Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
GBP / USD just hit 1.35 for first time since April 2018, is something finally happening?

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ionalising-of-fishing-vessels-in-brexit-talks

Downing Street has watered down a key demand over post-Brexit fishing rights as part of a broader compromise, EU sources said as Germany’s ambassador in Brussels said there was a chance of a deal by the weekend.

The UK dropped a push for fishing vessels operating under the UK flag to be majority British-owned in the future, it was claimed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not a blow to the wanting to return sovereign powers back to the UK from the EU argument at all.

So we return these fabled "sovereign powers" from Brussels (even though they never went there in the first place) and dish them out to everyone else in the world? So rather than the power being centralised in the hands of a group of our like-minded allies we're freely handing over the power to any number of other places whose interests do not align with our own?

Sounds brilliant.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You appear to be having a conversation with yourself.

You OK?

Seems pretty relevant PotG, unless you have something to add?

I'd still favour a deal that is good for the side than has the large trade surplus in goods and offers nothing for the partner than has a large surplus in services, than no deal at all

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
So we return these fabled "sovereign powers" from Brussels (even though they never went there in the first place) and dish them out to everyone else in the world? So rather than the power being centralised in the hands of a group of our like-minded allies we're freely handing over the power to any number of other places whose interests do not align with our own?

Sounds brilliant.

Sovereignty argument is flawed, it all comes down to regulatory alignment, which is misinterpreted as being "controlled" by people who do not understand or being employed (mostly by Murdoch) to twist the truth and turn into a nationalistic argument. Then you're back to the area of laws and rules and the strength of feeling from those who cannot name a single one

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Sounds brilliant.

In the global world there will always been a trade off between sovereignty and trade / International engagement.

We are whether we like it or not a small fish in a big sea and there will always be comprimises to be made, reality as we will discover in the coming months and years in a long way from Vote Leave's lies leading up to the 2016 referendum

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The whole sovereignty argument completely ignores that fact that we had a seat at the ****ing table. So ridiculous.

Of course we had lots of seats in the EU parliament, just a pity the UK public voted in people that did nothing to further their interests.

Little surprise Farage is now desperately trying to generate alternative income sources. I trust he'll be giving his EU pension to the poor and needy

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So to summarise, we've gone from

Brexit will be absolutely brilliant for Britain, the EU will definitely give us tariff free access to the single market without Britain abiding by any rules and regulations and having to give away 'our sovereignty' and those complicated NI/Ireland border issues will all be solved by 'technology'
to
Brexit will bring huge benefits
to
Brexit will bring some benefits
to
Brexit will bring some benefits in a few decades
to
Brexit won't bring benefits but it will give us back 'our sovereignty' even if it means having to put a border within our own sovereign state the UK
to
Brexit will let us hand over 'our sovereignty' to the WTO and anyone we try to do a deal with, as long as we keep the border in the Irish Sea
to
I don't know why people go on about it and won't let it go :facepalm:

I would guess that a few idiots on here and nationally totally f***ing themselves over would probably got a quite valid :shrug: Even the fact that these idiots are almost certainly amongst those who are going to be most adversely effected probably wouldn't have got much more than a wry smile from those more vindictive than myself :wink:

It would have been totally forgotten by now if it weren't that the unfortunate result of their idiocy is that they have also f***ed over millions of innocent people who also can't afford this ridiculous act of self harm, but will be subject to it through no fault of their own.

I would think that is probably why this thread is still going.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
you-want-some-cheese-with-that-whine.jpg

:lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[tweet]1339205325765947393[/tweet]

Cool.

Oh, and

[tweet]1339243788578025473[/tweet]

Was that the UK burning its Red Lines and its bridges ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
To be fair, I think we are all hoping for it, because as has become blindingly apparent over the last 4.5 years

'A shit deal is better than no deal' :wink:

It's really all about Danny Welbeck tonight though :albion2:

Are you sure Pinocchio?

As I have already explained from the moment you got Johnson as head of your Conservative and Unionist party well over a year ago, I have wanted and thought 'no deal' most likely. As I pointed out before, no preparations had been made but when Johnson was elected and I realised the level of Idiocy we were dealing with (his and yours) all that changed. Of course, if you don't believe that to be true you could always find a post to the contrary :shrug: (But remember, if you make up posts and then quote them, I'll show them up as lies just like every other time you've done that). And you still haven't told us what you think of the Irish Sea Border that you voted for ?

And I'll send your best wishes to Mrs Wz. Between you and me I think the only reason she stays is because I am so well hung and loaded, the poor woman (although I guess the intelligence, wit and charm may help a little) :wink:

How's POTG getting on with finding some friends (pretend ones like you don't count), a job and a relationship. It really can't be good for him spending every waking hour on here posting under his various accounts. I am genuinely trying to help :thumbsup:

Anyway ... back to the match :albion2:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Meanwhile, on either side of the channel...

[TWEET]1339774206595244032[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1339811997869875200[/TWEET]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Meanwhile, on either side of the channel...

[TWEET]1339774206595244032[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1339811997869875200[/TWEET]

Deal or no deal this is heading for one massive clusterf**k. Only covid is keeping it out of the headlines

Very difficult time for UK exporters hung out to dry by this government, ultimately ordinary folk will pay the price

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here