Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Trigger Warning
Another beautiful day in the worlds Greatest nation.
And a good excuse to champion again our Union flag, more commonly and lovingly referred to as The Union Jack by its people.

Haters of their country wont agree of course.....but who cares what they want to moan about

Along with the stars and stripes the union Jack is the flag of a global laughing stock partly created by inward looking knuckleheads like you.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
When I was in the RN I could have sworn the rank above CPO was Warrant Officer, you even called them sir! [emoji23][emoji23]

The one on the Ark was genuinely a really good man, who would do anything for you if you had decent reason to request it, but navy protocols, he was always right :lol:
He made sure as many of us possible were at his leaving dinner. In retrospect, considering his large size and threatening appearance, one of the nicest people I had contact with in the RN

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Self loathers, and people who 'hate their country' are the sort statements you can see on many far-right and racist platforms. Its quite a ridiculous notion that makes you look ridiculous and entertaining. Please never stop.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think you are probably right about the champions of EU membership and haters of this country with a preference for a EU political union and a preference for people from mostly white European Countries, a belief that citizens from the rest of the world should be treated differently, an inward looking European protectionist attitude.
Thankfully brexit has come along and the cause being championed is to spread our wings globally instead of being inward looking and to have a non discriminatory immigration policy for those wishing to come here to work and live, equal to EU and Non EU alike.
You can thank us later

You see, you personally are all about division. Thank ‘us’ later. You didn’t really read my post, you just saw ‘remain’. I was talking what the detail of Brexit actually is, and you confirm you’re not really interested.

Even digesting your broad brush notions, 50% of our immigration comes from outside the EU. Whether we are in the EU or not, immigration may well shake down very similar given the geographical distances. We’ve never not been able to spread our wings globally.

Anyway, I’m digressing and dropping to the level you want to hold the debate at. I’m no longer interested in stopping Brexit, I want it to work, I’m interested in the best way it can be work, and not selling ourselves short, just to get it done. Too many from either side just don’t seem concerned or even interested enough in the outcome.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The only people damaging it are the weasels like yourself David , move on
Regards
DF

Laughing at State scroungers like you damages the country? The country must be in a poor place right now then. How am I managing to damage the country by laughing at life's 'also rans' like you? Is your ego and the nations fortitude so fragile?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You see, you personally are all about division. Thank ‘us’ later. You didn’t really read my post, you just saw ‘remain’. I was talking what the detail of Brexit actually is, and you confirm you’re not really interested.

Even digesting your broad brush notions, 50% of our immigration comes from outside the EU. Whether we are in the EU or not, immigration may well shake down very similar given the geographical distances. We’ve never not been able to spread our wings globally.

Anyway, I’m digressing and dropping to the level you want to hold the debate at. I’m no longer interested in stopping Brexit, I want it to work, I’m interested in the best way it can be work, and not selling ourselves short, just to get it done. Too many from either side just don’t seem concerned or even interested enough in the outcome.

I'm afraid that we are beyond the point that anyone can have any effect on the shitstorm that is coming. If we couldn't stop this Government from the worst performance and resulting death rate from Covid, we are not going to effect their performance on Brexit.

I really think that it is now time (if you haven't already) to look at doing your best to try and protect yourself and your family from the obvious disaster coming. There will sadly, be a lot of people who will suffer and not deserve it, but the time to have done something about it is long gone.

It could be worse, could you imagine being in [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] or [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] positions with this cluster*** coming. I don't see a queue of remoaners wanting to change lifestyles with those two giants of commerce, who are going to benefit so much from Brexit. I think those two just about sum up the idiocy of the whole situation, but they will get what they voted for :shootself

*edit* I understand we may be hearing something significant end of this week/beginning of next, so not long to wait to find out what Johnson has decided the the nation voted for 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Don't expect anything with substance from them, they've proven time and time again that they're simply not capable of it. They'll deflect, they'll suggest 'yeah but what about..' then throw in a random video/image to somehow give the rest of the coffin dodgers that some hope. Think of it like that saying about playing chess with a pigeon.

It's cute, but very one-dimensional.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm afraid that we are beyond the point that anyone can have any effect on the shitstorm that is coming. If we couldn't stop this Government from the worst performance and the resulting death rate from Covid, we are not going to effect their performance on Brexit.

I really think that it is now time (if you haven't already) to look at doing your best to try and protect yourself and your family from the obvious disaster coming. There will, sadly be a lot of people who will suffer and not deserve it, but the time to have done something about it is long gone.

It could be worse, could you imagine being in [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] or [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] positions with this cluster*** coming. I don't see a queue of remoaners wanting to change lifestyles with them. Those two just about sum up the idiocy of the whole situation :shootself

Says the person championing a soft of softest Norway style Brexit ,:lolol:another loser who needs to get over himself :rolleyes:
Regards
DF

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nailed it:-

Boris.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Says the person championing a soft of softest Norway style Brexit ,:lolol:another loser who needs to get over himself :rolleyes:
Regards
DF

You're definitely a winner in everything you do :thumbsup:

I do wish I could be a winner and live a winner's life, just like you :lolol:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The one on the Ark was genuinely a really good man, who would do anything for you if you had decent reason to request it, but navy protocols, he was always right :lol:
He made sure as many of us possible were at his leaving dinner. In retrospect, considering his large size and threatening appearance, one of the nicest people I had contact with in the RN

Was his name Warren by chance?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
But at least you havnt said we are NOT the worlds greatest nation.......

Can I help you out here?

I don't think that Britain is the world's greatest nation.

In the same way that I don't think that the Albion is the world's greatest football club. It's just that the pair of them are the ones for me.

I carried on loving the Albion even when Greg Stanley and Bill Archer were tearing it apart. Even though I protested against them as best I could at the time.

And just the same way I carry on loving my country even when Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson are tearing it apart. Even though I have protested against them as best as I could at the time. And will again.

The shallowness of the Brexit flag-kissers impresses only themselves.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm afraid that we are beyond the point that anyone can have any effect on the shitstorm that is coming. If we couldn't stop this Government from the worst performance and resulting death rate from Covid, we are not going to effect their performance on Brexit.

I really think that it is now time (if you haven't already) to look at doing your best to try and protect yourself and your family from the obvious disaster coming. There will sadly, be a lot of people who will suffer and not deserve it, but the time to have done something about it is long gone.

It could be worse, could you imagine being in [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] or [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] positions with this cluster*** coming. I don't see a queue of remoaners wanting to change lifestyles with those two giants of commerce, who are going to benefit so much from Brexit. I think those two just about sum up the idiocy of the whole situation, but they will get what they voted for :shootself

*edit* I understand we may be hearing something significant end of this week/beginning of next, so not long to wait to find out what Johnson has decided the the nation voted for 4 years ago.

Barring one or two others, some with just a pathological hatred of The EU, the cheer-leading of Brexit has been reduced on this thread to just an online and full time Conservative party activist, a doltish racist knuckledragger and a public school pervert who becomes enraged every-time a lady in her 70's who lives in Newhaven and he doesn't know dares to post up something from Twitter that he doesn't like, all now reduced to what another man named Johnson referred to as the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Whatever it was they thought they were voting for 4 years ago is now in the hands of a Prime Minister et al for whom 2020 has finally exposed them for what they are and what they're not. What interesting times we live in.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Barring one or two others, some with just a pathological hatred of The EU, the cheer-leading of Brexit has been reduced on this thread to just an online and full time Conservative party activist, a doltish racist knuckledragger and a public school pervert who becomes enraged every-time a lady in her 70's who lives in Newhaven and he doesn't know dares to post up something from Twitter that he doesn't like, all now reduced to what another man named Johnson referred to as the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Whatever it was they thought they were voting for 4 years ago is now in the hands of a Prime Minister et al for whom 2020 has finally exposed them for what they are and what they're not. What interesting times we live in.

'Patriots' eh? Steering their country towards something they are unable to credibly define.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Can I help you out here?

In the same way that I don't think that the Albion is the world's greatest football club. It's just that the pair of them are the ones for me.

I carried on loving the Albion even when Greg Stanley and Bill Archer were tearing it apart. Even though I protested against them as best I could at the time.

And just the same way I carry on loving my country even when Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson are tearing it apart. Even though I have protested against them as best as I could at the time. And will again.

The shallowness of the Brexit flag-kissers impresses only themselves.
Exactly. Plus we can be patriotic and pro-European. All this "I'm more patriotic than you" just pees me off. We can be patriotic in our own way.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Laughing at State scroungers like you damages the country? The country must be in a poor place right now then. How am I managing to damage the country by laughing at life's 'also rans' like you? Is your ego and the nations fortitude so fragile?
[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] is not an also ran, he is just a statistic.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I’m no longer interested in stopping Brexit, .

Your interest in stopping a democratic vote instruction from happening is bound to disappear when that option is rightly taken away from you

Can I help you out here?

I dont know, can you?
Which nation is the greatest if not us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here