Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

People who commit acts of terrorism are a disgrace to the human race.
Rapists/Pedophiles/ are a disgrace to the human race.
Anyone committing human rights atrocities are a disgrace to the human race.

MP's standing up for what they believe in (regardless of whether that fits your view or not) are not a disgrace to the human race.

People might take you seriously if you tone down the ****ing drama for once.

The Remainers are the ones who started a verbal onslaught upon me and other leavers and I wasn't taken seriously, I don't normally lower myself to their childish name-calling, however, if they seriously think the brexiteers will take this lying down then they need to think again.

Compromise or the Brexit party will rise from the dead, then they will have something to moan about at the general election.

Which is it???

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The Remainers are the ones who started a verbal onslaught upon me and other leavers and I wasn't taken seriously, I don't normally lower myself to their childish name-calling, however, if they seriously think the brexiteers will take this lying down then they need to think again.

Which is it???

You don't normally lower yourself but won't take it lying down. Must be confusing.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It'll take him a few more hours to craft his well researched thoughtful reply I'm afraid.

It'll be a variation on:

Leave means Leave
Something something remoaners
Something something Brexit
Blah blah blah get ready for Brexit

If I had to put money down, I'd go with "blah blah blah get ready for Brexit"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What you see is what you get with Boris.

Open your eyes up, they all lie through their teeth and here are the biggest bunch of hypocrites.

Corbyn, McDonnell, Starmer, Khan, Cooper all snakes in the grass and not to be trusted.

https://youtu.be/iPcmebRH904

And Mr Johnson hasn't been caught out several times for being a serial liar, then. That must be in my imagination. I now trust him implicitly!!!!!😂😂

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
What you see is what you get with Boris.

Open your eyes up, they all lie through their teeth and here are the biggest bunch of hypocrites.

Corbyn, McDonnell, Starmer, Khan, Cooper all snakes in the grass and not to be trusted.

https://youtu.be/iPcmebRH904

Imagine if the roles were reversed totally and the vote was to decide whether to join the EU, and yet over a 1000 days on we were still not in and MP' s were stalling and obstructing. There would be massive uproar and anger. They just don't get the affront to Democracy it is.

D

Deleted member 2719

Imagine if the roles were reversed totally and the vote was to decide whether to join the EU, and yet over a 1000 days on we were still not in and MP' s were stalling and obstructing. There would be massive uproar and anger. They just don't get the affront to Democracy it is.

Exactly, I find it unbelievable that the remainers have NO compromise at all.

They appear, selfish individuals who hide behind their masks of deception, they obviously are not all they like to portray on the exterior.

The thing is the public is beginning to see through their project fear campaigns, and they know what Boris is all about as he is consistent as is Farage, that's why these leaders have such popularity among the intelligent electorate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They appear, selfish individuals who hide behind their masks of deception, they obviously are not all they like to portray on the exterior.

The thing is the public is beginning to see through their project fear campaigns, and they know what Boris is all about as he is consistent as is Farage, that's why these leaders have such popularity among the intelligent electorate.

Good morning Mr Boots.

Life in the mouldy world.

I prefer mine.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Compromise or the Brexit party will rise from the dead, then they will have something to moan about at the general election.

Which is it???

If I had to choose, I reckon you would thcream and thrcream and thrcream until you were sick :sick:

aa5ed45ba1f7dd34e4dc1b66c3a83c38.jpg

That's what happened last time I remember seeing such a drama queen :facepalm:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Let’s see if Boris can convince leavers that this is not his fault despite having the numbers to get Brexit ‘done’, he has pulled the legislation meaning that it could be next year at the earliest before we leave.

He's already got away with it.

I heard plenty of 'get on with it' before he brought in delays. The latest being the switch from his proposal to pressing for a GE. I mean come on, he made more progress than May in 4 months than she did in 36, but because he couldn't get the timings he wanted afterwards he's suspended it. Absolutely no reason not to proceed to the next stage to keep it ticking over.

Why is nobody getting hacked off with him for this?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The thing is the public is beginning to see through their project fear campaigns, and they know what Boris is all about as he is consistent

Indeed, a consistent liar of the highest order.

https://youtu.be/0s-zsPRhcwc

If Bojo thought being a remainer would keep in number 10 longer, he’d switch and throw Brexiteers under the bus before they could say ‘Leave means leave’.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Plenty of remainers will compromise - not the Peoples Vote lot though, obviously.

Ideally need to get a couple things amended out of the withdrawal agreement bill ( like the ludicrous making the non-binding future relationship document binding on the UK ) - although any new Government can repeal any UK Law bits of the bill anyway, so perhaps not a big deal - and it could be good to get through Parliament very soon.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Plenty of remainers will compromise - not the Peoples Vote lot though, obviously.

Ideally need to get a couple things amended out of the withdrawal agreement bill ( like the ludicrous making the non-binding future relationship document binding on the UK ) - although any new Government can repeal any UK Law bits of the bill anyway, so perhaps not a big deal - and it could be good to get through Parliament very soon.

Are you saying that plenty of remainers will compromise to the diametrically opposed position of 'leave' ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are you saying that plenty of remainers will compromise to the diametrically opposed position of 'leave' ???
Yes - plenty want this stage over, and to now leave - but only in the least damaging way possible.

I mean that is just common sense. Keep the contract with the population, minimise initial damage, fix the rest as soon as possible. Learn the lesson and avoid future referendums.

There is a sizeable uncompromising Peoples' Vote faction though, for sure.

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
And Mr Johnson hasn't been caught out several times for being a serial liar, then. That must be in my imagination. I now trust him implicitly!!!!!����

So....its not like its anything different from previous years/decades.
Good god, we had past masters at it in Major and Blair and Cameron and May had their moments as well. As far back as the 70's, there were years of lies and deceit peddled around to persuade us to join the Common Market. Its what politicians do. DON'T TRUST THEM. They will let you down. Don't take them too seriously. Its a cesspit of half-truths, lies, deceipt and mis-information. Its how it works. There is nothing upfront and straightforward and there are always different agenda's in place, with schemers and strategists behind the scenes pulling and pushing in different directions. Always ask the question...." What is in it for them? "

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

A bit like when the Tories won the 1970 General Election with a pledge to join The EEC and the UK didn't join until 1973 after lengthy negotiations and debate and the European Communities Bill was properly scrutinised, debated and voted on/MP's stalling and obstructing it all in parliament? What uproar and anger was there then?

Or did you just think undoing the past 45 years since then was going to be really easy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here