Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
But right now, you are expecting EXACTLY that, of:

- All Remain voters
- All those who voted Leave based on the Leave campaign's promised outcome (including customs union)

You're a hypocrite.

Whatever you like.

Simply pointing out that, when A50 is withdrawn and we go back to being EU servants, the majority that voted Leave are hardly likely to shrug and go back to wherever.

I simply, less complex than your expert analysis deduced, that there will be troubled times ahead.

D

Deleted member 2719

Not even the local Spoons?

Occasionally just to top up Uncle Tims coffers.

First they came...

The poll of polls say 30% think Johnson was right. So we can safely conclude yours is not a majority view.

75% of parliament want to remain, which clearly doesn't make it right as 52% OF THE PEOPLE who voted them in want to leave. (17.4 million)

Anyway, none of the pollsters asked me!

Where is this poll ???

D

Deleted member 2719

And the Brexit Party.

Attachments

• Boris 1.png
    Boris 1.png
    534.6 KB · Views: 172

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Occasionally just to top up Uncle Tims coffers.

75% of parliament want to remain, which clearly doesn't make it right as 52% OF THE PEOPLE who voted them in want to leave. (17.4 million)

Where is this poll ???

Another mention of 17.4m with zero consideration of the 16.1m with opposing views.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

This doesn't make sense. The election was not held concurrently with the referendum, so for this to be true the following must be true;

1 - Everyone who voted in the EU referendum voted in the following General Election
2 - Absolutely nobody who voted on 23rd June 2016 died or became unavailable to vote before the 2017 General Election
3 - Nobody who became eligible after 23rd June 2016 voted in the 2017 General Election

If even one of those three is incorrect then your point is worthless.

Someone doesn't understand how polls work.

Where is this poll ???

[TWEET]1176505048936960003[/TWEET]

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Cox has come out calling for an election and not saying much else, Rees-Mogg looks miserable, front bench looks like they've given up.

No humility at all.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
And the Brexit Party.

This is the only post of yours that makes sense.
You stand by a lying, narcissistic leader who is cynically prepared to commit a criminal act to ensure he can hang on to power....
...and it says all we need to know about your political philosophy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for a more considered response after you initial curt dismissal of my comments. I wasn't expecting it – you simply asked me 'how do we prevent Boris fluffing the negotiation on purpose and our tumbling out with no deal on the 31st?' and I gave you my thoughts. You think it's nonsense that Johnson 'is trying to ensure Brexit does not happen', I say that is still a possibility. The guy lied to the Queen and is now suggesting that the most senior judges in the land are corrupt, FFS! He can be as 'committed to it' as much as he likes – doesn't mean it's going to happen.

You say that I argued that I thought 'Boris will leave with a deal'. Where did I write that? What I ACTUALLY said was that he WOULDN'T leave WITHOUT a deal. I'm not suggesting he is going to get one over the line by the end of October, I'm merely pointing out that he won't 'crash out' or leave on no deal. (I would add that you seem very sure he won't get a deal, despite the fact that he goes on about how he's working on a deal and are 'close', etc, etc. That's kinda why I don't believe a word he says.)

My 'redundant' comment goes back to your original question. You asked me 'how do we prevent Boris fluffing the negotiation on purpose and our tumbling out with no deal on the 31st?' If we've left, then I can't answer that question, can I? :shrug: Actually, to be fair I can see where you're coming from on that one – in my early morning haze it made sense... So how do we prevent him? We don't. He's a law unto himself and I don't think anyone knows where they stand with him. Today, he could resign, come out fighting or streak through the HoP – no-one knows what is going through his bizarre brain.

:lolol: It is all rather baffling and annoying, isn't it?

Listening to the attorney general earlier, one gets the impression that the inner cabal think they know exactly what they are doing, but they couldn't possibly tell us what it is (owing to confidentiality).

All the best.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And the Brexit Party.
That didn't age well.

'I stand with a man prepared to stoop so low as to invoke the name of a murdered colleague to make a point she didn't agree with'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I didn't think Johnson and his braying cronies could sink any further, but after that performance in the Commons it's clear that there's more to come. What a truly and utterly dreadful specimen; the worst of a bad bunch.

I'm lost for words, it really is the Trump tribute act now. The Tories have completely lost their moral compass.

Nicholas Soames absolutely damning of them this morning on Radio 4

Ashamed to be a Brit on days like this

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How far from the mark is this:-

Boris wants no confidence because he believes a GE will give him the majority he needs.

Parliament won't give him a GE until 'no deal' is off the table and another extension agreed.

Boris believes he can force no confidence by acting like someone for whom you have no confidence.

Parliament wont give him no confidence because the more he acts without confidence the less likely he is to win a GE.

Is that really where we are at now?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sky News were saying earlier some of the 21 Tories who lost the whip will now vote against the recess motion for the Tory Party conference next week rather than abstain because of Johnson last night.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How far from the mark is this:-

Boris wants no confidence because he believes a GE will give him the majority he needs.

Parliament won't give him a GE until 'no deal' is off the table and another extension agreed.

Boris believes he can force no confidence by acting like someone for whom you have no confidence.

Parliament wont give him no confidence because the more he acts without confidence the less likely he is to win a GE.

Is that really where we are at now?

I thought we had sunk as far as we could under May, I didn't think there were depths unplumbed until yesterday, a web of lies and deceit arrogantly rolled out without a hint of shame.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder whether Boris Johnson thinks all young mothers who are murdered are best respected and remembered by everyone doing what their murderers want?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here