Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The leader of UKIP is warning protesters on Twitter that the Police may use a water cannon at today's demonstrations.

The MET don't have one

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Hard to feel happy about the ongoing chaos, the billions of pounds spunked on the whole pointless exercise, and all the time wasted to achieve nothing and which could have been used to address the more pressing issues facing our world.

And, of course, it's unlikely to end anytime soon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As things stand, we are still heading for April 12th *no deal* dystopia, so I'll keep the English fizzy wine unopened for now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My prediction FWIW:

The WA will pass today, as self-interest on the part of duplicitous far-right Tories, and corruption and bribery on the part of the DUP, edge it over the line. May will bow out, feted as a martyr by the press despite all her abject failures.

BigGully, 2Profs, JCFC, and most especially Bakerlite will be all over it celebrating 'WINNING' a toothless net-loss Brexit that they've all denounced repeatedly as the worst of all outcomes.
You do the DUP a gross disservice. Their position has been clear and consistent from day one - they will vote down any deal that treats NI differently from the rest of the UK, and they have every right to do so. They have given us no reason to believe they can be bribed over this issue so the only way I will ever hold them in contempt is if they decide to back down over this issue (betraying their core unionist vote) or more likely, vote for a deal that risks peace on the island.

The fact that they are kingmakers is entirely down to the Conservatives acting in the short-term self interest by bribing them to allow them to continue to monstrously mismanage the country. Letting one side of the sectarian divide dictate to this government on all matters should NEVER have been allowed to happen as it is extremely dangerous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hard to feel happy about the ongoing chaos, the billions of pounds spunked on the whole pointless exercise, and all the time wasted to achieve nothing and which could have been used to address the more pressing issues facing our world.

And, of course, it's unlikely to end anytime soon.
You've just described every day in government.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The leader of UKIP is warning protesters on Twitter that the Police may use a water cannon at today's demonstrations.

The MET don't have one

The ones BJ bought was sold for scrap...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The idea that leave voters have somehow changed their minds in droves, just because of the current shenanigans, is a figment of remainers' imaginations.

Just to go back to this point I had a think about the number of people who may have different opinion's on Mays deal now compared to 3 years ago when it didn't exist to see how many droves would be required for the will of the people to be different.

The answer is, at a minimum, 1.9% of those who voted, or 1.4% of the electorate as a whole.

I wouldn't consider 2% of people who voted as droves, rather a very small amount.

IMO it doesn't require an unreasonable level of imagination to imagine that less than 2% of people think differently?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I think I've misjudged Rory Stewart. This is genuinely an excellent interview - and thanks for posting his wonderful hedgehog speech.

Someone I know very well spent a bit of time with John Major when he was a junior minister. When Major became leader of the Conservatives, the instant reaction was: 'he's a decent man - won't last long'. I've heard exactly the same from people that have spent any time with Rory Stewart.
He's a decent man and not really cut out for politics. And definitely not Tory politics.

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
obviously fallen for the elitist globalists left wing scare tactics and likes being controlled and having their rights and free speech being taken away

D

Deleted member 22389

Bollox to the wankers in power who have done everything in their power to halt, delay and destroy Brexit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Without checking, and I will go and do that in a minute, I think you are talking utter codswallop!

Done my checking and WOW! My ghast is flabbergasted, although with hindsight I guess the EU just delegate their workload down to national government employees to instigate.

So shocking isn't it, that maybe the EU isn't quite the big evil corporation that the people who will make SHITLOADS of money from Leaving the EU would have you think?!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The MET don't have one

The Met have told him so. Some of the replies are hilarious.

[tweet]1111538049710723073[/tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Someone I know very well spent a bit of time with John Major when he was a junior minister. When Major became leader of the Conservatives, the instant reaction was: 'he's a decent man - won't last long'. I've heard exactly the same from people that have spent any time with Rory Stewart.
He's a decent man and not really cut out for politics. And definitely not Tory politics.

Just seems too honest, the members want a deluded Blukipper...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I doubt we’ll have heard the end of this during the lifetime of the youngest poster today on NSC! Anyone celebrating anything today is a fool and clearly not learnt anything from even our stadium saga let alone Brexit. If this was a 8 series boxset, I’d say we’re maybe coming to the end of, what, season 2?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought it may work if we all pulled together as one with the EU but that was never going to happen, resulting in this mess.
And all the time, outside of Brexit the country, on many fronts is falling apart.

Completely impossible and implausible, given 17.4m people voted for 17.4m different versions of Brexit. With all due respect, to me it's a naive suggestion, that we should just "pull together" - what does it actually mean in practical terms?

Leave voters voted for the impossible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here