay subs to the EU and follow their rules meaning we would be immediately wealthier and free from bureacracy, meaning trade would be be simpler and products cheaper since we wouldn't have EU tarrifs on goods. Then we could take back control of immigration reduce the numbers which would drive up wages and control the numbers coming in while eradicating illegal migration.

Now, if that was what actually happened I would happily sit here and say I voted wrong, Brexit is great and we made a great decision.

I'm pretty sure many of those contributors mentioned would be crowing and actively engaging in the debate rather than simply dissapear. The real shame is that more don't demand what was voted for and defend their democracy and rights

I think the two most common (if not the only) Brexit 'wins' that are mentioned, are the mythical sovereignty and blue passports. :shrug:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think it's what Brexit has evolved into from what it was presented or sold as prior to the referendum, 2 completely different animals.

They were of the understanding once they voted leave, we would simply put the wheels in motion, it would be quick and painless and everything would be the same except we wouldn't have to pay subs to the EU and follow their rules meaning we would be immediately wealthier and free from bureacracy, meaning trade would be be simpler and products cheaper since we wouldn't have EU tarrifs on goods. Then we could take back control of immigration reduce the numbers which would drive up wages and control the numbers coming in while eradicating illegal migration.

Now, if that was what actually happened I would happily sit here and say I voted wrong, Brexit is great and we made a great decision.

I'm pretty sure many of those contributors mentioned would be crowing and actively engaging in the debate rather than simply dissapear. The real shame is that more don't demand what was voted for and defend their democracy and rights

Well, real impacts are slowly changing people's minds; the silence is the result of public defiance and private regret.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hevUvJrBBrg

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
so immigration in 2021 was the highest since 2005. Presumably those who voted leave because of concerns of immigration don't care anymore or would complain that Brexit is not "done" But they would argue how we still shouldn't have had a 2nd referendum.

[tweet]1529772307660558337[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Natalie Elphicke moaning again about the chaos at Dover... why do families insist on taking an Artic on their half term break ?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Don't worry, since the exit of Ppf, I don't think there are any other challengers left for the NSC village idiot title. You really don't have to put so much time and effort in :shrug:

9E5534E6-F4E9-4990-B404-D20F5FCBD025.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“If only someone could have predicted this” part 2,854…

[tweet]1533190074828988417[/Tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Oh well done the 211. An opportunity missed to replace the bungle**** with someone that might just have undone some of his damage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here