Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Both tragic and farcical at the same time. Why have the drivers not been provided with portaloos and food?

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this as the border with France was closed unexpectedly.

They have 9 days to install proper facilities here for when trade sanctions kick in 1st January, then no excuses. Years to prepare for this...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Both tragic and farcical at the same time. Why have the drivers not been provided with portaloos and food?

i gathered there are toilet facilities at Manston. no food because they usually have lots with them and its not supposed to be a 48hr park, its expected to be a holding area while lorries go through processing at port. so the question is how long will this continue, when throughout the pandemic freight was allowed to cross? French didnt close the border with Italy at the start or with Spain when they had a suspect variant.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
i gathered there are toilet facilities at Manston. no food because they usually have lots with them and its not supposed to be a 48hr park, its expected to be a holding area while lorries go through processing at port. so the question is how long will this continue, when throughout the pandemic freight was allowed to cross? French didnt close the border with Italy at the start or with Spain when they had a suspect variant.

Well looks like French and EU Citizens can enter from tomorrow but only after a negative PCR test. Maybe Express Test currently located at LGW should relocate to Manston as they will be pretty quiet with so few flights

Overall this is a real mess, need to call the army in

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There are groups taking food to the drivers. I’ve seen a group of Sikhs in Kent organising it. There is a mobile van providing hot drinks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
WTO couldn' t come sooner , Wankers like Guy Verhofstadt trying to tell the UK its a taster for a no deal when they've stranded their own drivers shows what a bunch of ***** the EU top Brass are
either way we're out of the single market and the customs union shortly let's get going
Regards
DF

Who elects the WTO and why will we have to obey their rules to be able to trade in the world.

Refugees are covered by United Nations directives not EU, and they are not illegal, no matter how much you want them to be.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
One part of the UK will be retaining free movement plus even joining Schengen. Gibraltar takes its first step away from the UK. British Citizens will be required to show their passport at La Línea whilst Spaniards and other EU citizens will pass through under Schengen rules. Which no doubt will cause a few exploding heads in Boomer Bungalows around the shires.

Scotland or NI next? .

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/p...-I9Xdan3pc5ShG2W6FpBTOXmcRc_Himz1et7P8fjJIA4c

Jan 30, 2008
Who elects the WTO and why will we have to obey their rules to be able to trade in the world.

Refugees are covered by United Nations directives not EU, and they are not illegal, no matter how much you want them to be.
First question is ridiculous and to claim everyone is a refugee is naive, god bless you
Regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One part of the UK will be retaining free movement plus even joining Schengen. Gibraltar takes its first step away from the UK. British Citizens will be required to show their passport at La Línea whilst Spaniards and other EU citizens will pass through under Schengen rules. Which no doubt will cause a few exploding heads in Boomer Bungalows around the shires.

Scotland or NI next? .

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/p...-I9Xdan3pc5ShG2W6FpBTOXmcRc_Himz1et7P8fjJIA4c

I remember when Tusk said "Brexit was real the end of the British Empire", in less than 6 months we have Scottish elections.

He may well prove to be right

#englishexceptionalism

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
'Still, desperate times and all that....' - meaning?
Don't be ashamed of not understanding the question.

Good to see the French have agreed to take the rapid test and not the lab based PCR test.

Time to provide free vaccination for all truck drivers, EU drivers need to be given an incentive to come to the UK after January 1. Without this just another reason to avoid Brexit island in the new year..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here