Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
in a genius bit of keyword matching, this thread shows an ad for The Eagles' Hotel California tour. :rock:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I watched Steve Baker (ultra of the ERG) on TV yesterday. I'm not sure how much his spiel reflected Johnson's policy (given that the ERG virtually dictated Tory policy on Brexit, 'quite a bit' is the answer) but he was talking about parallel trade negotiations with the EU and the USA (at one point I think he might have thrown Japan into the mix too - but hey, the more the merrier).

He seemed to be suggesting that

a) we could seriously undertake this process

b) it could al be concluded by the end of 2020

c) and this is the real Cloud Cuckoo Land bit: that there's be no trade-offs in the process i.e. we could emerge with a set of outcomes that would be acceptable to the EU and the USA and lose nothing and gain much.

I think what he means is that he like to see a process whereby the EU will reject most if not all of the things we agree with Trump which means that we could then jettison the EU for once and for all. He just didn't quite put it this way.So we leave without a deal, blaming the EU as we flounce off into the arms of Trump (if still President).

To make matters worse he had a very smug look on his face: the prat that got the cream. The lunatics have truly taken over the asylum and I'm beginning to think they are welcome to it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's interesting to see that all the remainers on here are factual and intelligent, whereas the leavers are like retarded schoolchildren with severe learning difficulties.
It's the ignorant small majority that have got us into this mess but sadly this country is now infested with insects like fairy, a turd that will just not flush away.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Johnson isn't just a liar, he's actually a bit of t*t as well...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51107646

Support for Brexit in the capital is about 30%..

He'll get the money for his bongs.

Radio Five was canvassing alternative noises to commemorate Brexit this afternoon - the best suggestion I heard was that beepbeepbeep sound you get from a lorry going backwards.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It's interesting to see that all the remainers on here are factual and intelligent, whereas the leavers are like retarded schoolchildren with severe learning difficulties.
It's the ignorant small majority that have got us into this mess but sadly this country is now infested with insects like fairy, a turd that will just not flush away.

In that paragraph there shows the arrogance of the oh so right remainer. You wonder why people came out in their droves to make sure brexit happens.
What you have written is the very self righteous comments remainers have been making to leavers since the referendum result. Even after the nation decided AGAIN that it wants to leave you still make the arrogant remarks. Don't let that stop you though. Carry on. Water of a ducks back now.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
In that paragraph there shows the arrogance of the oh so right remainer. You wonder why people came out in their droves to make sure brexit happens.
What you have written is the very self righteous comments remainers have been making to leavers since the referendum result. Even after the nation decided AGAIN that it wants to leave you still make the arrogant remarks. Don't let that stop you though. Carry on. Water of a ducks back now.

I assume you know that more people voted for 'Remain' or 'People's vote' parties than for the Brexit parties..... so hardly the nation deciding it wants to leave. It may seem academic now but knowing how important democracy is to you, perhaps it's worth some reflection.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I assume you know that more people voted for Remain or a 'People's vote' parties than for the Brexit parties..... so hardly the nation deciding it wants to leave. It may seem academic now but knowing how important democracy is to you, perhaps it's worth reflection.

Yes, but they weren't completely sure what part of remain they wanted were they. Hence the vote was split all over the place. Carry on clutching those straws.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yes, but they weren't completely sure what part of remain they wanted were they. Hence the vote was split all over the place. Carry on clutching those straws.
Haha
I enjoy reading graceless responses like yours; it completely undermines the Johnson mantra that he will bring the country together.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope you enjoy your Big Ben Bong, that's going to be the high point of Brexit, and you are going to have to pay for that too. The shape of things to come!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

I voted Remain as did my wife, but your statement is unbelievably arrogant and quite frankly appalling.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I hope you enjoy your Big Ben Bong, that's going to be the high point of Brexit, and you are going to have to pay for that too. The shape of things to come!

11 dongs, a Polish made Blue Passport and fish (well not even sure about that now)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Indeed,very true, as you say completely split.
Totally kicked themselves in the nuts, some were simply revoke the whole thing, some another vote and campaign to remain, some another vote and stay completely neutral, not forgetting amongst the second referendum types there wasn’t even a consensus on what question or format to ask, and another vote might have simply returned leave anyway, thank god we didn’t subject the country to another referendum, would have been a complete betrayal.
Boris had it right with get Brexit done and get the withdrawal agreement finally through parliament. The remain position was simply too split to muster enough votes with a unified voice to win a democratic general election…… which is why they didn’t come close to doing that.

Jan 30, 2008
Haha
I enjoy reading graceless responses like yours; it completely undermines the Johnson mantra that he will bring the country together.
you'd need super glue for any form of coming together, anyway not long now and we''ll be on our way, believe in Britain , lot's of people do :wink:
regards
DF

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

You need to take a good look at yourself mate.
If you need to go that low you either need a break and stop winding yourself up or go and get some help.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So you're still stereotyping all leavers then, and slinging out insults like 'retarded schoolchildren'. Nice ..... very rational and grown-up.

The impressively fantastic bit about it is that you have managed to equate stereotyping and name-calling with greater intelligence. Oh the irony - if only you could realise it!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I voted Remain as did my wife, but your statement is unbelievably arrogant and quite frankly appalling.

Well said sir!

Obviously I disagree with you about leaving the EU, but respect your right to hold the view that you do. It's a shame for you and the many other decent remainers that some of you fellow remainers couldn't contain themselves when it came to arrogance and abuse. Unfortunately for you, many of them were spouting that stuff leading up to the referendum too - I wonder how many neutrals/not sures they pushed over to the leave side by their derisive ranting - could have been crucial in terms of the outcome, perhaps?

Now there's a thought ..................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here