Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Of course I am. Usually I'm all for give-and-take but I see no room for serious compromise on Brexit. Sliding out of the EU on the back of a compromise soft-deal would be wishy-washy worst-of-all-worlds. Yes, we would have technically left but we would have reduced ourselves to what a well-known supporter of such a deal described as a vassal state. Such an end product is most likely if Rory Stewart or even Michael Gove take over. I'd rather see one of the hard Brexit ultras ascend to the throne and start waving the No Deal flag - it would bring matters to a head and almost certainly lead to a GE or second referendum.

Indeed and I suspect the Tories will go for a hardliner which will more than likely backfire. Rory I think could bring the country together, albeit with a huge fudge and he does appeal to non Tory voters

Gove has laid low for a long time, just got a feeling he will emerge as the front runner.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Peterborough by election on Thursday

How are you going to spin that one, getting your excuses already prepared i've no doubt.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
What was it someone said on the other thread, oh yeah

As usual, a tired old has been of a celebrity, trying to get noticed.
Why don't they just fade away watching reruns on You Tube with his box of tissues.

and... the freddie mercury film was way better than his

All a matter of opinion then... in this case anyone who takes a contrary view is always a 'has been' to rabid leavers.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Leavers get so incensed when someone voices support for Remain or a second referendum.
The facts are the referendum was three years ago. It’s obsolete. Nobody but the most stubborn fools want to leave anymore.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Leavers get so incensed when someone voices support for Remain or a second referendum.
The facts are the referendum was three years ago. It’s obsolete. Nobody but the most stubborn fools want to leave anymore.

Still a slim majority for leave as proved by last weeks euro elections, only the most stubborn of fools can't see that ... and it's one thing to voice support for remain or 2ref, which I respect but don't agree with, but to call millions of your fellow citizens stupid, imperialist English idiots is quite another.... lesson for Reg, stick to playing your piano.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

tenor.gif

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Still a slim majority for leave as proved by last weeks euro elections, only the most stubborn of fools can't see that ... and it's one thing to voice support for remain or 2ref, which I respect but don't agree with, but to call millions of your fellow citizens stupid, imperialist English idiots is quite another.... lesson for Reg, stick to playing your piano.

If he said that millions of his fellow citizens are stupid, imperialist idiots that would be foolish talk.

As far as I can tell he he simply said:
“I’m sick to death of politicians, especially British politicians. I am sick to death of Brexit. I am a European. I am not a stupid, colonial, imperialist, English idiot.”

In other words, he implied that stupid, colonial, imperialist English idiots are a significant aspect of the the Leave lobby.

No doubt colonial, imperialist English faction voted for Brexit, so I can't disagree with him on that. They would simply deny they were stupid idiots........

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

If he said that millions of his fellow citizens are stupid, imperialist idiots that would be foolish talk; as far as I can tell he he simply said:
“I’m sick to death of politicians, especially British politicians. I am sick to death of Brexit. I am a European. I am not a stupid, colonial, imperialist, English idiot.”
In other words, he implied that stupid, colonial, imperialist English idiots are a significant faction of the Leave lobby.

No doubt the colonial, imperialist English faction voted for Brexit, so I can't disagree with him on that. They would simply deny they were stupid idiots........

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I think millions of my fellow citizens are stupid imperialist idiots. Am I allowed to say that?

Not quite sure how the slim majority for leave is arrived at either.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Simply untrue. Remain got the the majority.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....results-uk-regrets-brexit-votes-remain-2019-5

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think millions of my fellow citizens are stupid imperialist idiots. Am I allowed to say that?

Not quite sure how the slim majority for leave is arrived at either.
Peterborough by election on Thursday

How are you going to spin that one, getting your excuses already prepared i've no doubt.
By election in strong leave area, how did you spin the London EU result ?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here