Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"They just can't see it".

Yeah Ok.

You didn't "dumb it down to make it easier". You just made it dumb.

There's good reason you turn to an analogy like that. Because there are actually no intellegent arguments you can make to change the situation. Yes there is lot's of worry about how things will shape up when we leave. & much of that concern is fully justified. But we had a refurrendum and decided, together, by way of a democratic vote, to leave the EU. So that is what we are going to do.

You would do better to spend less time thinking up meaningless Disney analogies (and accusing people who don't agree with you of being thick), and more time coming to terms with where we are, and then, getting over it.

Your previous post suggested you still think we will have extra money for Public services, because we won't be sending any contributions to the EU.
The intelligent arguments have been presented and ignored, if you would like to have one, I am up for it, but I challenge you to start it off with a rational and intelligent post on the benefits of Brexit.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Ouch .... biting :lol: If you're this angry now what are you going to be like on the 1st November ??? Not too long for us to find out :lol:

I once characterised the annoying traits of Leavers as 'angry' and Remainers as 'superior and a bit smug'. It could be that these will be switched if we get to 31st Oct with no deal. I really think for Leavers it could well turn out to be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'. I can't see anything other than a shit show. We did used to occasionally get Leavers giving us some positives (not often, I grant you) but even they can't dredge up anything substantive of benefit to the 'ordinary people' that so many of them cited - just that it won't be as bad as some of us think. This is thin gruel. But we might as well get used to it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm rapidly beginning to think you are wrong on that count.

Well you thought I was wrong the last 2 times and it seems I was absolutely correct.

But maybe you haven't been taken for a mug this time and it will REALLY REALLY happen. We shall see :wink:

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Your previous post suggested you still think we will have extra money for Public services, because we won't be sending any contributions to the EU.
The intelligent arguments have been presented and ignored, if you would like to have one, I am up for it, but I challenge you to start it off with a rational and intelligent post on the benefits of Brexit.

You aren't really up for a reasonable and intelligent discussion, because you "challenge [me] to start it off with a rational and intelligent post on the benefits of Brexit".

If you were really up for a reasonable and intelligent discussion, the fist thing you would do is acknowledge that there are benefits of Brexit, just like I acknowledge that there are risks and challenges also.

Your post seems to imply that there aren't any benefits, or you can't see any. That is as unreasonable as me saying there are no risks or challenges, or that I can't see any.

Not the opening salvo for a reasonable level headed discussion is it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
EU is clearly not going to budge. They've played it with a straight bat throughout.

Boris's political career is equally clearly going to crash and burn earlydoors. Not that Boris gives a shit. Boris gets to tick 'Be Prime Minister' off his Eton bucket list. Pathetic beyond words.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know I know but some Brexiters still can't see how bad things are. So I thought I would dumb it down to make it easier...

My Brexit analogy is 'Alireza Jahanbaksh'.

All the available evidence suggests that he / it is a pointless waste of money, yet still a significant % of people are convinced that he / it will be GREAT if we all just get behind him / it, and show a bit of belief.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Boris Johnson can do whatever he likes IMO. I'd like Cummings to have to explain his views and why he thinks No Deal cliff edge is the right thing to do for the country, being that he is clearly running the show.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I tiold you before, if it happens in am leaving, Britain is dead. It will just be an island full of Nazi ***** like you.

And yet you'd left to live elsewhere in the EU before , according to you, but still came back once we'd voted to leave. I called bullshit then and I call bullshit now that you will leave. I'm a Nazi now am I ? Keep digging my simpleton Plooky, keep digging - you might get to Australia which would save you having to pay to leave. And of course ironically, if you do carry out your promise you'd become ..... a leaver :lol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You aren't really up for a reasonable and intelligent discussion, because you "challenge [me] to start it off with a rational and intelligent post on the benefits of Brexit".

If you were really up for a reasonable and intelligent discussion, the fist thing you would do is acknowledge that there are benefits of Brexit, just like I acknowledge that there are risks and challenges also.

Your post seems to imply that there aren't any benefits, or you can't see any. That is as unreasonable as me saying there are no risks or challenges, or that I can't see any.

Not the opening salvo for a reasonable level headed discussion is it.

I will acknowledge any benefits that you can present and I can't refute. But you choose not to present any, or maybe you just can't?

Jan 30, 2008
I'm looking forward to your next whinge about how the feral dickheads clad in Stone Island - your wànkbank material - are being marginalised and how it's just not fair.

You post that tedious bullshit around once a month. Where has that got you?

Well it looks like its got you frothing at the mouth , no change there though it's a shame you haven't come to terms with the fact that

we're leaving Oh well I did tell you some time ago that no deal was the way out of the EU
regards
DR

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I will acknowledge any benefits that you can present and I can't refute. But you choose not to present any, or maybe you just can't?

I'm happy to debate this subject with anyone who comes across as reasonable, fair minded & sincere.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
EU is clearly not going to budge. They've played it with a straight bat throughout.

Boris's political career is equally clearly going to crash and burn earlydoors. Not that Boris gives a shit. Boris gets to tick 'Be Prime Minister' off his Eton bucket list. Pathetic beyond words.

... beyond words? ... I think you're being a little hard on yourself!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm happy to debate this subject with anyone who comes across as reasonable, fair minded & sincere.

Is that why you didn't answer my question on education funding?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I asked you this the other day and got no response. Lets try again:

If The UK Government negotiated a Withdrawal Agreement in good faith based on each others red lines set down at the start, including the formulation of the backstop as per EU red lines that really didn't give them much wriggle room, and The UK and EU reached an agreement for The Withdrawal only for it to all fall down because the European Parliament wouldn't vote for it for 3 times, what would you have liked The UK Government to have done? Bearing in mind this is just The Withdrawal Agreement, would you trust them in the future now they've reneged on this? What about the UK Government's red lines? Would you like The UK to cut them the slack they need and have open borders, say at the channel ports? Lets say some arrogant, eccentric oddballs in the European Parliament, rather than The Westminster one, (educated at elite Swiss finishing schools rather than English Public ones) started talking vaguely about technological solutions without any details other than vague waffle? Would you think it sounds plausible? How do you think The EU rejecting it 3 times, having agreed it, would reflect on them globally? What do you think it does to their reputation? Would it make it look good? Lets say The EU Parliament is really bitterly divided on this too, like The EU as a whole is - what would you like The UK to do faced with all that?

Bit rich .. Where was the direct answer to my question 'Would you think it acceptable to for the UK ignore the European parliament - take the deal or no deal?' Yes or no.

Both parties negotiate in good faith knowing any deal reached needs ratification in the respective parliaments.

If the EU parliament had voted down the agreement but showed they would back it if there was movement on one issue I would expect the UK government to reconsider their position ... especially knowing UK intransigence would make the very outcome we were trying to avoid more likely/ inevitable.

As for 'reneged on' ...It may come as a surprise to you but negotiated treaties occasionally hit democratic roadblocks, be they in parliaments or via referendums. Canada spent six years negotiating a trade deal with the EU in good faith only to see it blocked by the Walloons. This was overcome. The EU constitution was agreed by 25 countries in good faith then rejected in two referendums. This was overcome by circumventing the democratic voice of EU citizens. The EU moves when it needs to. Negotiating with a government that triggered article 50 without an agreed plan, which was dominated by remainers many who thought negotiating was all about damage limitation, with an uncertain majority, in a remain MP dominated parliament it's hardly surprising the EU haven't moved. The new Brexiteer PM /government seem to be giving them (especially the Irish) more to think about though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here