Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My only contribution to this thread for months - Feck Brexit!

Going on and on and on and on, just like the totally pointless ongoing arguments from remainers and leavers.

Everyone seems to be entrenched in their views, nobody is going to convince them to change their minds but carry on trying :down:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

People like you and him complain that the EU won't let us have what we want, when what we want is an open border with the EU in a specific place, despite wanting to leave so we can have a closed border with the EU everywhere else. Maybe they could be a bit more helpful in finding a solution, but after being told they need us more than we need them, what would your stance be?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why would it be far right, has she said anything wrong ?
Regards
DR

The AfD is a known right wing German party. But then, a learned person such as yourself would know that, right? ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Aww JC Footy Genius. Bless you. You okay hun?

What's the matter, does it not fit your agenda that a now remainer was once a brexiter and has the audacity to hold his hands up and admit he was lied to, and that he made a mistake. Cute.

You've obviously done some digging on me as a poster on this forum. Congratulations on that , well done for doing some actual research. I mean it's a shame you've applied yourself in an attempt to catch me out rather than to establish some legitimate facts about leaving, but still, I appreciate your efforts and aptitude to try and gain some facts. Bravo.

However let me fill in some gaps for you. I joined this forum around the time my beloved Boro, Burnley and yourselves were in a promotion race.

Despite our promotion, I kind of liked you guys , you all (most of you) are really decent posters, and I like your board. so I decided to stick around.

It won't therefore surpise you then to learn, this isn't my primary board. You see, I'm a regular poster on FMTTM and my username is "mikeyyyy". Yes with 4 y's . Not really a particularly thoughtful username you know but I had a lot on that day 10 years ago with all the drinking and uni. You know how it is.

But having a primary board means my outspokeness in favour of brexit can really only be seen on there.

Let's take a look shall we?

20 Feb 2016. I posted a very expletive post about my distaste for anti-brexit stances. see here:

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4761412

July 2016. I open a thread in favour of brexit and take the opinion that jobs moving or being lost is a pack of lies. see here

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4938203

June 2016. I hit back at someone who said funding to certain areas will be cut as this was funded by the EU. See here.

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4927169

As you can see. I was very very pro leave. And actually, looking back at these posts, I'm evidently quite angry. It's wonderful the effect right wing media can have on your emotions. I was about as dismissive as you are now actually.

Now JC. This bits just for you, because you're very dismissive and I can practically smell the spit on your keyboard as you rage type "you aren't mikeyyyy from FMTTM, blah blah blah". So as proof. See here:(don't forget to ctrl+f "JC Footy Genius")

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=5981591

Having to prove myself to dismissive fwits like you is a chore. But needs must.

Me and my thumb chums are just fine. though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm fine sweetie, you must admit your supposed journey away from the dark side, reads like textbook copy from remainiac central, poor gullible youth, hoodwinked by that nasty Daily Mail now reborn, fully repentant, seen the light and now a committed remainer.

Thanks for spending all that time finding the links, interesting reading. I note the writing style has changed almost as much the opinions and you seem to have written more about Brexit on here in 24 hours than your entire home board back catalogue. Out of interest, have you outed yourself as a born again remainer on your home board?

Enjoy proselytizing on this forum you will be amongst mainly like minded folk, I am sure you will be most welcome.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I'm fine sweetie, you must admit your supposed journey away from the dark side, reads like textbook copy from remainiac central, poor gullible youth, hoodwinked by that nasty Daily Mail now reborn, fully repentant, seen the light and now a committed remainer.

Thanks for spending all that time finding the links, interesting reading. I note the writing style has changed almost as much the opinions and you seem to have written more about Brexit on here in 24 hours than your entire home board back catalogue. Out of interest, have you outed yourself as a born again remainer on your home board?

Enjoy proselytizing on this forum you will be amongst mainly like minded folk, I am sure you will be most welcome.

Yes I have outed myself as a born again remainer on my home board.

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=5943469

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Now I appreciate that you were 'somewhat tied up' by theonlymikey last night :lolol:

But you seemed to completely forget (or ignore) my question about how you would get the EU to accept a situation where they would be left trying to run a single market with no borders ?

I think that your last day of posts on this thread simply confirms that, rather like your leader Johnson, you may be better steering away from detail and sticking to vacuous optimism. (You know, undemocratic loons type thing) :thumbsup:

This thread now seems to attract remainiacs (converted or otherwise) from other clubs, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Only adjusting what has already been agreed. I suggested making the backstop temporary adding the ability to withdraw with x amount of notice (unlikely to ever be triggered) as I believe it would break the deadlock so we could officially leave and move to the future trade relationship negotiations. There's an awful lot of bluff and intransigence at the moment once we are officially out it should all calm down and the time pressure will reduce. The more comprehensive the trade deal the fewer problems at the borders and less need for new technological solutions.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I thought everything was meant to be the same under the EU. Just been to an Italian doctors with my wife, charged €20 to step through the door. We got off lightly as its usually €50. No wonder our NHS goes short in some areas.

The EHIC card entitles you to the same services as an Italian who has Italian State medical insurance. An Italian visiting England using an EHIC card would get a free appointment but pay for any prescription, in Scotland they would get a free prescription too. The NHS would bill the home country of the card holder for the costs of treating their resident, using the EHIC number on the card as verification.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The EHIC card entitles you to the same services as an Italian who has Italian State medical insurance. An Italian visiting England using an EHIC card would get a free appointment but pay for any prescription, in Scotland they would get a free prescription too. The NHS would bill the home country of the card holder for the costs of treating their resident, using the EHIC number on the card as verification.

That's a brilliant system. If only UK was in a club of nations that got together and came up with schemes like that for the benefit of the people...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I agree some of the left on here are so blind to everything apart from the BBC and The guardian.

I feel for their narrow vision, as they must be bumping into people and tripping up all day long.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: You could not have responded to anyone more blinkered.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My only contribution to this thread for months - Feck Brexit!

Going on and on and on and on, just like the totally pointless ongoing arguments from remainers and leavers.

Everyone seems to be entrenched in their views, nobody is going to convince them to change their minds but carry on trying :down:

Maybe this thread is not responsible, but if you read a few of the recent posts you will see there is one person posting that has reversed their opinion on the best course for the UK.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The full 6 months with no sanctions? Impressive. You were obviously working beforehand then, so just of interest what tax bands were you in beforehand and now, because how did you manage to survive being on JSA for 6 months with no housing benefit, unless you owned property and had some decent savings and/or a spouse working? In one of the friendly discussions you and your good friend Plooks like to have, I thought you said you were in the Higher or Top rate? The reason I'm asking, is the point I was making earlier on benefit claimants doesn't seem to apply to you, because you don't seem to strike me as a normal one.

Yes, I worked beforehand and was in the 40% tax bracket as I was when I returned to work after 8 months. A working partner helped obviously but there were still things that went unpaid until I was back in work. We couldn't have carried on at that level of income much longer. When I voted leave I had no idea if or when I would get work so while not fitting your example exactly I did vote to make myself worse off when I couldn't really afford it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Did you vote Leave thinking you would be worse off by doing so though?

Given it was obvious that by leaving the SM and the CU the economy would take a hit, yes knew that would trickle downwards and probably make me worse off.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Classless as ever, make a mocking accusation, have some evidence provided pretty swiftly that you were barking up the wrong tree, and then respond with hints that the posts may not all be the same poster.
You have not got the balls to even admit a clear error, yet alone apologise for it, and it's typical of the entrenched Leaver, the ones that telling us we need to believe in Britain more, when you keep demonstrating how spineless Britons can be.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes, I worked beforehand and was in the 40% tax bracket as I was when I returned to work after 8 months. A working partner helped obviously but there were still things that went unpaid until I was back in work. We couldn't have carried on at that level of income much longer. When I voted leave I had no idea if or when I would get work so while not fitting your example exactly I did vote to make myself worse off when I couldn't really afford it.

You weren't on benefits for years though, or the 3rd or 4th generation of a family that have been on benefits for years, particularly in the post 2010 austerity era, and faced cuts to your benefits and endured the legacy of the housing benefit cap and the attitude of landlords to Universal Credit payments, or a single Mother or long term disabled person who struggles to feed, heat etc them or their family and voted leave to make things worse for yourself on top of all that - That £350m a week slogan wasn't aimed at property owners in the 40% tax bracket like you - you would have voted leave anyway and you've always been a Brexit at any cost leave voter too, by your own admittance.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Classless as ever, make a mocking accusation, have some evidence provided pretty swiftly that you were barking up the wrong tree, and then respond with hints that the posts may not all be the same poster.
You have not got the balls to even admit a clear error, yet alone apologise for it, and it's typical of the entrenched Leaver, the ones that telling us we need to believe in Britain more, when you keep demonstrating how spineless Britons can be.

How dare you. I 'm widely regarded as the Man City of this thread, occasionally a Palace (or Middlesborough) will come along and get a lucky win but generally, it's all one-way traffic. But I have noticed a few remainers getting far more gobby and abusive recently so a gentle reminder ...try not to take this sh*tshow of a thread or yourselves quite so seriously.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
How dare you. I 'm widely regarded as the Man City of this thread, occasionally a Palace (or Middlesborough) will come along and get a lucky win but generally, it's all one-way traffic. But I have noticed a few remainers getting far more gobby and abusive recently so a gentle reminder ...try not to take this sh*tshow of a thread or yourselves quite so seriously.

I've got you down more as Colonel Turner at the end of 'Where Eagles Dare'. The difference being from the film, when he realises he's been utterly naive and clueless all along, everything has now gone wrong, he's facing Major Smith and Lieutenant Schaffer with a semi automatic machine gun with no firing pin, because Admiral Rolland was smarter than him and he didn't know it, you haven't quite got the intellect to realise everything has gone utterly wrong, nor the honesty to admit it, so you just can't bring yourself to politely thank Major Smith and quietly step out the plane - you're going to carry on regardless with them back to London and feel the pain of the noose after the long drop of the hangman's rope and are perfectly happy with the preceding trial and embarrassment not just for Admiral Rolland, MI6 and British intelligence - but yourself.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't know how some of them get out of bed in the mornings. Negative, negative, negative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here