Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Gammon is not a racist term as racism would require the existence of persecution, and the people the term is usually applied to (middle-aged white British men) are the least persecuted people in human history.

Ahh yeah, because white men have never been slaves, have they....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I am afraid you are making things up.

I am not criticising the poster concerned at all, but I had asked Ppf whether, in the event of the public voting to return to the EU, he would resist that happening. Ppf obviously ignored the question but the poster you mentioned said that he would indeed campaign against it happening. This is reasonable in my view, especially as my hypothesis implied that the winning vote was achieved by lies and exaggerations.

I doubt the circumstances would arise but if they did you offer a lovely vision of anti-EU membership campaigners silently by marching in protest, signing petitions, peacefully protesting and carefully invoking the law while JCPasta, 2prof and all the rest leap up and down on here wailing that Dominic Cummins and the rest are lying, cheating, whining, crying hypocritical swamp-dwellers. Can't see it myself.

For reference: If a group of membership-supporters managed to persuade the voting public that returning to the EU would be a surefire route to a land of milk and honey would you sit back and let it all happen, silent apart from a whistle of acceptance?

I thought he was saying he would campaign against rejoining the EU during the ref campaign, in the same way you would campaign to rejoin during the ref campaign. His obvious reference to the voters not actually returning a decision to rejoin anyway suggests he would have no need to campaign against rejoining after the decision has been made following the campaign and vote taking place as it would have returned a vote to stay out anyway.

If rejoin had won and hypothetically he was saying ignore that decision, i like you would be saying wind your neck in, rejoin won. But i dont think he was suggesting he would do that anyway.
I cant be arsed, but why dont you ask him for clarification

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Gammon is not a racist term as racism would require the existence of persecution, and the people the term is usually applied to (middle-aged white British men) are the least persecuted people in human history.

this is messed up thinking on so many levels

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
this is messed up thinking on so many levels

Imagine if I said people from the Middle East couldn’t be the targets of racial abuse because their ancestors were in a position of power at some point.

I’d be banned.

The people on here make out as if it was just the Europeans that fought for land.

For thousands of years slavery had been rife in all empires. The British stopped that, yet we are deemed the persecutors.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ahh yeah, because white men have never been slaves, have they....

I like how you chose to cherry-pick one specific element, did the entire sentiment not produce the outcome you wanted?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Question...

Would the parents of our Home Secretary and Chancellor have qualified for entry to the UK under the Tory post Brexit immigration scheme?

I find it very unpalatable when I see the sons or daughters of immigrants talking about controlling/stopping immigration. Creating hostile environments etc.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We know the few leavers who still comment on this thread are of the more volatile, delicate persuasion but they really do seem extraordinarily triggered these last few days.

Guys, guys. Chill. You “won”. It’s over. We leave in less than a week. You have your party and your 50 pence pieces. Bohnson and Moggeth rule the country with impunity. We ain’t rejoining the EU anytime soon.

All your little gammon wet dreams have been made manifest.
Truly, what are you still doing on this thread arguing the toss for? Go and celebrate. It’s pathetic. Really.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone would think they were worried about what it might turn out they won...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone would think they were worried about what it might turn out they won...

That and I just don’t think they can help themselves. They are not the nicest of posters at the best of times. Some of them are positively vile and frankly, unhinged like Das Reich. Brats who not only want their “win” but want to gloat too.
Clearly dragged up.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

I’ll thank you to keep your abhorrent, sickening views to yourself.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We know the few leavers who still comment on this thread are of the more volatile, delicate persuasion but they really do seem extraordinarily triggered these last few days.

Guys, guys. Chill. You “won”. It’s over. We leave in less than a week. You have your party and your 50 pence pieces. Bohnson and Moggeth rule the country with impunity. We ain’t rejoining the EU anytime soon.

Truly, what are you still doing on this thread arguing the toss for? Go and celebrate. It’s pathetic. Really.

Go easy on them, they are victims, persuaded that to vote against their own interests, just pawns in a bigger game. Meanwhile the architects of Brexit are laughing at them

So three and a half years since the vote and what have they got? Polish made blue passports, a special 50p and a border in the Irish sea.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I thought he was saying he would campaign against rejoining the EU during the ref campaign, in the same way you would campaign to rejoin during the ref campaign. His obvious reference to the voters not actually returning a decision to rejoin anyway suggests he would have no need to campaign against rejoining after the decision has been made following the campaign and vote taking place as it would have returned a vote to stay out anyway.

If rejoin had won and hypothetically he was saying ignore that decision, i like you would be saying wind your neck in, rejoin won. But i dont think he was suggesting he would do that anyway.
I cant be arsed, but why dont you ask him for clarification

It might have been simpler for you to have said: "Sorry. Misread the original post."

BTW, where on earth did I say 'wind your neck in, rejoin won'? (I'm not expecting an answer though - easier for you to announce that you can't be arsed with boring hypotheses.)

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I like how you chose to cherry-pick one specific element, did the entire sentiment not produce the outcome you wanted?

I didn’t cherry pick anything. Your ‘sentiment’ is that white people can’t be victims of racial abuse, which is clearly bollocks and no one agrees with you.

racism rā′sĭz″əm►
n. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Your assertion that the Leave (winners) voters on here are middle aged is untrue. I’m in my 20’s.

Jan 30, 2008

Priceless coming from you of all people :dunce:
Regards
DF

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
We listened to Sir Nigel
His heart is well and true
We followed Jacob Rees-Moog
They hate him coz he’s blue

We sent the lefties packing
They all saw and knew
That we all love Britannia
And hate Remoaners too

Allez! Allez! Alleeeez!

Allez! Allez! Alleeeez!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That and I just don’t think they can help themselves. They are not the nicest of posters at the best of times. Some of them are positively vile and frankly, unhinged like Das Reich. Brats who not only want their “win” but want to gloat too.
Clearly dragged up.

It's because there are no tangible benefits for them. The sense of triumphalism is all they have, so they have to make the most of it while they can.

It's a bit like the month after we'd drawn to Middlesbrough in 2016 when NSC had a number of Boro and Burnley fans signing on to NSC purely to gloat, presumably because they had nothing else positive going on in their sad lives.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I didn’t cherry pick anything. Your ‘sentiment’ is that white people can’t be victims of racial abuse, which is clearly bollocks and no one agrees with you.

racism rā′sĭz″əm►
n.The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Your assertion that the Leave (winners) voters on here are middle aged is untrue. I’m in my 20’s.

You’re banging your head against a brick wall with this individual, a thoroughly nasty, hate filled excuse of a human, loves to throw “clever” comments at people with a different point of view, will not stop spewing racist bile.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here