Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You have misjudged the situation badly, wait and see what is offered, you won't like it.

No not at all, those are the facts, go into any business meeting with that stacked under your arm, you do not come out not with a deal that you dont want you just dont.

The only other outcome would be the EU to be unbelievably stupid and us imposing similar trade restraints, that would be a lose lose outcome, effecting not only our own business and employees but theirs too, we are a big hitter in this one.

There is another part to this, if you genuinely believe this is how the EU club acts towards British voters, begs the question why did it take so long to leave this toxic club ??

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
=To me, the villains of the piece are the ones who could vote, but didn't, for either side

Agree . So many that didn't vote thinking the In's would win or couldn't be bothered and yet were the first to complain.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You mean if we want a similar level of access to the single market free movement of workers might be the initial stated negotiating position of the EU.

'Trade' with the EU is not dependant on free movement of workers, never has been, never will be.

What is more likely to curb migration is the EU rapidly changing direction, reforming and not inflicting poverty and mass unemployment on member states so they need to look elsewhere for jobs ... which we know isn't going to happen.

You are correct, i meant free trade.

Current employment and poverty levels have been exacerbated by single currency rate decisions, and austerity. That will not last forever.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The way the signatures are mounting up is amazing, a further 81,000 signed in the last 30 minutes

Whats amazing about it ?

Its a slightly sad indictment of how some Remainers are struggling to come to terms that they have been beaten, the irony is that such an attitude was a major factor why they lost in the first instance.

Some of the 16 million Remainers are feeling sorry for themselves at the moment, a couple of clicks on the mouse gets you on the petition, therefore hardly surprising.

Personally a waste of a good 3 minutes of their life, but hey ho elitism all well and good ...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It is incredible the way it's growing.

A million actual real people demonstrating on the streets of London failed to prevent the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq in 2003. Fvck this week's set of precious losers with access to a lazy click on a link who don't understand how the democratic process works.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Agree . So many that didn't vote thinking the In's would win or couldn't be bothered and yet were the first to complain.

It was raining all day long like I had hoped for....keeps the people off the streets....unlike myself who works in all weather..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Whats amazing about it ?

Its a slightly sad indictment of how some Remainers are struggling to come to terms that they have been beaten, the irony is that such an attitude was a major factor why they lost in the first instance.

Some of the 16 million Remainers are feeling sorry for themselves at the moment, a couple of clicks on the mouse gets you on the petition, therefore hardly surprising.

Personally a waste of a good 3 minutes of their life, but hey ho elitism all well and good ...

This.

It won't be re-run but if it does then I propose that the 13 million non voters should be barred from taking part. Then we will see how many leavers/remainers switch their votes.

When the labour party introduced the minimum wage. Every company had a license to pay the working man a minimum amount. Instead of heavily cracking down on unscrupulous employers they unleashed a tool to dictate the employment practices of millions.

This man was given a vote that could actually change something, he did and the thought of losing his £ 56.00 per day did not scare him.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When the labour party introduced the minimum wage. Every company had a license to pay the working man a minimum amount. Instead of heavily cracking down on unscrupulous employers they unleashed a tool to dictate the employment practices of millions.

This man was given a vote that could actually change something, he did and the thought of losing his £ 56.00 per day did not scare him.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Maybe it's partly due to the EU he could afford to lose that much

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A million actual real people demonstrating on the streets of London failed to prevent the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq in 2003. Fvck this week's set of precious losers with access to a lazy click on a link who don't understand how the democratic process works.

You've got to actually enter a valid postcode and email address then validate the email to sign the petition, but I take your point. Those million actual real people in 2003 were subsequently right though.

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
Recognise any of these names, well perhaps two for many. Six leaders of the EU that will no longer be making decisions for us.
Jean-Claude Juncker, Donald Tusk , Frans Timmermans , Martin Schulz , Mario Draghi , Federica Mogherini .

That is 2 from Italy, 1 German, 1 Polish, 1 Dutch, and the leader ex Luxembourg Prime Minister.

ifnbdf.jpg

can any of them play leftback

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here