Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I will be staying up all night always do for all elections and this one is so important, too last the night I am going to have to pace myself and not have my first beer until 10:00pm

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It sure was, I wonder how the gullible will feel once things come to kick them in the teeth if Remain wins.

I think the saying is I told you so.

By the way it was mentioned yesterday morning on BBC breakfast that USA could be heading for recession. So it looks like one is on the way and it's nothing to do with brexit.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Given that the Exit polls and so on were predicting it pretty close after the last general Election, despite getting it all over the place beforehand, I just wonder whether we might have some decent idea with the 10 o'clock news.

Although it could be "too close to call".

There'll be an exit poll published at 10pm - not definitive, but will be a good indication. Logically, given financial institutions are doing their own exit polling today, any obvious signs of a Leave vote would have caused a lot of nervousness on financial markets. Given both Sterling and the FTSE (and every other risk asset) has shown gains today, you would think that the private exit polls are indicating a Remain vote. We'll find out soon!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Simon Fanshawe knocked on my door earlier, in his 'Remain' regalia, to 'remind' me to vote. I said, thanks for reminding me, but I'm voting leave. I really hope we leave, to see the look on the faces of people like him.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Please don't try to simplify it a little. It's too complex to do that. Just the very fact that our skills shortage is not about low skilled work demonstrates our need to encourage skilled immigrants to work here needs to sit at the heart of the debate. We have a capacity shortage that means there is millions of pounds worth of construction projects running behind schedule all of which suppresses growth.

Furthermore, much of the low skilled work, whilst low skilled is an essential service. Without it, our hospitals would stop functioning tomorrow. That would have a very real impact on services.

I really don't need you or anyone trying to simplify the issue for me. It can't be simplified. That's the point.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Well you might of wanted to mention in your original post how our own low skilled workers are being displaced and being priced down out of the market, you implied that there was a skills shortage and that immigration was the necessary answer, when the figures just do not stack up, you called it a Red Herring, Red Herring my arse !!!

Why couldn't a points system address this issue rather than suck in millions of migrants for a skill shortage of a few hundred thousand, thats an issue that all of Europe will need to address.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Results will be announced in local authority rather than parliamentary constituencies which makes it quicker to declare. By 6am tomorrow there should be enough of a vote count to be fairly confident of the outcome.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Or the Spanish barmen have two jobs!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can only guess that you get your Portuguese and Spanish muddled up .........

Well the delightful young lady who we spoke to as she served us, who told us she was from San Sebastian, was a lying little minx, then.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy the outcome will be similar to the Scottish Independence vote, 55-45 REMAIN rather than the 51-49-type stuff the polls are reporting.

The writing will be on the wall by 2am, if not before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here