Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Are you correctly reading my post because I can't see where I claimed MEPs can repeal legislation. The EC is not going to draft legislation that won't get voted through, it makes no sense. Furthermore, any legislation will surely be in line with what has been agreed between member states as part of the various treaties that they have signed up to.

so you'd agree that legislation is drafted and agreed by unelected persons, to be present to the elected parliament to sign off? it seems that was Scunner's point, that in the EU the elected parliament assumes the role of a revising chamber. that is an inversion of our commons/lord relationship, i wouldnt call it a mirror image unless that mirror is from a circus attraction, but its certainly a reversal of what we are used to.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This is a couple of towns( Or one of them) that thought it would be clever to give the Greens Government. The polls on here look good to me.:)
I've always said Brighton is as left as you'll get in this country and the voting on here has surprised me as was expecting 65/35 for in :)
Thankfully we don't have many more towns or cities like Brighton which is lefty mania :)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I've always said Brighton is as left as you'll get in this country and the voting on here has surprised me as was expecting 65/35 for in :)
Thankfully we don't have many more towns or cities like Brighton which is lefty mania :)

And the evidence for your claim of Brighton being the most left wing place in the country? And for your suggestion that being left wing is a Remain characteristic? And while we're about it, for the assumption that Brighton is heavily Europhile?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So many gullible morons on here still lapping up all the lies, depressing.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So many gullible morons on here still lapping up all the lies, depressing.

actually I agree with your sentiment if not your choice of language. Its probably best to ignore any of the 'facts' from either side as it makes people sound like cheerleaders. Better to make up ones own mind either way and ignore the official campaigns.
Sorry you found a thread contributor who agrees with you WD as I guess that wasn't your intention....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I know and they still want to vote remain[emoji4]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Not that I give a shit coz nothings gonna change but there's been more lies from the leave camp, just saying.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The EU is the saviour of our trade? Really? After more than 40 years of membership, there is still no trade deal with America, China, Japan, Brazil, India, Canada, Australia and Indonesia.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
so you'd agree that legislation is drafted and agreed by unelected persons, to be present to the elected parliament to sign off? it seems that was Scunner's point, that in the EU the elected parliament assumes the role of a revising chamber. that is an inversion of our commons/lord relationship, i wouldnt call it a mirror image unless that mirror is from a circus attraction, but its certainly a reversal of what we are used to.

From whom do you think the commissioners take their instructions? What exactly do you mean by 'agreed'? If you are saying they draft and get the wording agreed before it goes to a vote then what exactly is wrong with that process? We have a civil service that are unelected and do exactly that.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The EU seem to be better at applying sanctions to countries than signing trade deals with them.36 countries with active sanctions against them!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
WORLD War Two veterans yesterday begged the people of Britain to back Brexit – claiming the PM was “misleading” the British people to keep us in the EU.
The five heroes blasted the EU as anti-democratic and said they had “served the country on land, sea and air to ensure that future generations could be free and independent”.
Meeting the vets at a Berkshire airfield yesterday, Brexit backing Minister Priti Patel said she was “honoured”.
“These people fought for our country, and on Thursday we need to vote for our democracy,” she said.
“Defence of the realm is one of Government’s most basic duties.”
She added: “The prospect of having our security policy dictated by Brussels is a huge concern – and makes a mockery of the claim that Britain is stronger in the EU.”

Former Royal Engineer Colin Ashford insisted too much power had been given to Brussels: “We have seen a steady EROSION of our democracy.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/polit...t-we-fought-for-urging-voters-to-back-brexit/

Not that I give a shit coz nothings gonna change but there's been more lies from the leave camp, just saying.

Respectfully disagree there.
The EU controls around 350 million of our cash every week. The transaction does not involve a straight bank transfer, I agree, but they do tell us how to spend it in some form of grant/subsidy.

Immigration is uncontrollable under the EU. Migrants from North Africa and the middle east may not count as EU immigration under the figures but a good majority of them arrive through the European open border system.

If you were a multi national car company or manufacturer why would you choose to manufacture in Britain when you have a 24 mile channel to cross to get to your market in Europe. Nissan, Toyota, Honda build cars here because of good tax breaks and a productive workforce. They will not move to Europe if we get out. The Europeans love to strike and are not as productive per worker as as Brits.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Maybe I am of 'that age' now. However I am extremely uncomfortable with selling away our right of self governance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here