Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’ll have a look for it

Also if the deal goes through I think Boris will be toast - he promised “a tiger in the tank” but he has given away more than May if reports at to be believed

Indeed, so desperate is he to come back with a deal he's sold out ! all his old ERG mates will not be happy. I think he wants to get a deal, any deal,over the line then hope to win a quick early election on the back of it before the fine print becomes obvious and the country realises what a mistake has been made.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I’ll have a look for it

Also if the deal goes through I think Boris will be toast - he promised “a tiger in the tank” but he has given away more than May if reports at to be believed

Indeed it does look as though he is the one doing all the 'compromising' (aka: accepting realities) - and appears to be ending up with what the EU offered May before she invented the backstop. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/15/boris-johnson-close-to-brexit-deal-after-border-concessions But the thing with Johnson is that he'll sell this as a great thing, better than May's deal, and only he could have 'Got Brexit Done'. Given his political history so far, he'll avoid being toast I suspect.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Indeed it does look as though he is the one doing all the 'compromising' (aka: accepting realities) - and appears to be ending up with what the EU offered May before she invented the backstop. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/15/boris-johnson-close-to-brexit-deal-after-border-concessions But the thing with Johnson is that he'll sell this as a great thing, better than May's deal, and only he could have 'Got Brexit Done'. Given his political history so far, he'll avoid being toast I suspect.

The problem he has is this is no longer enough for Brexit party voters, it will be seen as the great betrayal.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The problem he has is this is no longer enough for Brexit party voters, it will be seen as the great betrayal.

When Brexit no longer defines the general election, and 'Brexit is Done', then the Brexit Party voters will probably just revert to their normal voting pattern on domestic matters.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
When Brexit no longer defines the general election, and 'Brexit is Done', then the Brexit Party voters will probably just revert to their normal voting pattern on domestic matters.

I’m not so sure, Farage will re-invent himself “there is still time to save Brexit!”

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Not much makes much sense in practice at the moment in my opinion; that's why I would not rule out difficulties in security in the future.

You could be right. Who knows? let's wait and see; if the emerging news tonight is to be believed, then it might not be that long!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

WHAT?

It turns out that Theresa May was a better negotiator than Johnson?

That can't be right, Shirley :wink:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’ll have a look for it

If Johnson gets a deal - and he can spin any deal as a good one - then he'll be a hero to many and will return with a majority at the next election.

It is frustrating, of course. The customs boundary in the Irish Sea was always the answer. If Theresa of Borg hadn't blundered with calling an election - and had to accept the DUP tail wagging the UK dog - we would have been here much sooner.

It seems we are going for a supersized ( reversed ) Busingem type arrangement. 2018 wants its idea back.

https://twitter.com/hhesterm/status/1054320743734042624?s=19

Excellent. We got there in the end.

Get this signed off, then move onto task 2 - the pivot towards EFTA membership, task 3 - a quick deal for paid for medium term EEA access, and finally task 4, the golden egg of a ( Super ) Switzerland FTA.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It’ll probably now happen regardless. The pursuit of little englander and anti immigrants has had its toll. And who can blame them

If you shoot Brexit, you shoot the SNP Indy fox. Without it, the whole concept is a hard sell.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Remember Chequers July 2017.

Think we could have been asleep for two and a half years and missed very little?? Seems nothing has changed, same border in Ireland, same single market, same DUP

Can a square peg ever fit a round hole without breaking the peg?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

D

Deleted member 2719

Well, it's clear to see you two are extremely frustrated, why is this??? Why do you feel the need to insult me???
Why would any of us be frustrated?
Try and spend a bit of time sharpening your powers of perception.
The insult must be in your own head and you yourself don't actually believe you are wise, witty or amusing........
My powers of perception have always said you are a second account of Harry Wilsons tackle.
They also giving off a strong signal that you have an amazingly tiny penis.
Keep UP if you can.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If Johnson gets a deal - and he can spin any deal as a good one - then he'll be a hero to many and will return with a majority at the next election.

It is frustrating, of course. The customs boundary in the Irish Sea was always the answer. If Theresa of Borg hadn't blundered with calling an election - and had to accept the DUP tail wagging the UK dog - we would have been here much sooner.

It seems we are going for a supersized ( reversed ) Busingem type arrangement. 2018 wants its idea back.

https://twitter.com/hhesterm/status/1054320743734042624?s=19

Excellent. We got there in the end.

Get this signed off, then move onto task 2 - the pivot towards EFTA membership, task 3 - a quick deal for paid for medium term EEA access, and finally task 4, the golden egg of a ( Super ) Switzerland FTA.

Another couple of weeks then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here