Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
2. Boris Johnson is many things, but "smart" isn't one usually heard..

Depends whether you consider coming up with a plan that involves magic Leprechauns performing customs checks in fantastical customs zones in mysterious non designated places is smart or delusional?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Dead right.

Every single one of the people involved in the Benn bill should hang their heads in shame, they have handed over so much power to the EU without regard to what the 17.4m voted for.
Now you have a load of remoaners off to disrupt London again.
This really is pathetic and wearing a bit thin now, blood will be spilt and it is inevitable.

There was a Climate change activist moaning this morning about how one of their lot had their finger broken by plod, terrible fecking luck shame the bones that were broken were not considerably more immense.

Not wishing ill on someone for a difference in opinion are you Mouldy? I had hopes for you.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It’s a negotiation. If one side refuses to or an agreement cannot be reached then it’s a no deal. That might be worse. For both parties. We shall see. It’s pure brinkmanship.

That’s fine. I get that bit. The problem is that everyone has been assuming they will cave in last minute when they have said “here is the deal”. Not everyone wants to negotiate. Who here negotiates when they buy something from Tesco?

They don’t want us to leave from our current deal which is much better than the others like Germany and France (not in shenghen and euro) so what they give us will obviously be worse. Sadly people were sold something better which is impossible to get. As someone wiser than me put it “the brexit we were promised is undeliverable and the brexit achievable is one no one wants”

Oh well. Matter of days now until we show our aces or the German car industry wades in.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not confused in the slightest.

I voted to Leave, and still do wish to do so. Can't see too much confusion there.

Glad to see that you take note of my posts though.

How much is too much analysis? I mean, where does one draw the line?

You could make a short list of pros and cons for each side, then check to see if any of the pros or cons were actually genuine, or just well dispersed bullshit. That would seem a reasonable amount of analysis to start with. So what did you do in the way of analysis?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You could make a short list of pros and cons for each side, then check to see if any of the pros or cons were actually genuine, or just well dispersed bullshit. That would seem a reasonable amount of analysis to start with. So what did you do in the way of analysis?

There was some poor git on a radio phone in this morning and the presenter asked him " Why did you vote leave at the time and are you still happy to leave given all we know now ? " … He was a bit elusive as to his reasons at first then came up with the fact that the European Parliament moves where it sits between Brussels and Strasbourg and that it costs a lot of money to do that..... " is that it ? " asked the presenter...…. after a bit of a silence for a few seconds he added that he didn't like free movement in Europe either... the presenter then said " Am I right in saying that you are phoning the show from abroad ? " " yes " came the reply... " I'm phoning from Portugal " ……….:facepalm: I didn't make this up !

Jan 30, 2008
Did we vote to Leave?Yes.
Should we Leave?Yes
Why?Because we had a democratic vote and we claim to be a democratic country.

I hope Remoaners are getting it finally.

A lot of reasonable one's have , sadly the dregs on here #team EU are clinging on like shit to a Blanket
Regards
DF

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Lol.You think Parliament might say leave with no deal?????????????????????????????????????

If it is a reasonable idea to do so, a decent politician should be able to convince the house to take that course of action, but as it is batshit mental, you are right, no way.
The problem with leaving no deal on the table is that if Parliament was presented with any old deal the EU is prepared to agree to, or leaving with no deal, they would choose any old deal. How is that for taking back control? If you want Parliamentary sovereignty, you have to allow them to pass a law that prevents them being coerced into making a bad decision to avoid a worse one.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No, the Benn Act explicitly states we can leave with No Deal on 31st October with Parliament's approval. I agree this is not likely, but it is nevertheless an option open if the PM can convince Parliament of the supposed merits of this plan. If he cannot then why should Parliament vote for it?

Plus the Tricky matter of getting the EU to agree with the proposals

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That’s fine. I get that bit. The problem is that everyone has been assuming they will cave in last minute when they have said “here is the deal”. Not everyone wants to negotiate. Who here negotiates when they buy something from Tesco?

They don’t want us to leave from our current deal which is much better than the others like Germany and France (not in shenghen and euro) so what they give us will obviously be worse. Sadly people were sold something better which is impossible to get. As someone wiser than me put it “the brexit we were promised is undeliverable and the brexit achievable is one no one wants”

Oh well. Matter of days now until we show our aces or the German car industry wades in.

Yep. That’s about the sum of it. When neither side can accept or intends to then it’s no deal time. Trouble is, that’s illegal on our side. Saying that the Law gets broken all the time so probably counts for nothing!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
To be fair even he wasn't expecting the depths to which Remoaners would go to.Usually we have laws passed for everyone and for years to come.Not a one off law to stop one specific thing from happening once.Too absurd.

There are plenty of Acts designed to have a one off and time specific application, the one that gave us a referendum in 2016 for instance.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Dead right.

Every single one of the people involved in the Benn bill should hang their heads in shame, they have handed over so much power to the EU without regard to what the 17.4m voted for.
Now you have a load of remoaners off to disrupt London again.
This really is pathetic and wearing a bit thin now, blood will be spilt and it is inevitable.

There was a Climate change activist moaning this morning about how one of their lot had their finger broken by plod, terrible fecking luck shame the bones that were broken were not considerably more immense.

So incredulous and upset one week at a joke with no ill will whatsoever, to making jokes about someone being severely injured through violence. Nice.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"Leave means Leave", "Are you ready for Brexit?" and now the latest in an endless stream of bollocks, "...shit to a blanket".

Makes one proud to be British/European, eh? :lol:

It's a decent simile to be fair. When you've shit the bed as many times as Pff, you know how much that stuff clings!

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, I agree, yet you keep popping up with the same old faux menacing posts.

Have you got a thing for blood?

#shakinginmymouldyboots

You've been threatening this for weeks now

View attachment 116017

I could see you and Ppf spilling a half of mild maybe, if you lost it completely :lolol:

Not wishing ill on someone for a difference in opinion are you Mouldy? I had hopes for you.

So incredulous and upset one week at a joke with no ill will whatsoever, to making jokes about someone being severely injured through violence. Nice.

Just reminding you all, as if it's not obvious that the boiling point is very very close and people will get injured and all because you can't take democracy.

The vote was leave, leftie remoaners need to let it go.

Revisit me in 10 days on this one guys, this is no threat just a vision statement, now what does that make it ......19th October.

This all could be avoided if Benn had kept out of it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here