Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Its been 2 days. Friday and Saturday, in which the Prime Minister has resigned. Its in processes, stop projecting panic and confusion on the wrong people! be a bit Patient.

Once a new PM is appointed article 50 will be in acted then negotiations take place. Like the eU I hope its quick, the danger is uncertainty, doom mongering.

It's not going to be that easy. 52% voted leave, but how many voted leave but retain the free market? or leave and shut ourselves off? Or leave just to give the elite a kick in the teeth? Many Leave voters won't be happy. I am certain we will remain the the free market with free movement. That right there will split the leave vote on its own.

D

Deleted member 2719

Leicester, through some cosmic alignment got the right squad for the right manager at the right time of his career timed with the right season of competitors being off their game.

What we needed was our Ranieri to stand up Friday, and tell us that we'll all get pizza and be happy once he sorts it out.

How can anyone be excited when no one knows what the hell is going on what's going to happen or when?

Surely Leavers are also anxious? How can anyone know their reason for leaving will be fulfilled? No one has won at this point.
Was everyone shocked? This has been building for years you could say the mind set of the Remainers was arrogant and live in there own little bubble (London, Scotland and Brighton). But that is going over old ground now it' time to get the squad together.
No one was ever going to win immediately, we have years of restructuring and like I said our entrepreneurs are more than capable or sorting.
I do see your point who is the ranieri? The tories need to vote that one as Gove, Boris and ? Need to be backed in numbers.
In the meantime we sit back have a 99 and chill and maybe even a :rave:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not at all. I voted Remain purely because I prefer partnerships over isolation.

For me it is the loss of the UK as a union that will really hurt. I am English and am proud to be so but I place a high value on our relationships with our friends and partners - notably with the rest of the UK first and foremost and this result will lead to the break up of the union. I see this as a disaster for England - you of course are free to disagree and I respect your right to hold a different view.

As for Europe, again I see friends and partnerships, people to work with to further our mutual benefit - rather than them and us. Yes there is a lot wrong with both the UK (we can't even run a train service) and the EU but for me, staying in and trying to help make things better is preferable to picking up the ball and going home.

In my view, the leaders of both Remain & Leave campaigns should hang their in shame. Both sides have told outrageous lies whilst harbouring nothing more than agendas for personal gain. The country is now bitterly divided and I fear could remain so for some time to come.

Things will get better, we will recover. My own father (in his 70s) voted leave - I just hope he lives long enough to see for himself the fruits of what he and others has sown.

As for your point about sneering, I am not sneering. Far from it... I am worried for our future. I sincerely hope my fears are unfounded and that those who voted leave turn out to be right. I will never be more happy to be wrong on any other issue.

This,with knobs on

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wouldn't be surprised if article 50 never gets filed. Referendums are not legally binding and I imagine the new leader will just negotiate some better terms to remain and this will all blow over.

I hope so, Cameron has effectively filled the poisoned chalice and asked who wants a drink. I am surprised leave voters aren't as worried as remain; we're all in the same boat as not knowing what we're going to get.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It's not going to be that easy. 52% voted leave, but how many voted leave but retain the free market? or leave and shut ourselves off? Or leave just to give the elite a kick in the teeth? Many Leave voters won't be happy. I am certain we will remain the the free market with free movement. That right there will split the leave vote on its own.

Irrelevant , its like questioning tactical voting in electons then declaring the result void because of it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wouldn't be surprised if article 50 never gets filed. Referendums are not legally binding and I imagine the new leader will just negotiate some better terms to remain and this will all blow over.
That would require another referendum on accepting those better terms.

Would Cameron 'do a Farage' and un-resign ???

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I hope so, Cameron has effectively filled the poisoned chalice and asked who wants a drink. I am surprised leave voters aren't as worried as remain; we're all in the same boat as not knowing what we're going to get.

Leave supporters generally didn't swallow all the alarmist scaremongering and are looking forward to a rosey future outside the EU. They voted Leave because they also beleive in themselves and the country, they are not going to start screaming for someone to save them, which again is a more likely attitude from Remoan voters.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Leave supporters generally didn't swallow all the alarmist scaremongering and are looking forward to a rosey future outside the EU. They voted Leave because they also beleive in themselves and the country, they are not going to start screaming for someone to save them, which again is a more likely attitude from Remoan voters.

I don't think you can speak for 17m as a collective. It is abundently clear that people voted leave from vastly different backgrounds on very different agendas. Stick free movement on the leave deal and we'll see who is moaning.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Strawman point noted, now go and cry in thecorner.

For a minute, I thought you started this thread because for once you were going to step outside your idiotic persona, and decide not to be a complete dick. Did you have a coffee and remember who you're supposed to be on here again!?:wink:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
What is required now is decisive leadership to try to nip this in the bud but that is precisely what the UK does not have at the moment, so it will be exploited by all sorts I'm afraid.

Ouch! I couldn't really take this in earlier, as I was reading it during a break at work on nights and our IT doesn't allow for viewing social media. It really is awful if true and does make me fearful of what's to come. It feels like the country is totally divided and in desperate need of healing but as KZN says, who is there to take the lead. Seems the time has come for the public to try and take the lead and be the best citizens we can be wherever the opportunity arises. Me? I'm plastering on my smile and a warm greeting for just about anybody. We can be better than this.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think Leave voters are still being far too simplistic, the problem that caused this mess in the first place. There are many, many stages to go through and many things the government will be considering. One of those things will be whether to invoke their legal right to veto the results and remain in the EU. It will be being discussed, hopefully the next leader will have the balls to do so. Either way, it's really not as simple as "we're out, let's go" and it's that ridiculous way of thought that got us in the mess we are in. This is all far from over.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think you can speak for 17m as a collective. It is abundently clear that people voted leave from vastly different backgrounds on very different agendas. Stick free movement on the leave deal and we'll see who is moaning.

and yet you can speak on behalf of 15 million people who will also have different reasons for voting remain with different back grounds, races and agendas.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Good God, this is a free land where people can make their own choices.
Make a choice and stand by it.
Whether the vote went either way, as has been said already, you can say you gave it your best shot.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here