Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
its very odd that for many millions voting to leave they cant stir up as many to march for their cause as remain. i've reached an theory that vast numbers of leavers are apathetic to it all, its easy enough to vote to leave, complain about, have genuine views against and objections to the EU, but they dont actually care much either way.

Probably backed up by Prof John Curtice's research corroborated by polls “is enough to raise doubts about whether, two and half years after the original ballot, leaving the EU necessarily continues to represent the view of a majority of the British public”.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably backed up by Prof John Curtice's research corroborated by polls “is enough to raise doubts about whether, two and half years after the original ballot, leaving the EU necessarily continues to represent the view of a majority of the British public”.

Sadly though, despite everyone being allowed to change their mind everytime they change underwear, the British public aren't allowed such a luxury

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
We are now seeing what a fake alliance the DUP and ERG was all along.

The DUP love the Union more than Brexit, the ERG love Brexit more than the Union.

Unfortunately Leave doesn't mean Leave however hard it is shouted.

spot-on in my view. I always thought that the ERG were using the Union as a flag of convenience. Weren't some of them prepared to vote for May's deal if she resigned? What about the precious Union?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
spot-on in my view. I always thought that the ERG were using the Union as a flag of convenience. Weren't some of them prepared to vote for May's deal if she resigned? What about the precious Union?

For a low regulation tax haven they will throw anyone under a bus. Including those wanting to leave the EU.

Now all arguing on twitter, Mogg has BETRAYED them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Rees Mogg has CHANGED HIS MIND.

:lolol:

December 18 - Tried up depose the PM

January 19 - Held a Champagne reception when the PM's deal lost by 230 votes

February 19 - Said he would support the PM's deal if the backstop was removed

March 19 - Says he will now support the PM's deal

WHAT A PRIZE C*CK!!!

And now the icing on the cake the DUP aren't following Jacob's lead...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I think this is a big reason in favour of ousting Theresa May as PM. In her mind she is on a mission that begun in 2016 after the Referendum to "deliver Brexit", but she is ignoring the fact that the polls have put Remain ahead of Leave continuously since Jan 18, and a Poll of Polls on the BBC website now puts Remain at 54%, Leave 46%.

The BBC explains the 6% swing largely being down to the '2016 Don't Knows' now backing Remain by 43% to 19%. If this were replicated in a Second Referendum there would be more than 3 million extra votes for Remain.

This, on the back of the 1 million that marched in London, the piss poor 'Pro Brexit March' turnout and the 5.7 million online signatories to the 'Revoke Article 50' petition, should mean that the phrase" Will of the people" is consigned to the dustbin once and for all, especially as there's c 2 million new voters of eligible age that have turned 18 and 2 million-odd that have died since June 2016.

And morally, she though there was enough of a change of mind for the electorate to give her a bigger majoirty when she broke the 5-year Fixed Parliament Act and called a General Election just 2yrs 1 month after the 2015 election, but this can't apply 2yrs and 9 months on from the 2016 EU Referendum.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Yes you did, you said

“Now you know that immigration can be controlled whilst we are part of the EU”,

Visas, permits to enter and quotas are standard ways of controlling immigration enjoyed by numerous nations across the planet.
If we can control EU immigration with these basic requirements what is the EU mechanism that permits this.

If you want to back out and admit actually we don’t have these basic level of immigration control whilst being in the EU i am all ears.

Please show me where I mention visas and permits.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
For a low regulation tax haven they will throw anyone under a bus. Including those wanting to leave the EU.

Now all arguing on twitter, Mogg has BETRAYED them.

I am starting to think he has invested millions on us leaving hard he is going to lose a fortune, so Mays deal will see some of those loses cut.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh dear, first the Tory party were in fighting over the EU, then the euro-sceptics within were in fighting over the EU, now the niche within the within hard Brexiteers are in fighting over the EU. Where will it end :lolol:

The Queen and Prince Phillip haven't been talking to each other for weeks.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I read that as two professors. The turncoat, I thought!

Well done,that man!:lolol:
That article is so funny.Particularly laughed at this bit:

daftc,nt.png

Are the un-successful academics the ones who work in the 1901?:rotlf:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
December 18 - Tried up depose the PM

January 19 - Held a Champagne reception when the PM's deal lost by 230 votes

February 19 - Said he would support the PM's deal if the backstop was removed

March 19 - Says he will now support the PM's deal

WHAT A PRIZE C*CK!!!

And now the icing on the cake the DUP aren't following Jacob's lead...

But you keep saying everyone has changed their mind,so exit Brexit.Make up your mind.Can people change their minds,or not????

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1110526622803939328[/tweet]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
[tweet]1110526622803939328[/tweet]
If only more MPs put the country before saving their own skins we wouldn't be in this mess. And I include May, Corbyn, Johnson, Gove et al in that.

Mogg not so much because he's just pure evil and cares only about money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here