Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, but I suspect quite a few Labour MP's will vote for the deal now.
Why are MP suddenly wanting to vote for the deal? Isn't it worse than the other options that are being voted on this evening?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What did they say?

They pulled the statement.

I suspect a lot has gone on behind the scenes in reaction to parliament taking over. One conservative MP just on the news, very angry that all of a sudden the ERG are falling into line simply because the Prime Minister has gone.

All about leadership bids and he (and others) will make sure they never get voted for.

Worth putting a few quid on Mays deal (if allowed) - it's gonna be much closer now.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I expect the DUP want Brexit to be the 11th of July I think it was,for a really big march.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Why are MP suddenly wanting to vote for the deal? Isn't it worse than the other options that are being voted on this evening?

Because many Labour MP's (according to Lisa Nandy anyway) have no real issue with the Withdrawal Agreement, their objection is with the Political Declaration (it is too vague) and do not trust TM to lead the next phase of negotiations. Now that TM won't be leading the negotiating, if they can have a less vague political declaration (hopefully what they are trying to do today and potentially in the next few days), they will vote for the deal.

Plus many of the Tories who voted against will vote for it now so that they get Brexit through.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Because they have no morals whatsoever. They have traded their support for the Prime Minister to go.

No - the other options are worse for arch brexiteers, well the ones that will get support. The backstop is only an insurance policy and they sold the DUP down the river.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because many Labour MP's (according to Lisa Nandy anyway) have no real issue with the Withdrawal Agreement, their objection is with the Political Declaration (it is too vague) and do not trust TM to lead the next phase of negotiations. Now that TM won't be leading the negotiating, if they can have a less vague political declaration (hopefully what they are trying to do today and potentially in the next few days), they will vote for the deal.

Yes because May resigning, and the spectre of Gove, Johnson, Leadsom, Javid, Raab... leading the next phase must fill them with renewed confidence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Seeing as how TM has said something completely the opposite within 48 hours of any statement, do they actually trust her to stand down? She has also got to change her deal (or the wording thereof) to get it to come back for an MV3.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m struggling to see how MP’s can now vote for TM’s slightly amended deal simply because she has said she’ll leave before the next round of negotiations . I’m not saying whether I would vote for her deal or not but just that she was always dead in the water and nothing has changed with the news breaking now.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Seeing as how TM has said something completely the opposite within 48 hours of any statement, do they actually trust her to stand down? She has also got to change her deal (or the wording thereof) to get it to come back for an MV3.

Well some Labour MP's are bricking it after the Speakers comments earlier about MV3 (ie they may get a no deal by accident). I think they have to trust her that she will stand down. It has also been reported that MV3 can be done by changing the Withdrawal Act wording or something like that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Five MPs were sent threatening (malicious communication) messages. Twitter accounts belonging to four Independent Group MPs - Anna Soubry, Chuka Umunna, Angela Smith and Sarah Wollaston - and Labour MP David Lammy were tagged in the threat which had a photo of a crossbow hanging from a door.
Two people have been arrested in Sheffield.

[tweet]1110967050137190402[/tweet]

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Yes because May resigning, and the spectre of Gove, Johnson, Leadsom, Javid, Raab... leading the next phase must fill them with renewed confidence.

TM has already said in Parliament that Parliament will be much more involved in the next stage of negotiations. The problem is that they do not trust HER. That issue of trust should be removed by her going.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
TM has already said in Parliament that Parliament will be much more involved in the next stage of negotiations. The problem is that they do not trust HER. That issue of trust should be removed by her going.

Removed by her going, with the likely candidates that will replace her. Do behave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here