Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nige's legacy, looks increasingly likely they will live with it forever. Never turned up to any of the EU fisheries meetings to fight our corner. Or maybe it was just one

More VICTIMS

Hope they've PLANNED FOR BREXIT.

Also stop moaning and just get on with it

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The term “ G****n” is used as derogatory remark specifically targeting a persons skin colour, it has been thrown around with gusto since around about the time of a the referendum, that referendum was to remain or leave the EU, the leave option was chosen by the British public. Since then there has been a full on strop from a very vocal minority “ g*****n don’t know what they voted for, g*****n are racist, g****n didn’t go to Uni so have no right to vote” it goes on , only yesterday celebrity coke head Terry Christian went into a full meltdown of hatred against those that had the bare faced cheek to vote the way he did not like.
Individuals that use the phrase g****n know exactly what they are doing, those that encourage and endorse the phrase also know what they are doing. It is intended as an insult.

We are all on our way.

Thank you, so to recap, a white person (by your definition, a 'gammon'), calling some other white people 'gammon' is racism.

You're barking.
You degrade REAL racism with this nonsense. Shame on you.

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Thank you, so to recap, a white person (by your definition, a gammon), calling some other white people 'gammon' is racism.

You're barking.

David..
You know what you are..keep calling me all the names you like, I don’t care, accuse me of being an alcoholic, I don’t care, as long as you are happy..

On our way.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The term “ G****n” is used as derogatory remark specifically targeting a persons skin colour, it has been thrown around with gusto since around about the time of a the referendum, that referendum was to remain or leave the EU, the leave option was chosen by the British public. Since then there has been a full on strop from a very vocal minority “ g*****n don’t know what they voted for, g*****n are racist, g****n didn’t go to Uni so have no right to vote” it goes on , only yesterday celebrity coke head Terry Christian went into a full meltdown of hatred against those that had the bare faced cheek to vote the way he did not like.
Individuals that use the phrase g****n know exactly what they are doing, those that encourage and endorse the phrase also know what they are doing. It is intended as an insult.

Your cries of faux-offence in this and countless previous posts have gone beyond laughable now, and are merely pitiful.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Actually it's you that is in denial. 'Gammon' is clearly a term of abuse, much favoured by (generally) the less reasonable remainers on here.

Of course its abuse. Do you consider abuse of white people towards some other white people racism? Bearing in mind the people belong to the same race, why/how?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
People who want to blur the lines regarding racism know what they are.

Moving on, no, I dont know what I am. Tell me. Don't be shy.

You are someone who is letting their emotions get the better of them, that’s the politest way I have of describing you and the situation you find yourself in.

On our way.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
You are someone who is letting their emotions get the better of them, that’s the politest way I have of describing you and the situation you find yourself in.

On our way.

Not at all. Watching you making a complete dick of yourself, again is quite relaxing and funny.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I didn’t misread your original post though. You wanted to know if following a voting decision to rejoin the EU, would leavers accept that referendum decision to rejoin or would they be a weasel undemocratic loon like you and not accept a referendum decision.
Havnt seen anyone say they would not accept a referendum decision to rejoin.

Standing on your soapbox, grasping your lapels, shouting insults and attempting a semantic deflection is your way, but it's no substitute for debating coherently.

The poster concerned said that he would campaign against a decision to implement a vote to rejoin the EU, a legitimate and in my view honourable position not dissimilar to the efforts of millions of people over the past three years.

You then decided to introduce the word 'accept', a word that means half of bugger-all in this context. As I have said before, we 'accepted' that the referendum went the way it did the instant it happened. We 'accepted' that we were likely to leave. That didn't stop me and many others campaigning for Brexit to be stopped if that was what voters showed they wanted.

The reason you didn't see anyone saying that they wouldn't accept a referendum result to rejoin is that no one in the conversation was discussing 'acceptance'. You know this.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Actually it's you that is in denial. 'Gammon' is clearly a term of abuse, much favoured by (generally) the less reasonable remainers on here.

It's meant to be a term of abuse. It applies to overweight middle aged men with wobbly red faces that get redder as they get angrier. Like Mark Francois. And you, probably.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's meant to be a term of abuse. It applies to overweight middle aged men with wobbly red faces that get redder as they get angrier. Like Mark Francois. And you, probably.

Never used the term on here

Capture.JPG.

But i take your point...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thought is was worth clarifying what I meant just to bring this little discussion to an end. If after we've left there was a campaign to re-join and that campaign successfully get a referendum then I would STILL want us to stay out and would vote that way. If the vote was to rejoin then I would accept the result and expect the result to be honoured and enacted.

And to reply to your direct question Mr Imp - yes, I respect the views of those that wish to remain generally. Hell, I know there are downsides to us leaving. BUT ..... I tend to lose that respect with some of the posters on here due to how and what they post. There are some sensible posters who respect my views and I theirs ( [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] for example ) and which can lead to mature debate despite disagreeing. There are others who exude an air of arrogance ( "how could you be so stupid" type attitude ) and others who are just downright abusive - these posters are best responded to with a fire meets fire style - I'm sure you can identify these posters for yourself.

A true democrat :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, in the European parliament, events take an embarrassing turn ..

_110692031_europarl.jpg

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have completed some statistical analysis and I have found the perfect correlation of 1 between two variables. What are these variables? Simple
1) taking offence at the term gammon
2) shouting snowflake at anyone who dares to challenge a view.

Happily this analysis has also provided the definition or irony.

Jan 30, 2008
A true democrat :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, in the European parliament, events take an embarrassing turn ..

_110692031_europarl.jpg

Tragic just like the people that back them on here
True Patriots and Democrats on can hold their heads high on friday , a job well done despite years of frustration and down right anti Democracy from MP's the liberal elite and parts of the media ie CH4 and the BBC
Regards
DF

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This is where the term 'Gammon' most probably came from:

My conduct, Pugstyles,' said Mr Gregsbury, looking round upon the deputation with gracious magnanimity--'my conduct has been, and ever will be, regulated by a sincere regard for the true and real interests of this great and happy country. Whether I look at home, or abroad; whether I behold the peaceful industrious communities of our island home: her rivers covered with steamboats, her roads with locomotives, her streets with cabs, her skies with balloons of a power and magnitude hitherto unknown in the history of aeronautics in this or any other nation--I say, whether I look merely at home, or, stretching my eyes farther, contemplate the boundless prospect of conquest and possession--achieved by British perseverance and British valour--which is outspread before me, I clasp my hands, and turning my eyes to the broad expanse above my head, exclaim, "Thank Heaven, I am a Briton!"'

The time had been, when this burst of enthusiasm would have been cheered to the very echo; but now, the deputation received it with chilling coldness. The general impression seemed to be, that as an explanation of Mr Gregsbury's political conduct, it did not enter quite enough into detail; and one gentleman in the rear did not scruple to remark aloud, that, for his purpose, it savoured rather too much of a 'gammon' tendency.

'The meaning of that term--gammon,' said Mr Gregsbury, 'is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I AM proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.'

Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens 1838

A stirring, patriotic piece of English like that written in the days of empire - I would have thought being called a Gammon would be right up some leave voters street. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here