Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
'Make the best of it' is indeed a very simple concept but you don't explain how that might apply to an unknown, uncertain future for many people in this country. Your language comes across like a 'shrug' when it comes to other people's poor employment prospects; and I must also call you out for using emotive language like 'bleating'. People suffering from this aberration through no fault of their own or choices they made are not 'bleating' when they point out that Brexiter' promises have not been delivered.

I assume you are confident of being personally unaffected by the decision to leave the EU, but your stoical comments about the impending suffering of others are frankly disingenuous to put it very, very mildly.

You need to climb off of that saintly white charger you think you are riding. Those who actually have lost their jobs I have every sympathy for, those who are whining about what might happen need to concentrate more on finding what positives there may be from Brexit.

As for being personally unaffected? You could not be more wrong, I took a massive financial hit when the referendum happened, but I had no choice but to cope with it.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
You need to climb off of that saintly white charger you think you are riding. Those who actually have lost their jobs I have every sympathy for, those who are whining about what might happen need to concentrate more on finding what positives there may be from Brexit.

As for being personally unaffected? You could not be more wrong, I took a massive financial hit when the referendum happened, but I had no choice but to cope with it.

Remainers should concentrate on looking for any positives?? Really?
I've looked. I'm being genuine when I say that im not seeing much that makes the economic future of the UK look uncertain, what Brexit has cost already, and the possible break up of the Union seem worth it. Could you point me in a few directions. Maybe im looking in the wrong places?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Good grief they were even chuntering on during the match tonight ..

00-745-548x300.jpg

:timmy:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've looked. I'm being genuine when I say that im not seeing much that makes the economic future of the UK look uncertain, what Brexit has cost already, and the possible break up of the Union seem worth it. Could you point me in a few directions. Maybe im looking in the wrong places?

Your investigative abilities aren't particularly impressive considering you couldn't find any evidence that the Labour party had a problem with antisemitism despite being investigated by the Equality and Human Rights Commission over antisemitism and admitting they have a problem with antisemitism.

As for pointing you in the right direction, it depends if you believe increased Democratic accountability, re-establishing primacy of UK law, increased control of our borders establishing a non discriminatory immigration policy, regaining the ability to do trade deals prioritising the UK economy with the fastest growing markets across the world while lowering punitive tariffs on some of the poorest counties if we see fit and of course not being subsumed into an EU superstate as vaguely positive ..

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I am not saying that Brexit is good, I actually believe it is bad. But there will be some positives, I have not a clue what they are or where they will come from, but they will appear in time. People need to grasp whatever comes their way rather than miss them by not being focused.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Your investigative abilities aren't particularly impressive considering you couldn't find any evidence that the Labour party had a problem with antisemitism despite being investigated by the Equality and Human Rights Commission over antisemitism and admitting they have a problem with antisemitism.

As for pointing you in the right direction, it depends if you believe increased Democratic accountability, re-establishing primacy of UK law, increased control of our borders establishing a non discriminatory immigration policy, regaining the ability to do trade deals prioritising the UK economy with the fastest growing markets across the world while lowering punitive tariffs on some of the poorest counties if we see fit and of course not being subsumed into an EU superstate as vaguely positive ..

Accountability laying with the Tory party whose leader has been caught out lying more than a few times, and threatening to ignore the wishes of Scotland? We have always had controls for our borders but never applied them, Trade deals are easy, easiest in history? Im guessing these fastest growing markets are China etc? Im looking forward to the quality. We were never going to be part of a superstate. Primacy of UK law? How different will that look? Youre right, I doubt there any anti semites in other parties, and know you will never acknowledge the anti Semitism directed at the Labour party was mostly the Israeli State being criticised and not the faith.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I am not saying that Brexit is good, I actually believe it is bad. But there will be some positives, I have not a clue what they are or where they will come from, but they will appear in time. People need to grasp whatever comes their way rather than miss them by not being focused.

A bit hit & miss as a future isnt it.

Jan 30, 2008
Straight talking is about cutting the crap in order to make a concise, clear point. All you do is gloat, you haven't ever backed up any point, and it's all a bit of a game to you. Even when faced with an example of real life hardship, you're too STUPID to show any empathy. You're an absolute contemptible moron.

Not at all as I've been in a similar situation on several occasions, it's an internet forum not a counciling platform?
Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1219768851036016641[/TWEET]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[TWEET]1219768851036016641[/TWEET]

This is a familiar story on the Costas in Spain. When it comes to life in the sun FOM its the working class Utopia, just not back home in Romford....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Slightly off topic. But where are the UK government at Davos, I thought Brexit Britain was to be reaching out to the world? All a bit weird really....

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
.. and on and on and on ..

I'm not quite sure why you're so happy with the jeery genius's four links. Do you read them before applauding? They showed...

1. Guarded optimism from the IMG (described by Leavers as a lackey of the British Government, and part-funded by it) that UK growth might slightly exceed that of the eurozone in the period when Brexit uncertainty will hopefully lift a little, although this is qualified by the assumption that there is a gradual transition to a satisfactory deal with the EU and Johnson has warned that he's prepared to walk away at the end of the year come hell or high water.

2. Good if irrelevant news about one specific sector that has always been less-dependant on our relationship with the EU than most.

3. Confidence rising after the Dec election - it is now higher than it has been at other times in the gloomy low-confidence post-referendum era. Good news but what are we comparing it with?

4. Ditto, although the proof of the pudding will be whether spending rises. No one knows that yet (although it would be amazing if it didn't go up a bit compared to the High Street's disastrous Christmas.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of ANYONE who has ever claimed that every single sector, every dial, every trend would go into a dive following the Brexit vote.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So you are saying that although Brexit will be bad for Britain, the economy and British people, it is even more important that they grab what few opportunities come along, even if no one currently has any idea what those opportunities are ?

Maybe Jaguar/Land Rover is an opportunity ???

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So you are saying that although Brexit will be bad for Britain, the economy and British people, that is even more reason they should grab what few opportunities that come along ?

Maybe like Jaguar/Land Rover ???

Why would you think any different? Brexit IS happening, it won’t be pretty, so why just sit back and be a victim when you could try to get the best deal possible for you and yours?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So you are saying that although Brexit will be bad for Britain, the economy and British people, it is even more important that they grab what few opportunities come along, even if no one currently has any idea what those opportunities are ?

They announced 4500 job losses in Jan 2019

In the last hour, hundreds more going at Halewood plant from April

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/jaguar-land-rover-set-cut-17610342

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

We have to be thankful. IF you have family living in, for example India, I'd expect it to be much easier to bring them over to the UK due to Brexit, instead of those unwanted Europeans.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Slightly off topic. But where are the UK government at Davos, I thought Brexit Britain was to be reaching out to the world? All a bit weird really....

I think Boris banned the government from attending... except Javid decided to go anyway. Not sure why Boris made that call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here