Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This made me chuckle

[tweet]1182272847844139008[/tweet]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've been thinking about the Brexit mantra of Believe in Britain, make Britain great, trust in ourselves to do well on our own. My question would be, if you believe this and have faith in Britain to do well outside of the EU, why would you vote for a party (if you do) that:

1. Has enabled our railways to be majority owned by foreign state governments?

2. Has enabled our power suppliers to be majority owned by foreign state governments and foreign companies?

3. Sold our post office including a majority share holding of a German company both federally and state majority share holders of itself.

So I can buy the argument you want out of the EU so that Britain stands on it's own 2 feet etc. BUT, why would I vote for a party that has sold so much of our own services and infrastructure to be run, dare I say it, but countries in the EU?

Why? If Britain is great, and we should back it to be out of the EU, should we not back it to run our railways, power supply, post office, NHS etc? Why would anyone vote Tory that has put so much of our essential instruments of our economy into the hands of foreign states?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Let's wait and see how the Barnier/Barclay breakfast in Brussels goes tomorrow morning before we get all excited about a 'pathway to a deal' which ends up with Johnson holding up a piece of paper at the end of it saying 'Brexit in our time' etc.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Basically the EU saying you can have Brexit, exactly fulfilling the referendum result if you remain in a customs union. Something Parliament supported more than May's deal.

So remind me who is thwarting Brexit again?

Oooh, ooh I know this one ...

Parliament voted against May's deal

Parliament voted against a customs union option

Parliament voted against all other tabled options

Parliament voted against leaving with no deal

Most sensible people would say parliament has been instrumental in failing to deliver Brexit but numerous establishment spokespersons/team EU numpties on this thread blame leave voters instead. :facepalm: :lolol::rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been thinking about the Brexit mantra of Believe in Britain, make Britain great, trust in ourselves to do well on our own. My question would be, if you believe this and have faith in Britain to do well outside of the EU, why would you vote for a party (if you do) that:

1. Has enabled our railways to be majority owned by foreign state governments?

2. Has enabled our power suppliers to be majority owned by foreign state governments and foreign companies?

3. Sold our post office including a majority share holding of a German company both federally and state majority share holders of itself.

So I can buy the argument you want out of the EU so that Britain stands on it's own 2 feet etc. BUT, why would I vote for a party that has sold so much of our own services and infrastructure to be run, dare I say it, but countries in the EU?

Why? If Britain is great, and we should back it to be out of the EU, should we not back it to run our railways, power supply, post office, NHS etc? Why would anyone vote Tory that has put so much of our essential instruments of our economy into the hands of foreign states?
You're outta luck...

,,,,Too many words.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oooh, ooh I know this one ...

Parliament voted against May's deal

Parliament voted against a customs union option

Parliament voted against all other tabled options

Parliament voted against leaving with no deal

Most sensible people would say parliament has been instrumental in failing to deliver Brexit but numerous establishment spokespersons/team EU numpties on this thread blame leave voters instead. :facepalm: :lolol::rolleyes:

Who is blaming leave voters?

The government have come up with a single deal so far that they put to parliament. Their own MPs including much of the ERG voted against it. Parliament came up with some alternatives that the government didn't want to entertain, and again the ERG and the government voted against them because they didn't want to undermine THEIR deal by supporting ideas of Parliament.

All Parliament did is what May should have done after the 2017 General Election and started a process of seeing what type of Brexit would have majority support through Parliamentary process. She didn't and her own party voted against what she come up with.

Numpty.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Who is blaming leave voters?

The government have come up with a single deal so far that they put to parliament. Their own MPs including much of the ERG voted against it. Parliament came up with some alternatives that the government didn't want to entertain, and again the ERG and the government voted against them because they didn't want to undermine THEIR deal by supporting ideas of Parliament.

All Parliament did is what May should have done after the 2017 General Election and started a process of seeing what type of Brexit would have majority support through Parliamentary process. She didn't and her own party voted against what she come up with.

Numpty.

Plenty of the team EU regulars on here.

The government and the EU have come up with a deal, it has been rejected by parliament (by MP's on all sides) despite the EU repeatedly saying it's the only deal on offer. Parliament came up with numerous options, Bercow picked his favourites but they all failed to get a majority. The government, ERG, Labour, Lib Dems, SNP, DUP, second referendum supporters and all the other factions all voted for their favoured options for numerous partisan reasons.

They have collectively failed to deliver they are all at fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here