Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
The additional 2 days to register to vote for 80 mins down time on government computer resulted in 2 million extra voters.They seemingly were not interested for months prior to the final 80 minutes.If you assume that the majority were for leave and should not have voted then the outcome was more likely to have been a remain win.

So Cameron who wanted to remain thought he would give the leave vote extra time..........................lol that is brilliant!
So for your next trick.............?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is a petition that has been launched for the government to debate a 2nd referendum. I shall sign it as I believe the decision taken either way should have contained a stipulation that it needed a 60% overall vote to change it was aso mentioned on the radio the vast number of votes to leave came from the older voters who wont be affected and that the age to vote on this issue alone should have been lowered to 16 as it will affect them in later life.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The amount of crying over this just proves we have too many WET BLANKETS in this country these days. They're all running around today like their ****ing hairs on fire. :tosser:

Because it is a potentially disastrous situation. The coming years are not going to be fun.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pound trading against $ at 1.36 , only down 12 cents on the day...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
There is a petition that has been launched for the government to debate a 2nd referendum. I shall sign it as I believe the decision taken either way should have contained a stipulation that it needed a 60% overall vote to change it was aso mentioned on the radio the vast number of votes to leave came from the older voters who wont be affected and that the age to vote on this issue alone should have been lowered to 16 as it will affect them in later life.

Waste of time SINGING that, the deed is DONE. How about we rerun last years election ? The same principles there too

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To be replaced by Boris, Gove, IDS?
What a very sad day for this country.
I had no idea that the majority of this country were so stupid, ignorant and racist to allow this to happen, it is going to be a disaster.
Farage lording it up this morning is making me want to puke.
The only people that think we are a great country are the British, to the rest we are a laughing stock, a small blip of an island that now holds no credibility in the world anymore, if anyone thinks we can just go waltzing into countries around the world demanding trade deals they are very much mistaken.
The referendum should never have been held, the British have proved they are far too thick to make the correct decision.

Grow up you WET BLANKET :tosser:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It would be lovely if possible BG but we can't move the goalposts now, 17.4 million out of 65 million have made their choice and we are stuck with the consequences. Bye bye, Scotland, bye bye Europe and easy travel,bye bye Disneyworld you are too expensive now....

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Flippantly I would say let's have another referendum because I don't know how I am going to fill my free hours anymore.

But seriously there won't be another one unless the EU proposition is materially different. You can't have another one because the first result was close. Can you?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It would be lovely if possible BG but we can't move the goalposts now, 17.4 million out of 65 million have made their choice and we are stuck with the consequences. Bye bye, Scotland, bye bye Europe and easy travel,bye bye Disneyworld you are too expensive now....
You're forgetting that many are foreign and couldn't vote and more importantly many are children...we don't have 65 million adults that have the right to vote.
Dodgy Dave got around 34% in the general election and that's two thirds that didn't vote for him.
Just had the biggest turnout for 60 odd years...that's fabulous and thankfully the right result :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The President of the European Parliament, Martin Schulz, says the EU will not allow the UK to re-join the single market.

"Leave is leave", he said. "The UK just decided to leave the European Union and that means also the single market of the European Union. I wonder whether this is a rational decision. It is an emotional one."

Mr Schulz said he respected the decision of the British people, but felt it was the wrong one.

"The UK had lost independence nowhere. The UK is not a part of Schengen, it's not a part of the euro. The UK had a lot of opt-outs… it was the UK insisting always not to be a full-fledged member of the EU.

"The only areas they were a fully-fledged member is the single market and now they cut the links to the single market and look what happens today on the internal markets."

He said Leave campaigners had duped the British public by making false promises.

"Yes, that message that Britain alone would be stronger than together with the other countries of the European Union, this is a fairytale."

Oops

That's a great source. When you quote someone as credible and respected as Mr. Schulz it's hard to dispute. What have I done?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So Cameron who wanted to remain thought he would give the leave vote extra time..........................lol that is brilliant!
So for your next trick.............?

Well you "assumed" they were mostly remain to make your point, so I merely "assumed" they were mostly leave to make an alternative point. Also to show you can pretty much make stats say anything you want.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You're forgetting that many are foreign and couldn't vote and more importantly many are children...we don't have 65 million adults that have the right to vote.
Dodgy Dave got around 34% in the general election and that's two thirds that didn't vote for him.
Just had the biggest turnout for 60 odd years...that's fabulous and thankfully the right result :)

My company buys it's stock from around the world in Dollars, the Pound /Dollar exchange rate has just gone down 12 Cents on day one since the vote, that's 8%.... I am getting near due for my annual pay review which might have got me a 1-2% increase....do you think that will happen now ?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
This is't really relevant to the thread, but it seems as good a place as any to ask it.

If the election expenses case finds that all was not above board and it turns out the government were elected illegally, would that render this government and all that has happened under it null and void?

Just interested, as if this were the case it would mean that no referendum legally took place, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here