Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A 50/50, although the MP is an outer.
True story this afternoon. I was talking to a radiographer while a patient was having an MRI scan about the vote. We were both IN. At the same time a Polish lady was cleaning the floor. Suddenly she interrupted us in heavily accented English and said " Germans are shit. Britain better out. Go Brexit, go".
We were stunned. Just goes to show that the reasons why people want to leave are varied and obscure. A Polish immigrant who wanted us to leave the EU because she hates the Germans.

I can trump you, my friend.

The final YouGov on the day poll has declared the 7% of UKIP supporters voted 'Remain'

:ffsparr: #YouOnlyHadOneJob

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Oh, how I love thinking back to the exit poll at 10pm on that wonderful day. You went very quiet for a while. I can only assume you lost your internet connection around that time.

In the same way that normal blokes think back to beautiful woman they have shagged in the past and have a crafty tug, what on earth are you going to fantasise about when the slime ball is chucked out no matter what the result tonight your heroes will be going to war with each other.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

i like oliver,but that was a bit crap for his standards.If he had gone into more depth i think the laughter might have subsided.There again he is only pandering to his core audience.
Ive got a couple of Americans staying with me who have tried to follow the debate.
They thought the idea of laws being made in Brussels and our own court not being supreme was batcrap crazy,If someone proposed the same model in the USA they would be run out of town.
Just saying like

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In the same way that normal blokes think back to beautiful woman they have shagged in the past and have a crafty tug, what on earth are you going to fantasise about when the slime ball is chucked out no matter what the result tonight your heroes will be going to war with each other.

Unfortunately with no results reported yet it would seem that the Tories are already back to pretending they like each other. 84 of Cameron's enemies apparently backing him.

It could lead some to think that the whole business has been a massive smokescreen, concentrating debate on the EU when we should have been talking about the dog's breakfast they are making of running the country. Is it the EU that has dismantled most of the safety net for disabled people? Is it the EU that are trying to give our schools to private organisations? Is it the EU that has underfunded the NHS and caused doctor's strikes, or wants to privatise the BBC, or is failing to build social housing whilst raiding the current stock for what is bound to result in another benefit for private investors? If your concern is immigration, is it the EU that has not put controls in place on non-EU immigration?

Whilst all this is happening we have had three months of the media being full of right wing people arguing with slightly more right wing people about an issue that wasn't very high on most people's agenda at the last election. Meanwhile Labour's supposedly radical leadership hides in the corner and pretends that its nothing to do with them, terrified of being blamed like they were after the Scottish bunfight.

That's it. I'm having a Scotch.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gibraltar 96% Remain. Who'd have thought it?!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I was just about to go to bed but getting interesting, Newcastle expected to be closer than expected for remain and Sunderland stronger than expected to leave

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here