Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This isnt test match cricket where we can call for a review of the decision. We are out and the EU are locking the pavilion doors so we cant return.
I hope you're right - but I don't trust the politicians. Bear in mind there's over 400 MPs (out of 600) in the Commons who want to remain, and they're probably pretty angry that we, the people, have defied them..

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It does make a bit of sense. I know this is democracy in full action, and as a remainer, I am not got going to go against the vote, nor do I advocate a second vote.

HOWEVER, I do find it odd that the country is going to plough ahead with such a monumental action when 48% of the voting nation have said they do not want it. And yes, I would be saying the same had the vote been the other way.

Well only 37% of the electorate do want Brexit, just over 1 in 3.

For something so fundamental to how our country works and permanent, for only 1 in 3 people to actually want it to change in that manner does seem a bit odd to be enough.

And to be honest I probably wouldn't be saying the above if the result had gone the other way, but it hasn't and I am .

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
:lolol:

Can you imagine if the vote was 52-48 to remain, and the leave camp wanted another referendum?

It would be laughed at from all corners of the country.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Is this not the argument against PR?

I'm a remainer, but if anything showed the need for PR, despite the dire consequences it could have, then it was the turnout at this referendum. People were ignorant and racist and fascist and mis-informed etc etc, but ultimately, it was as democratic as this country has ever been where every single person had a say, and that's how it should be.

Heaven forbid, it may make MPs work harder and build trust between them and the electorate again.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Nigel Farage: £350 million pledge to fund the NHS was 'a mistake'

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/remem...d-to-second-referendum-5963900/#ixzz4CVB8S2Lt

How many people formed their opinion on the basis of the £350m a week lie?

Either way the vote went, they are all full of shyte, so business as usual and no real change fundamentally.
Only the truly stupid ever believed the NHS would benefit to the time of £350 million or any other figure. It was designed to show how much money we waste and to invite the idea of what good we could do with that amount of money!

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
It does make a bit of sense. I know this is democracy in full action, and as a remainer, I am not got going to go against the vote, nor do I advocate a second vote.

HOWEVER, I do find it odd that the country is going to plough ahead with such a monumental action when 48% of the voting nation have said they do not want it. And yes, I would be saying the same had the vote been the other way.

At the last election, 63% of the population didn't vote Tory, but that didn't stop them taking power.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The FTSE 100 is now recovering and down only 3.67% on the day. In contrast, the DAX is down 6.7% and the CAC 40 down 8.1%! The markets seem to think this decision is much worse for Germany and France than it is for the UK.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That claim was made by the official brexit campaign, which Farage was not part of. He is commenting on a claim that he did not make. There is no evidence that it was, or will turn out to be, untrue.
So much hysteria on here today from the remainers.

Well I never heard him disassociate himself with it prior to this morning, so he was quity happy for the electorate to be duped as long as it served his own aims

There's tons of evidence, quite apart from the fact that nobody is denying it

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
From BBC Business:

Apples and pears are harvested by hand and seasonal workers are required for this. Despite enormous efforts by growers, government departments and Job Centres, it has proved impossible to recruit from the UK any more than a small proportion of the numbers necessary. In short, the British are not prepared to undertake this type of work. Consequently, almost all seasonal workers are from abroad, and at present, mainly from Eastern Europe.

Seeing as we still have 1.5 MILLION unemployed perhaps we should prod some of them into picking apples rather than sitting on their arses? ???

yes it is very difficult to recruit people who face Uk life costs to work for the wages offered in this industry. Employers have been able to by pass the local workforce because of unlimited cheap labour from Eastern Europe. We now have the chance to change this distorted labour market so that people's skills are better rewarded. A first step in reducing inequality in this country. It will be nice when we reach a stage where lower paid British people are not being accused by right wingers of laziness for not being able to compete in a capitalists dream EU economy.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh for god's sake,you lost-give up.Or should we have a referendum about having a referendum?If Dave :wave: hadn't wasted so much of our money on Project end of the world as we know it,the Brexit vote would have been a lot bigger.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Hopefully some will. The things are getting better at home, and I always hoped that at least some of my compatriots will one day come back to Good Old Polska. We need them.

In fairness, with the exchange rate changes, we've instantly become less attractive to EU migrants if they're sending any money home to their families.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
yes it is very difficult to recruit people who face Uk life costs to work for the wages offered in this industry. Employers have been able to by pass the local workforce because of unlimited cheap labour from Eastern Europe. We now have the chance to change this distorted labour market so that people's skills are better rewarded. A first step in reducing inequality in this country. It will be nice when we reach a stage where lower paid British people are not being accused by right wingers of laziness for not being able to compete in a capitalists dream EU economy.

You do know that most businesses in this industry offer the living wage or above, and all of them offer the minimum wage. The Poles aren't coming in and working for nothing! They're doing jobs that people in our country don't want to do because the benefits system has been much more appealing to them for the last 20 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here