[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I said, your comments are considered and never dip to the level of personal insults in spite of the venomous invective aimed at you.

It's strange for someone who is so convinced they're on the right side of history, they need to attack my loyalty, integrity, faith, intellect, and lifestyle.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It's strange for someone who is so convinced they're on the right side of history, they need to attack my loyalty, integrity, faith, intellect, and lifestyle.

Sense of humour shortfall there; incandescent rage can't be good for his/her health and certainly doesn't strengthen his/her argument.

You're right.... 'When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.'

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I know I really shouldn't be, but even I am surprised by how low some posters sink when they start getting really desperate.

Don't forget, as I read somewhere 'When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are' :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Take your own advice

You have not been attacked. Your post was attacked, not you. Don't play the victim.

You're right.... 'When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.'

Don't forget, as I read somewhere 'When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are' :thumbsup:

In full
"Never respond to rudeness. When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are. Don’t take it personally be silent"

If you think someone is being rude to you.......be silent........or in other words shut up.

You have not been charged for this information

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I missed the bit where Bill Cash said referendum outcomes may not be respected if you dont agree with the decision they give......care to share.

You also missed the bit where Bill Cash (and his 50 mates) got himself elected on Conservative pro-EU membership manifestos and then devoted most of his spare time attempting to unravel a key element of those manifestos.

As I said, I am not criticising him for this. It is the dual-standard hypocrites that worry me. I would prefer one Bill Cash (or Dominic Grieve) to one hundred slippery Jeremy Hunts. (That's the Jeremy Hunt who said "if there's another referendum then we can say goodbye to Brexit" while repeatedly claiming to be a democrat.)

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Take your own advice

In full
"Never respond to rudeness. When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are. Don’t take it personally be silent"

If you think someone is being rude to you.......be silent........or in other words shut up.

You have not been charged for this information

Your charmless, humourless and pointless little observation is noted

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
She is very clear then, if there was another vote to leave she still would NOT vote in parliament after another referendum to accept the decision which that democratic vote gave.
Which is utterly perfect, if the politicians are openly going now going to say they will refuse to accept the outcome given by another referendum if they don’t like the answer given,(she will accept the decision given if its Remain)……then its pointless talking about or holding another democratic vote.

The undemocratic loons on here will not doubt be jumping to her defence. Some of them might even say they interpreted Farage as saying the same thing so its ok for her to say it because Farage said it too.

Ps. Why did they pick someone that looks like Rose West?

From this

View attachment 113318

To this

View attachment 113319

It takes a very special kind of arrogance and contempt for the long-held UK democratic norm of respecting and enacting democratic results even if we vehemently disagree with the result. I never thought I would see the day when an established UK political party would think breaking this central pillar of democracy was acceptable and to brazenly say they would do it again, before the next democratic vote too .... a vote they are insisting we have FFS!

What has been even more surprising is the number of people willing to collaborate and defend their shameful undemocratic behaviour. As you say, the 'but Nige (someone they loathe) would do it' line is the sort of argument you would hear in a playground. Also ironic to see people who like to throw around the moron/stupid insult, conflating continuing to campaign for your cause after an election has been enacted, which as we know is entirely legitimate and proper, with trying to block the result of a democratic event that you have asked for just because you didn't get your way.

Same old lib Dems a party of **** ....

_39465924_eastbourne203.jpg

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Voting is the democratic process, that's why the 650 MP's (less the speakers and Sinn Fien MP's) have been voting to try and resolve this issue for 2-3 years now, it is our democratic process.

Parliament is split about the same as the country on Remain and Leave. Democratic voting is the only way to get it resolved and with a WORKING (DUP) majority of 2, the new PM may well need a national vote to try and break the impasse, however all the polls show it will return similar numbers. The polls and research even show splits on the way to resolve the issue.

Remain 54%, Leave 46%.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/WUKT-EU_Feb-19-Analysis-Paper_FINAL.pdf

This is getting tiresome. We've already HAD a democratic vote. Result was leave.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is getting tiresome. We've already HAD a democratic vote. Result was leave.

The UK is now on it’s 3rd prime minister since the referendum. How much longer do we have to wait for you and your utterly useless friends to deliver it?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The UK is now on it’s 3rd prime minister since the referendum. How much longer do we have to wait for you and your utterly useless friends to deliver it?

It's being thwarted by your utterly undemocratic, totally ignore the referendum,nose in the trough friends. Let's face it May was always going to get a crap deal being she wanted to remain.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
It takes a very special kind of arrogance and contempt for the long-held UK democratic norm of respecting and enacting democratic results even if we vehemently disagree with the result. I never thought I would see the day when an established UK political party would think breaking this central pillar of democracy was acceptable and to brazenly say they would do it again, before the next democratic vote too .... a vote they are insisting we have FFS!

What has been even more surprising is the number of people willing to collaborate and defend their shameful undemocratic behaviour. As you say, the 'but Nige (someone they loathe) would do it' line is the sort of argument you would hear in a playground. Also ironic to see people who like to throw around the moron/stupid insult, conflating continuing to campaign for your cause after an election has been enacted, which as we know is entirely legitimate and proper, with trying to block the result of a democratic event that you have asked for just because you didn't get your way.

Same old lib Dems a party of **** ....

_39465924_eastbourne203.jpg

You go on and on about UK democracy, but constantly show that you don't understand how the democracy of the UK works.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There wasn't a version, you old Grizzlers tried to invent one, LEAVE MEANS LEAVE deal or no deal
Regards
DR

So you agree there isn’t a democratic mandate for how we leave the EU?

Glad to hear you support a 2nd referendum. :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Which version of Leave do we have a democratic mandate for? We know that No Deal wasn’t an option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports