Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Given that the Exit polls and so on were predicting it pretty close after the last general Election, despite getting it all over the place beforehand, I just wonder whether we might have some decent idea with the 10 o'clock news.

Although it could be "too close to call".

-- there is only one exit poll after GEs; exit polls are distinct from standard polling, the former asks "who did you vote for", the latter asks "who will you vote for"
-- it was the standard polls that were badly wrong at the last GE, although note that they're not polling in constituencies (Lord Ashcroft has recently introduced this); the exit poll was spot-on, as it was at the 2010 GE
-- there are no exit polls for the referendum; with GEs you have the previous result(s) to factor in so you focus your polling to marginals, this doesn't apply to referenda

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
We're not, and if you say that again I am coming to find you and pull your pants so far up your arse you will talk like Joe pasquale. You bloody remainers make me sick. Bloody morons. I am so angry and aggressive right now.

Yeah, you've got a point, we are[emoji4]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I've just opened a bottle of champagne. No idea why. Very mellow though, not angry at all.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We're not, and if you say that again I am coming to find you and pull your pants so far up your arse you will talk like Joe pasquale. You bloody remainers make me sick. Bloody morons. I am so angry and aggressive right now.

Yeah, you've got a point, we are[emoji4]

Best you put a wink at the end

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not the same level of first-past-the-post drama as a General Election by a long shot, unless you've got money riding on how many percentage points the Remain side win by.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It won't be done by 7am.

It will take MI5 a while to rub out all the Leave pencil crosses.

#usepens
#pencilgate

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
up at 5am so no late night for me and I know the result (remain) I have voted (leave)..

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Would love to stay up with an eight-pack of Stella Artois cidre and a couple of grams of charlie but those days are long gone. Thank God. I'm expecting to wake up to bad news with us remaining in the EU.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Why are Brexiters generally angrier and more aggressive over this? Very strange
I've already said I'll accept the result. As for being angry,I'll be disappointed but not angry. I'll move on the world will keep spinning. Yes I think we should leave but, if as it looks we stay in then so be it.
By this time tomorrow I would be over it.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Would love to stay up with an eight-pack of Stella Artois cidre and a couple of grams of charlie but those days are long gone. Thank God. I'm expecting to wake up to bad news with us remaining in the EU.

Sterling still steady on NYSE. Ladbrokes barometer has moved back towards Remain in the past hour or so (now 83/17 in favour of Remain). Not sure what's behind these movements....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Will BREXIT Spell Economic Disaster? Cameron and Osbourne have prophesied an economic doomsday if Britain leaves the EU tomorrow. Are they credible? Or are they just trying to frighten us into voting for their agenda to preserve their political careers? Are all the politicians who were wrong about the Euro finally right this time when they tell us the sky will fall when we leave the EU? Or do these powerful vested interests see the EU as protecting the market share of big business against competition from smaller players that they fear will flourish once Britain starts axing onerous regulations that make expansion prohibitive for small businesses? In this video the highly influential leading economist, Professor Patrick Minford, is quite happy to put his reputation on the line when he confidently asserts that leaving the EU will make Wales far better off economically.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've already said I'll accept the result. As for being angry,I'll be disappointed but not angry. I'll move on the world will keep spinning. Yes I think we should leave but, if as it looks we stay in then so be it.

Me too......mind you if this vote was a few hundred years ago we would have run them (remain) into the English channel by now :lolol:

As long as you are fit for the March to Downing St on Saturday. We March to Buckingham Palace. Ask the Queen and the guards if her majesty and her armed forces are ready to take back control. Then we steam on to Downing Street, Grab Cameron and take him to parliament to renounce his leadership.
Long live Britain[emoji12] [emoji3]

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Big turn out. I predict Brexit to record 46% of the votes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
All a bit late as far the referendum goes, but would any of you financial types on here care to give an opinion on this long term prediction?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Polls have it even across many returns so far... why do you say it is a certain Remain.?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
The definitive EU Referendum thread (please keep it all here)

bcf8ff96a8f0481533346ab3a63fd816.jpg

Panic on the leave side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
No exit polls this time, mind.
No... not officially... but a lot of hedge funds have been financing their own polls at the polling stations... we could get some indicators from them if published...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here