Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I knew Boris would come a cropper but I didn't imagine this rapidly or this heavily. 4-0
it's really got the Brexiteers in a spin. Look how aggressive/pathetic/argumentative they are being on here. True colours

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not sure what BJ game plan is to be honest. Surely if there's an election 15 October, Labour will run a If you vote conservative you will get no deal. As well already know the public don't want this and he will lose a lot of seats.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

And Boris will just repeat what he has been saying and run a “we will get a deal out of the EU or if not we leave with no deal…..and if you vote for Corbyn you will probably end up with no Brexit”….campaign

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A number of cabinet ministers also asking for the whip to be reinstated.

Amber Rudd, Nicky Morgan and Robert Buckland very very pissed off.

I'd imagine Cummings days are numbered.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Tory snake oil salesman are seeking to get Labour to split the rebel alliance by suggesting if Boris were instruct the Tory lords to pass the no deal bill, in exchange for labour to vote in favour of a general election.

The rebel alliance need to stand firm against this very right wing neo facist group that has taken over the Conservative party this far beyond Brexit we are now fighting for the very soul of the nation.

Johnson and Cummings have undertaken a night of the long knives expelling the twenty one Tory MPs it's being reported that three candidates for each of their constiuancy seats were put forward to the local party chairperson at the same time that the MPs were informed that they had lost the whip this clearly indicates the whole thing was planned and everything that has happened since the Boris election every move has been planned we are living through dangerous times a revolution is coming

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I find it hard to believe any of this has come as a surprise to Johnson.

However, it HAS come as a surprise to Johnson …. it all seemed so simple... " Take over a moribund Conservative Party and do Brexit and claim the plaudits for being a great statesman" …. Boris has just hit reality, and it hurts, that puppy better not come to greet him at the door of No 10 tonight either...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tory snake oil salesman are seeking to get Labour to split the rebel alliance by suggesting if Boris were instruct the Tory lords to pass the no deal bill, in exchange for labour to vote in favour of a general election.

The rebel alliance need to stand firm against this very right wing neo facist group that has taken over the Conservative party this far beyond Brexit we are now fighting for the very soul of the nation.

Johnson and Cummings have undertaken a night of the long knives expelling the twenty one Tory MPs it's being reported that three candidates for each of there constiuancy seats were put forward at the same time that the MPs were informed that they had lost the whip, everything that has happened since Boris election every move has been planned we are living through dangerous times a revolution is coming

To be fair though the party politics of getting only one voice for the Tories is no different to what has happened to Labour under Corbyn. The two parties are splitting towards the outer reaches of each beliefs. That should leave the middle ground for a moderate party (not the Libs)

A horrible time for most normal people.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I knew Boris would come a cropper but I didn't imagine this rapidly or this heavily. 4-0
it's really got the Brexiteers in a spin. Look how aggressive/pathetic/argumentative they are being on here. True colours

In a way I’m just sitting back and enjoying things. I despise Boris and looking forward to him becoming the shortest reigning PM in modern times and perhaps the final detonation of both Tory and Labour parties. Trouble is, nobody especially promising to replace them. LDs under Jo whats her face seem plausible but been a century or more since they last ruled and something seismic would need to take place for them to win a majority. Nah, think the age of even slim majorities seems over. Coalitions it is, which doesn’t bode well for this country given, well, Brexit has been full of compromise hasn’t it? A shining example of skilled negotiation eh?!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
EDo84uWXkAAbiGn

"I am our course happy to discuss this..." ???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In a way I’m just sitting back and enjoying things. I despise Boris and looking forward to him becoming the shortest reigning PM in modern times and perhaps the final detonation of both Tory and Labour parties. Trouble is, nobody especially promising to replace them. LDs under Jo whats her face seem plausible but been a century or more since they last ruled and something seismic would need to take place for them to win a majority. Nah, think the age of even slim majorities seems over. Coalitions it is, which doesn’t bode well for this country given, well, Brexit has been full of compromise hasn’t it? A shining example of skilled negotiation eh?!!

The detonation of Labour and Tories could be on the cards as both have equally deluded leaders.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A number of cabinet ministers also asking for the whip to be reinstated.

Amber Rudd, Nicky Morgan and Robert Buckland very very pissed off.

I'd imagine Cummings days are numbered.

With no General Election on the cards, Boris has merely reduced his majority even further by de-selecting the Tory rebels. If they have been de-selected and have lost the Tory whip they will have no inclination to support the government on ANY vote. I think they are within their rights to remain as an MP and trouser their wages and pension contributions until such time as there is a GE or they resign the seat, triggering a by-election. So, Boris has merely alienated and turned 28 MP's in to opposition MP's at a stroke.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
To be fair though the party politics of getting only one voice for the Tories is no different to what has happened to Labour under Corbyn. The two parties are splitting towards the outer reaches of each beliefs. That should leave the middle ground for a moderate party (not the Libs)

A horrible time for most normal people.

That is the story constantly being spun where the reality is labour may have said deselection can be undertaken at local party branch level and in a few instances this has happened but nothing like the expulsions undertaken by the Tories.

It is indeed a horrible time and I really do fear civil unrest will be the outcome

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Coalitions it is, which doesn’t bode well for this country given, well, Brexit has been full of compromise hasn’t it? A shining example of skilled negotiation eh?!!

There are those who say (and I'm one of them) that the main problem with the Brexit negotiations is that there hasn't been any coalition or compromise. It's been the Tory party alone and, what's more, the Tory party following a very narrow definition of Brexit.

I said years ago, on this thread, that Brexit should have been a cross-party effort as it would make it easier to get a deal through the house. A joint Tory/Labour Brexit would have passed months ago.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure what BJ game plan is to be honest. Surely if there's an election 15 October, Labour will run a If you vote conservative you will get no deal. As well already know the public don't want this and he will lose a lot of seats.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The point is there is no guarantee of an election on the 15th October even if the vote of no confidence had achieved the required percentage of the vote.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I greatly dislike Boris, and I have never voted tory and never would. But I am wondering whether Boris might have a vision.....bear with me

Boris’ vision is of himself as PM indefinitely!

However, there is some credence in you suspicion that Boris is in control. But is a true turd of a man and a poor strategist to boot who could not come up with something remotely that cunning!

Who had the vision then?

That organic writhing mess of Evil genius Cummings may we’ll have war-gamed all this with the No-Deal Brexit Plan proceeding EXACTLY as he’d planned tonight.

Troubling times.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"In 1930 Germany was a liberal democracy. Four years later, it was a brutal dictatorship"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00084tb/rise-of-the-nazis-series-1-1-politics

Interesting the BBC have chosen to air this presently.

Not really interesting as to why its being shown now, not relevant to anything happening presently anyway.
If anyone is bonkers enough to think its happening now or just on the horizon that free and fair competitive elections will stop, free speech will be in the dustbin, most political opponents will be jailed, concentration camps will be built and undesirables will be disappearing in the night, then they probably need a straight jacket and a box of mattress protectors.
Probably interesting programme though, glad I set the series to record.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
300 years was the estimate given by that Japanese Nikkei analyst today.

A while = 300 years.

OK, I tried to be fair.

So it's....**** Boris and his mentalist lust for Brexit. **** him and his robot army of weasels, and his lary advisor who treats him like the bitch that he is. **** him and his ludicrous scapegoating of everyone from May to Corbyn, the media, Sebastian Coe and even my dead ancestors. What a foul foetid shitwinkle. May his own gall bladder rise up and suffocate him in a torrent of his own bile. The ****.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boris’ vision is of himself as PM indefinitely!

However, there is some credence in you suspicion that Boris is in control. But is a true turd of a man and a poor strategist to boot who could not come up with something remotely that cunning!

Who had the vision then?

That organic writhing mess of Evil genius Cummings may we’ll have war-gamed all this with the No-Deal Brexit Plan proceeding EXACTLY as he’d planned tonight.

Troubling times.

Cummings is an alcoholic nihilist.

I prefer this Cummings. The legendary Jim Cummings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6V7-MXjlWY

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That is the story constantly being spun where the reality is labour may have said deselection can be undertaken at local party branch level and in a few instances this has happened but nothing like the expulsions undertaken by the Tories.

It is indeed a horrible time and I really do fear civil unrest will be the outcome

Putting Europe to one side for the moment, I would suggest there's far more division in Labour than Tories. They may no longer be in the Tories but can you see any of them going against normal Tory led policies. They will not but within Labour you tend to find more conscientious voting (maybe wrong nonetheless) and therefore more likely to go against the cabinet.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The detonation of Labour and Tories could be on the cards as both have equally deluded leaders.

They’ve been internally split into different factions for a while, as have the electorate voting for each, so it seems a matter of when rather than if 2 become 4, 5 or even 6 different entities. Hard to see how they can survive Brexit in current forms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here