Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I know two people amongst my friends who voted Leave and have now changed their minds.

I actually had a proxy vote for one of them, and when instructing me to vote Leave on his behalf, he said it was because he wanted to teach his leader a lesson - a Tory protest vote, in other words, not expecting Leave to win.

People change their minds, and have allegedly the other way as well. What's wrong with checking it out?

Once we're out, have another vote. I'm in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have a power of veto.
That is why we are no longer going to bail out any other country.
That is why we still use pounds sterling instead of the euro.
That is why we still buy and use right hand drive cars.

There is no EU army unless every single one of the 28 countries agree to it without one veto.

You say you are not comfortable with it, but that is because you are believing lies. Lies make you feel something isn't right.
That is why Alexis and Percy can't play for the Albion.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
But 17.4m put the correct ones in the basket, and wish to checkout.

( I DO like this shopping analogy, could go on for hours)

17.4m did three years ago, but newer lightbulbs have been produced since then and problems have been found with the bulbs you put in. Something about them being old, worn out and prone to bursting.

Also; you haven't answered my question. Possibly because you know the answer and it doesn't fit, so you'd rather divert. It's ok, you're not the first to do so - gammon-in-chief Ppf is the king of this. You're definitely showing promise, though! Go on, give it another go.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Exactly, I find it unbelievable that the remainers have NO compromise at all.

They appear, selfish individuals who hide behind their masks of deception, they obviously are not all they like to portray on the exterior.

The thing is the public is beginning to see through their project fear campaigns, and they know what Boris is all about as he is consistent as is Farage, that's why these leaders have such popularity among the intelligent electorate.

Brilliant. Just realised I've been whooshed all this time. You're actually Armando Iannucci, aren't you? And you've probably done more than all the others on this thread to promote Remain. Thank you.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Tories are now running scared of pushing the bill through Parliament in case it's get amended for the greater good.

Who is chicken now Boris ?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Clearly wanted to rush it through quickly in the hope that some of the gremlins - like the political declaration being binding for the UK negotiators of phase 2, and Parliament having no say on extending the transition period - were just waved through without consideration.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
17.4m did three years ago, but newer lightbulbs have been produced since then and problems have been found with the bulbs you put in. Something about them being old, worn out and prone to bursting.

Also; you haven't answered my question. Possibly because you know the answer and it doesn't fit, so you'd rather divert. It's ok, you're not the first to do so - gammon-in-chief Ppf is the king of this. You're definitely showing promise, though! Go on, give it another go.
Mercy me, a question left unanswered by a lever.

Whodda thunk it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

What was the question? Lost in the muddle of words.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Clearly wanted to rush it through quickly in the hope that some of the gremlins - like the political declaration being binding for the UK negotiators of phase 2, and Parliament having no say on extending the transition period - were just waved through without consideration.

funny thing is, parliament had no say in the original WA either. the amendment creates a formal mechanism for government to bring about an extension, if they hadnt the default would be that its up to government to decide. i do wonder sometimes how clever or not people involved are, is it cunning, accidental or incompetence?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What was the question? Lost in the muddle of words.

I really can't put it into less syllables for you. Try again:

You've put your light bulbs into your basket one day, but you've realised shortly after that those are the wrong lightbulbs.

Would you still buy the wrong lightbulbs, knowing that they are wrong, then go through a timely and costly process of trying to return them back to the seller - purely because you've already done it and have to see it through?

Or would you clear your basket out and put the correct ones in before buying?

Yoda

English & European
so here is the problem, we cant even accept what the vote would be on, much less the options. there would be endless debate on the legitimacy of the vote, which one should have precedence, so on, before even getting to having one. since it has been argued that parliament should take decisions on behalf of their constituents, and that the public do not understand the complexity and impact the subject, it follows that parliament should decide whether to continue or end the process.

How about a version of Single Transferable Vote?

You number your preferable choice in order from 1-3/4/5 (depending on how many options we have) and what ever gets the lowest is eliminated.

Anyone who voted for that option has their vote distributed to their next choice, and so on until there is a winner.

The Northern Irish use a similar system when voting for their MEP's and the Scottish use in local council elections.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

Also, if you stick with those light bulbs you will find that they are causing many other things around the house not to work as well anymore.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It seems the Polish government is more sympathetic to the UK, than a Tory MP Daniel Cawczynski, who went to them to vote against an extension. Some would call that trying to collude with a foreign power.

[tweet]1186986488325648385[/tweet]

Would be really awkward if one of his fellow Tory MPs had suggested creatling legislation to make it illegal to collude with a foreign power over matters of UK policy earlier this week.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Once we're out, have another vote. I'm in.

I'll ask you the same question as earlier. Why does it have to be after we're out? Why can't people change their minds before doing something, like they can in basically everything else in life?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'll ask you the same question as earlier. Why does it have to be after we're out? Why can't people change their minds before doing something, like they can in basically everything else in life?

Because the learned and trusted seekers of democracy and justice MPs voted that they would (by 6 : 1) adhere to the result. I trust them to deliver what they promise, or where does that leave us?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
funny thing is, parliament had no say in the original WA either. the amendment creates a formal mechanism for government to bring about an extension, if they hadnt the default would be that its up to government to decide. i do wonder sometimes how clever or not people involved are, is it cunning, accidental or incompetence?
The other thing to remember is that anything in the WAB about British Law can be altered or repealed by a new Government after election, anyway.

For instance, they could vote to scrap the bit about Parliament having no say in requesting a transition extension, or the bit about binding our future negotiators hands.

It is only the actual agreement with the EU itself which cannot be changed by the next Parliament once ratified by both sides.

So, maybe it should just go through, and after an election we look at the British Law bits again ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Because the learned and trusted seekers of democracy and justice MPs voted that they would (by 6 : 1) adhere to the result. I trust them to deliver what they promise, or where does that leave us?

You keep trusting people to deliver promises they can't keep though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here