Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It's the leave side that wants us to fail by demanding Brexit at any cost and not holding the promises to account and scrutiny

and if Brexit for the polticians means making yourself and your cronies wealthier, yes, I want them to fail - spectacularly. Hopefully it will mean rejoining will be quicker

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You did fall for Brexit, so I agree.

What I struggle with is, even if you have been completely mugged by one of the simplest most naive cons ever, why would you want to keep reminding everyone what a fool you've been on a regular (often hourly) basis ???

Last edited:

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
The EU's claim has always been that they want to protect the single market, fair enough why should you have the same benefit's outside the club.

Majority of EU members are not coastal nations, so the fishing rights is a major concern for France, katya adler explains well

Why, you might ask, if the EU's priority in negotiations was to protect the single market, is Brussels allowing the issue of fish to endanger the whole deal?

The level playing field is worth a lot more in monetary and political terms to the bloc, but it sounds quite abstract to voters.

However, fishermen and women losing their jobs, industries dwindling... that would be very visible, very quickly, elevating the importance of fishing rights.

It is in coastal countries where governments fear a public backlash if it's perceived they've sacrificed national fishing communities for a deal with UK.

Although the majority of EU members are not coastal nations, and although everyone in the bloc would love to finally put this deal to bed - for political and financial reasons, as well as being plain fed up with the process - the EU as a whole won't try to force member states to sign up if they are unhappy.

Michel Barnier spoke to EU coastal countries on Friday to try to find a compromise position but, because of the "nothing is agreed until everything is agreed" mantra of negotiations, the EU mood is less optimistic about prospect of imminent breakthrough than it was two days ago.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can't really see us rejoining the EU for a long time...

More realistic would be firstly rejoining the Customs Union - a 'Turkey deal' - and then a while later signing up to full Single Market membership to enjoy the same best-of-both-worlds as Norway or Switzerland.

Can't wait, myself.

Last edited:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
What I struggle with is, even if you have been completely mugged by one of the simplest most naive cons ever, why would you want to keep reminding everyone what a fool you've been on a regular (often hourly) basis ???

I think it's desperation to be right, despite all the of the evidence to the contrary, coupled with willful ignorance, and complete lack of self awareness.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Hilarious you’re talking about Chicken Run in the third person because you’ve said you’re ignoring me, yet you can’t let it go, I do respect you but this is very strange behaviour, if you’re going to ignore me have the minerals to do it son [emoji6]

Jan 30, 2008
Hilarious you’re talking about Chicken Run in the third person because you’ve said you’re ignoring me, yet you can’t let it go, I do respect you but this is very strange behaviour, if you’re going to ignore me have the minerals to do it son [emoji6]

You must have a magnet personality as old Watford blokes ignoring me I think I've mugged him off oh well
Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I can't really see us rejoining the EU for a long time...

More realistic would be firstly rejoining the Customs Union - a 'Turkey deal' - and then a while later signing up to full Single Market membership to enjoy the same best-of-both-worlds as Norway or Switzerland.

Can't wait, myself.

trouble with that is Norway and Switzerland both have freedom of movement, would love to get that back

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I can't imagine what made you think I was talking about you ? Why would you get confused when I was actually talking about POTG/JCFG, (I suspect that even you're getting confused who is who now :facepalm: ). But for once, I'll leave Ppf with the last word

You must have a magnet personality as old Watford blokes ignoring me I think I've mugged him off oh well
Regards
DF

Now obviously I don't think you are Ppf, but I can't be absolutely sure because there are certainly similarities :wink:

Looking on the bright side, at the very least I've made two people very happy tonight, giving both desperate posts a response, it is Christmas after all :lolol:

Apparently this wine I have on the go needs another 10 years to mature properly, so i guess it may be more intellectually challenging for me to watch those bottles age for the next for 10 years :bigwave:

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Who's stopping you from travelling to the EU
Regards
DF

We hope to see a Europe where men of every country will think as much of being a European as of belonging to their native land, and that without losing any part of their love and loyalty to their birthplace. We hope that wherever they go in this wide domain, to we set no limit in the European continent, they will truly feel ‘Here I am at home. I am a citizen of this country too’.

That was Winston Churchill. You probably prefer the style of that leviathan of British statesmanship Aaron Banks. Here's a contribution from him.

"We didn't win two world wars to be pushed around by a Kraut."

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I can't imagine what made you think I was talking about you ? Why would you get confused when I was actually talking about POTG/JCFG, (I suspect that even you're getting confused who is who now :facepalm: ). But for once, I'll leave Ppf with the last word

:

I think it it you that is confused, you can’t even remember what you’re typing now, this is embarrassing, as you often say, it’s all on the internet [emoji6]

e4f91f8fe8e906369cab9f67af04fa16.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Get your holiday season pringles/twiglets/mini cheddars ready chaps.
The usual suspect remoaners on here (not the same as remainers) building up to full meltdown.

Scenes!!

meltdown-caution_1.jpg

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Get your holiday season pringles/twiglets/mini cheddars ready chaps.
The usual suspect remoaners on here (not the same as remainers) building up to full meltdown.

Scenes!!

View attachment 131497

And the usual Gammon, revelling in the faux joy of 'winning' the cultural and economic downturn of the country they profess to love, because they are, in fact, dumb as ****.

Scenes indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here