Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Hilarious ....you are a self-identified class warrior, who went to see the dear leader speak in person and have defended him on numerous occasions but have distanced yourself from your very clear prejudices ever since.

Better than being an anonymous voyeur like you on a football forum located in 'Middle Earth' taking an interest in what people on the internet who you haven't met have been and seen.

What are my clear prejudices though in your opinion out of interest? If it's not liking Brexit backing, clueless, English Tory Toffs who are ruining the country - guilty as charged and proud of it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Holding those that make decisions about our lives more directly accountable through the ballot box = hokey? How sad.

Oh good. When do I get to vote for the Monarch? Or the Lord's? Or the actual Prime Minister come to that?

Anyone who wanted the UK to gain more control over EU migration would be welcoming the fact net EU migration has fallen considerably since the referendum and we haven't even left yet.

Whereas others would point to the increasingly chronic shortages of staff in the health and care sectors as a negative.

Leaving the EU guaranteeing we would no longer be on the path to ever closer union that has been the number one reason (See Euro crisis) for economic turmoil, stunted economic growth and suffering in many member states ... not a positive?

But we have a veto over all of this.

Withdrawing from a protectionist club, increasing domestic prices in many areas, a club with receding economic Uk and global importance .. giving us more opportunity to trade with the fastest growing economies across the globe, not a positive?

Evidence for higher prices, please. Also most other nations belong to "protectionist" trade organisations. Why do you think only one nation trades purely on WTO terms?

Regaining primacy of UK law ... not a positive?

Wow, I can't wait to get back control of that 7% of laws which weren't from the UK, which was mostly massively sovereign-impacting stuff like "making sure food was safe".

Removing the UK from a club where numerous increasingly authoritarian far left/right governments have a veto in numerous areas that affect us ... not a positive?

Wait, haven't you just contradicted point 3? Or does everyone but us have a veto?

I assume you also realise that under WTO rules every dictator under the sun can happily veto our trading schedules if there's something they don't like. So Argentina could keep rejecting ours until we give them back the Falklands, for example.

Not being part of an organisation that inflicts crushing austerity (see Greece, mass unemployment, mass poverty, jump in suicides, collapse in GDP growth) on a member state for breaking rules while turning a blind eye to other richer members doing the same.

I have a bank account. That bank will almost certainly have inflicted crushing poverty on others who have failed to pay their debts to it too. Do you have a bank account? In which case exactly the same applies to you.

Unfortunately, numerous peeps on this thread have been conflating the piss poor way the negotiating process has been handled by an overwhelming pro remain political class ... with the underlying completely valid reasons for voting leave.

The negotiations have always been in the hands of Brexit secretaries who were Brexiters. They all ran away, as have all the others. Repeatedly.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Better than being an anonymous voyeur like you on a football forum located in 'Middle Earth' taking an interest in what people on the internet who you haven't met have been and seen.

What are my clear prejudices though in your opinion out of interest? If it's not liking Brexit backing, clueless, English Tory Toffs who are ruining the country - guilty as charged and proud of it.

Your prejudices are transparent as you have proved once again ... English ...Tory ...Toffs all derogatory, pejorative, terms.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So who picks the crops?

Just drop tariffs to zero, send farmers to the wall and bring in the cheapest fruit and veg from anywhere.

Last man standing, regulations......who cares....

SORTED

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am aware that Louise Mensch isn't the most reliable source, but Theresa May's own QC told the Court of Appeal last week, that she knew.

[tweet]1100867786446962694[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am aware that Louise Mensch isn't the most reliable source, but Theresa May's own QC told the Court of Appeal last week, that she knew.

[tweet]1100867786446962694[/tweet]

It’s criminal how they have just ploughed on with something everyone, at every level knows is corrupt and will do irreparable damage to the U.K.

We lack anyone in the position to have influence that is willing to put a stop to this insanity. This is just madness now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It’s criminal how they have just ploughed on with something everyone, at every level knows is corrupt and will do irreparable damage to the U.K.

We lack anyone in the position to have influence that is willing to put a stop to this insanity. This is just madness now.

Need to a Muller style investigation. Heard nothing from NCA for weeks on Aaron Banks, what's going on?

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Let's take a raincheck then on where we are at.

BREXIT RESULTS CHECKLIST
Control over European medicine and banking regulators lost to Amsterdam and Paris [X]
Honda, Nissan, Ford, Airbus, Philips, JLR etc. jobs losses announced [X]
Airlines failed due to Brexit [X]
Dyson HQ relocated to Singapore [X]
British scientists and engineers set to no longer work on Galileo [X]
No trade deals to speak of and no WTO certified tariff schedule [X]
£800million every week loss to the UK economy [X]
$1 trillion of assets moved from the UK to EU27 [X]
Bloody nose for the 99% [X]
UK government found in contempt of the Parliament [X]
In-depth investigation into the funding of Leave campaign blocked by UK government [X]
Pound down 20% [X]
STILL TO COME
Pound down 50% [ ]
Housing market collapse, mass negative equity and 2008 (if not 1930s) style recession [ ]
Referendum on the final deal denied [ ]
Gibraltar lost [ ]
Independent Scotland [ ]
Reunified Ireland [ ]
The UK dissolved [ ]
NHS privatised [ ]
Food prices up 100% to Swiss levels [ ]
Food quality standards lowered to US levels [ ]
Environmental standards relaxed to US and ideally Chinese levels [ ]
Workers' rights in line with US and ideally Chinese standards [ ]
UK driving licences invalid in Europe, including Ireland [ ]
No freedom of movement for British people [ ]
No free access to national healthcare systems in Europe [ ]
Tory offshore fortunes protected [ ]
Both Britain and Europe weaker and less secure apart rather than stronger together [ ]
Brexit delivered for Vladimir [ ]
The Tories are still on the case. or is all that just Project Fear? and am I missing something? Oh yes - I can't find any advantages.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

BREXIT RESULTS CHECKLIST
Control over European medicine and banking regulators lost to Amsterdam and Paris [X]
In-depth investigation into the funding of Leave campaign blocked by UK government [X]
Pound down 20% [X]
STILL TO COME
Pound down 50% [ ]
Housing market collapse, mass negative equity and 2008 (if not 1930s) style recession [ ]
Gibraltar lost [ ]
Independent Scotland [ ]
Reunified Ireland [ ]
The UK dissolved [ ]
NHS privatised [ ]
Both Britain and Europe weaker and less secure apart rather than stronger together [ ]
The Tories are still on the case. or is all that just Project Fear? and am I missing something? Oh yes - I can't find any advantages.
Keep taking the tablets.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

BREXIT RESULTS CHECKLIST
Pound down 20% [X]
STILL TO COME
Pound down 50% [ ]
Gibraltar lost [ ]
Independent Scotland [ ]
Reunified Ireland [ ]
The UK dissolved [ ]
NHS privatised [ ]

Good Lord!

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tony Abbott, widely regarded as the worst PM Australia they had ever had. And the Spectactor gives him a few hundred words to spout gibberish...

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/03/no-deal-no-problem/

If no deal is fine then why did Australia start talks on a FTA last year?

Tony Abbott's sole distinction is being a worse prime minister than May, I wouldn't listen to him giving the weather forecast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here