Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
PM_2016.06.07_brexit-07.png

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/07/euroskepticism-beyond-brexit/

Just 16 per cent of the 10,118 people polled were in favour of Britain staying in the bloc, with four per cent undecided.

One furious Telegraaf reader told the paper the EU is "only for the rich" and has widened the gap between rich and poor.

Another said: “Brexit will be detrimental to the cohesion of the EU... If Britain gets out, that is the beginning of the dismantling."

Fun isn't it? Recent survey v charts.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thanks - the thing I don't get is that - if immigration is such a scourge - why don't we act to stop all non-EU immigration NOW. That would reduce the net immigration figure by more than half.
Another (much smaller) factor worth some consideration is that a Brexit will make it a lot less likely that Brits emigrate, so we will choke off one of the "release valves" that's working quite nicely now.

Why on earth do you people continue to insist on discriminating against non EU citizens? Is it something to do with the colour of their skin?are they simply too foreign for you?
I cant think what else it can be as plenty of non EU citizens wishing to come here legally have some great skills we could utilise.

You also rather handily completely ignore that the authorities are fighting a constant battle against those non EU citizens who enter the country legally but under false pretences,think sham colleges,sham marriages,abuse of the entrepreneur visa system by money lenders to name but a few.

Add on that those who just get in here illegally and work in the black market,dont pay any taxes but still use our roads and have to live somewhere.
Last estimates were 1.1 million of illegal non EU peoples here in the country.

Why if you believe in the concept of free movement are you still happy with controls on non EU citizens.
Why are you all so hypocritical on this subject?
Why are you all against the 75% of the population who want immigration brought down.
What figure coming in per year would finally persuade you to say,ok thats a bit to many now?How is it you all find this an impossible question to answer?

But most of all why isnt it you cant understand why the country thinks you simply have no credible answers to the problems of mass immigration.....especially when you come out with guff like lets stop ALL Non EU migrants entering now........what a daft proposal

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Apparently whilst the Labour Grandees are making an ass of themselves promoting Remain it becomes apparent that they are pleading with Cameron and the remain part of the government. What plea you may ask, we'll it's this. You have to discuss immigration.

Their response. No

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Just 16 per cent of the 10,118 people polled were in favour of Britain staying in the bloc, with four per cent undecided.

One furious Telegraaf reader told the paper the EU is "only for the rich" and has widened the gap between rich and poor.

Another said: “Brexit will be detrimental to the cohesion of the EU... If Britain gets out, that is the beginning of the dismantling."

Fun isn't it? Recent survey v charts.

It's all fun and games until Brexiteers tank the economy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Bad for the EU, yes. That's what they want!

"A staggering 80 per cent of people surveyed by a national newspaper in the Netherlands believe the UK should take back control from Brussels on June 23.
Many hope Brexit will deal a crushing blow to the doomed European project, which the front page of the paper brands a "monster".

Let's hope we can give them what they want, and that our exit gives them the chance to get out too.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
TNS poll just out. The comments from the organisation show just how absurd any poll is at the moment.

London, 14th June - The latest EU referendum voting intention survey by TNS gives the Leave campaign a significant lead nine days out from polling day.

The survey of 2,497 adults in the UK gives the ‘Leave’ campaign a lead of 7 points over ‘Remain’. Voting intention among likely voters (including those not fully decided but leaning in one direction) is as follows:

Remain 40%, Leave 47%, Undecided/Would not vote 13%

Ok. Interesting.

But then...

'It should be noted that among the entire general public the picture is more balanced with 33% supporting Remain, 35% supporting Leave and 32% undecided or planning not to vote'

Errr.......

'This swing towards Leave since our last poll in late May might be due to a genuine change in opinion among voters but it could also be due to random error'

So basically, you haven't a fecking clue how things really stand.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
You're right, we don't elect commissioners nor the president, the same that we don't elect members of our civil service or even, for that matter, who we want to be Prime Minister. There is a commissioner for each member state and they are given, for want of a better word, a portfolio. It is their job to establish what laws the member states want to introduce and then to draft the law. They do not, as Brexit seem to suggest, sit away in locked towers coming up with their own hair brained schemes that every country is against but must abide by. MEPs then vote on the laws. In terms of reimbursement, then I agree there may well be serious grounds for review. As for Kinnock, I don't like the man but are you sure he is earning £2m a year from the EU?

i think they (the kinnocks have had about £12,000,000 , (wagesand pensions )since 1995 , so not £2m pa , but you can see the reasoning that they , and their pals want to the UK to Remain ! ( plus god knows what "expenses" incurred !)

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Remain and we have absolutely no way of controlling free movement. Remain have no answers for the numbers of people that are likely to come here, an open door to hundreds of millions of people, Remain also have no answers on where they are going to build all the extra houses, schools, hospitals.

All the argument is for is this economy, which can go in to go either way whether Remain or Leave.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

A good friend of mine came up with a great idea. If you don't have the time/inclination to find out all the facts about the EU referendum (I don't blame you) and are possibly unsure which way to vote, perhaps knowing how other notable people are thinking could help out.

Here are a few that strongly believe the UK should remain a member of the EU:

• Governor of the Bank of England
• International Monetary Fund
• Institute for Fiscal Studies
• Confederation of British Industry
• Leaders/heads of state of every single other member of the EU
• President of the United States of America
• Eight former US Treasury Secretaries
• President of China
• Prime Minister of India
• Prime Minister of Canada
• Prime Minister of Australia
• Prime Minister of Japan
• Prime Minister of New Zealand
• The chief executives of most of the top 100 companies in the UK including Marks and Spencer, BT, Asda, Vodafone, Virgin, IBM, BMW etc.
• Kofi Annan, the former Secretary General of the United Nations
• All living former Prime Ministers of the UK (from both parties)
• Virtually all reputable and recognised economists
• The Prime Minister of the UK
• The leader of the Labour Party
• The Leader of the Liberal Democrats
• The Leader of the Green Party
• The Leader of the Scottish National Party
• The leader of Plaid Cymru
• Leader of Sinn Fein
• Martin Lewis, that money saving dude off the telly
• The Secretary General of the TUC
• Unison
• National Union of Students
• National Union of Farmers
• Stephen Hawking
• Chief Executive of the NHS
• 300 of the most prominent international historians
• Director of Europol
• David Anderson QC, Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation
• Former Directors of GCHQ
• Secretary General of Nato
• Church of England
• Church in Scotland
• Church in Wales
• Friends of the Earth
• Greenpeace
• Director General of the World Trade Organisation
• WWF
• World Bank
• OECD

Here are pretty much the only notable people who think we should leave the EU:

• Boris Johnson, who probably doesn’t really care either way, but knows he’ll become Prime Minister if the country votes to leave
• A former Secretary of State for Work and Pensions who many thought carried out a brutal regime of cuts to benefits and essential support for the poorest in society as well as the disabled and sick
• The Education Secretary that every single teacher in the country hated with a furious passion for the damage he was doing to the education system
• Leader of UKIP
• BNP
• Britain First
• Donald Trump
• Keith Chegwin
• David Icke

So, as I said, if you can’t be bothered to look into the real facts and implications of all this in/out stuff, just pick the list that you most trust and vote that way. It really couldn’t be more simple.

And if you are unsure about leaving, don't.

Please repost this list, if you think it might help.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You seem to have been selective in your choice of the Leave supporters. What about Vladimir Putin?

D

Deleted member 22389

A good friend of mine came up with a great idea. If you don't have the time/inclination to find out all the facts about the EU referendum (I don't blame you) and are possibly unsure which way to vote, perhaps knowing how other notable people are thinking could help out.

• President of China
• The chief executives of most of the top 100 companies in the UK including Marks and Spencer, BT, Asda, Vodafone, Virgin, IBM, BMW etc.
• Leader of Sinn Fein
• Unison
• Stephen Hawking
• Director of Europol
• Church of England
• Church in Scotland
• Church in Wales
• Friends of the Earth
• Greenpeace
• WWF
• World Bank
• OECD

• Boris Johnson, who probably doesn’t really care either way, but knows he’ll become Prime Minister if the country votes to leave
• A former Secretary of State for Work and Pensions who many thought carried out a brutal regime of cuts to benefits and essential support for the poorest in society as well as the disabled and sick
• The Education Secretary that every single teacher in the country hated with a furious passion for the damage he was doing to the education system
• Leader of UKIP
• BNP
• Britain First
• Donald Trump
• Keith Chegwin
• David Icke

So, as I said, if you can’t be bothered to look into the real facts and implications of all this in/out stuff, just pick the list that you most trust and vote that way. It really couldn’t be more simple.

All those people you listed are talking for themselves, they are not the opinions of ALL the people when you dig deeper in to these organisations, which is what the government has tried to make out.

The people for Leave represent the people for Leave, they also represent the truth of what is really going on.

Now I see osbourne is threatening tax hikes, what an ahole.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 22389

• President of China
• Leader of Sinn Fein
• Unison
• Stephen Hawking
• Director of Europol
• Church of England
• Church in Scotland
• Church in Wales
• Friends of the Earth
• Greenpeace
• WWF
• World Bank
• OECD

• Leader of UKIP
• BNP
• Britain First
• Donald Trump
• Keith Chegwin
• David Icke

Duplicate Post

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Now I see osbourne is threatening tax hikes, what an ahole.

Yes, and it seems likely, if the polls are indicative of anything, that all these threats are backfiring.

I'm still waiting for people in remain to explain what is really really good about the EU. Never have so many words been spoken in defence of a regime which is so little loved.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes, and it seems likely, if the polls are indicative of anything, that all these threats are backfiring.

I'm still waiting for people in remain to explain what is really really good about the EU. Never have so many words been spoken in defence of a regime which is so little loved.

I hope the polls really backfire after today's threat. I ask where are the true Labour sticking up for the working man? Anyone?
Seems to me some are purposely talking the economy down, disgusting people.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The fact we have a CONSERVATIVE Prime Minister bad mouthing the country for over a month like some first year Che Guvara t-shirt wearing politics student is a disgrace, regardless if leave or remain win Cameron needs to be thrown out.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The EU is a symbol of hope and a coming together of nations previously at war for hundreds of years. It is a symbol of common ground, mutual interests, the benefit of the many not the few. The world can be a better place if countries come together and strive hand in hand to make the world a better place. Our United Kingdom of countries gave us the Great in Britain, and being at the heart of Europe makes us stronger, to support and be supported by our neighbours. It was the dream in 1945, and we should strive to continue that dream and to MAKE IT WORK. We are British, we don't back out of things when it gets tough, we don't shirk taking responsibility. We need to stay, they need us.

We're at heart of a terrible global recession, of austerity, times are hard but the blame doesn't lie with the EU or immigration. We need to engage with the EU, reaching out is far better than withdrawing inward.

Vote remain.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
i think they (the kinnocks have had about £12,000,000 , (wagesand pensions )since 1995 , so not £2m pa , but you can see the reasoning that they , and their pals want to the UK to Remain ! ( plus god knows what "expenses" incurred !)

The point I was making is that he isn't earning £2m year now which was implied.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here