Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I couldn't give a fig about the people you mention. The quoted text was untrue. I prefer the truth. But this thread should be consigned to the bin, people are very tetchy. Good luck to you whether you support Brexit, Remain or whatever. Let's just hope our country somehow emerges from this dreadful mess that Cameron and May have left us in.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I couldn't give a fig about the people you mention. The quoted text was untrue. I prefer the truth. But this thread should be consigned to the bin, people are very tetchy. Good luck to you whether you support Brexit, Remain or whatever. Let's just hope our country somehow emerges from this dreadful mess that Cameron and May have left us in.

I agree that Cameron, in his feeble attempt to paper over the cracks in his party, takes a major responsibility for the total f*** up we now find ourselves in.

But what did May do, other than try to deliver to parliament, the deal that she thought the result of the referendum wanted :shrug:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I read that in The Times as well. I had heard of him, but only as Charles Moore's Father as I knew he lived in the village of Whatlington near Battle on The A21 north of Hastings for many years and frequented The Royal Oak pub there. I didn't know he'd passed away until I read the obituary this morning too and I had no idea he was in The Lib Dems either. I think Charles Moore actually has a place a bit further north in The Etchingham area, for what it's worth.

I found The Bexhill and Battle Lib Dems obituary for him too which may interest you - https://bexhillandbattlelibdems.org.uk/en/article/2019/1307245/richard-gilachrist-moore

Thank you. He sounded a dear man.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I agree that Cameron, in his feeble attempt to paper over the cracks in his party, takes a major responsibility for the total f*** up we now find ourselves in.

But what did May do, other than try to deliver to parliament, the deal that she thought the result of the referendum wanted :shrug:

Like Cameron in 2015 she made the fatal error of dissing the centre while attempting to suck up to the Brexit extreme, cultists who will never be satisfied with what they're given. They will always want more. For her childish red lines and inflammatory Citizens of Nowhere rhetoric she deserved everything she got.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Like Cameron in 2015 she made the fatal error of dissing the centre while attempting to suck up to the Brexit extreme, cultists who will never be satisfied with what they're given. They will always want more. For her childish red lines and inflammatory Citizens of Nowhere rhetoric she deserved everything she got.

Maybe she didn't see delivering the impossible as enough of a challenge, so she thought she would make it a bit harder :wink:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wow. I meant about Brexit. The quote was nothing to do with Brexit. But you carry on.

You say I am making a ridiculous argument

But I'm afraid what was saw yesterday in Strasbourg was further evidence of Crypto Fascism, their leader instructed his men to behave is a certain way. Or like the breaking point poster in the referendum it was an unfortunate coincidence

Jan 30, 2008
I'm sorry for your loss, and it's something I can identify with as my own father passed away 4 weeks tomorrow. I know how much work that can be on top of the emotional impact and you have my sympathies.

My father actually voted Leave at the referendum but changed his mind about 6 months later, as the facts became clear.

I will leave the insults to you, but when Brexit doesn't happen, it won't be because of me or any other remainer. It'll simply be because what was sold 3 years ago was an unimplementable fantasy :shrug:

It's been stalled by selfish undemocratic MP 's People knew what they wanted that's why 17.4 million voted to leave , the establishment didnt like that one bit hence all the shit that's gone on
regards
DR

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surprised it hasn’t been picked up on in here.

Corbyn finally comes out in support of 2nd Referendum.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Probably the simplest explanation I've heard why technology will never be a solution on the Irish border....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1146343595911204864

Either change our red lines or its bye bye the UK or a hard border.

Even in Switzerland with almost complete regulatory alignment and no ports there is still a border

Jan 30, 2008
You say I am making a ridiculous argument

But I'm afraid what was saw yesterday in Strasbourg was further evidence of Crypto Fascism, their leader instructed his men to behave is a certain way. Or like the breaking point poster in the referendum it was an unfortunate coincidence
What about the dozy bints in the yellow t shirts ?
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's been stalled by selfish undemocratic MP 's People knew what they wanted that's why 17.4 million voted to leave , the establishment didnt like that one bit hence all the shit that's gone on

MPs realise there are more than 17.4 million people in this country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here