Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You seriously thought that was anything other than a joke , you really are a bit slow.

Good one :thumbsup:

So, it turns out that you weren't a moron at all, just pretending. Well you certainly did a good job convincing me, a bit like you did with your fellow Brexiteer [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION] who immediately gave you a thumbsup, which I've now realised must have been ironic :lolol:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well, has there ever been a better time to impose trade sanctions on ourselves? Brexit has never felt so good...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Corona Virus is the perfect blame-ee now for any Brexit economic downturn.

On the other hand, it also gives Boris the perfect political cover to extend the transition period.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

On the other hand, it also gives Boris the perfect political cover to extend the transition period.

I don't know how someone could think such a thing. How cynical do you think Dom is :wink:

You don't think Johnson could be planning to use Coronavirus as the unforeseen reason to extend our 'membership that's not membership' - You know, the thing where we carry on paying the EU, being subject to their rules and regulations and getting all benefits and trade deals of being in the EU, but definitely not membership ???

And I'm sure Johnson has no history of extending EU membership (Oct 31st die in ditch), U-turning on red lines (No Irish sea border) and then claiming the extension and U-turn as some sort of victory.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Economic downturn? - look at the upsurge in spending in the supermarkets, must be doing the economy a power of good!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We can officially close this thread now, our shiny new Chancellor has confirmed that they have " Done Brexit "...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How will Brexiteers be able to rejoice about the sunny uplands, and Unicorns being delivered?

Or as this thread has turned into, how will the depressed remainers ( including those that don't actually live here ) be able to continue with their doomsayer posts ? How empty will their lives be !

** awaits the inevitable, repetitive, boring parrot like questions **

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I suppose if there's one positive to take from Coronavirus, it's that it's likely to result in a higher number of fatalities among the old than the young, so it brings our inevitable rejoining of the EU a little closer.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Or as this thread has turned into, how will the depressed remainers ( including those that don't actually live here ) be able to continue with their doomsayer posts ? How empty will their lives be !

** awaits the inevitable, repetitive, boring parrot like questions **

Questions that Brexiteers fear, like 'How is the ****-up you had a hand in creating going'?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It makes me smile whenever Leave Voters come onto this thread and comment/complain that there is still a dialogue going on; they classify ongoing concerns as 'doom-mongering' (a typically facile label) and seem genuinely irritated and/or amused that Remain Voters are still thinking and writing about Brexit fallout.
Perhaps they need reminding that this is what democracy looks like!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We were told the UK had to charge VAT on sanitary products for women as a luxury because the EU ordered it, but Germany has abolished it there. More untruths.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
What makes me laugh is the fact that there are Brexiteers on NSC that dont live in the UK but ive never heard one of these turnips mention it :lolol: We are still in the EU so Im still in the same place as they are.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I suppose if there's one positive to take from Coronavirus, it's that it's likely to result in a higher number of fatalities among the old than the young, so it brings our inevitable rejoining of the EU a little closer.

Wow! Yes you actually wrote that. A positive. Wow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here