Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is a depressing situation, this situation was there before the referendum, and will still be there after the vote......the question is which vote will be best for this situation, i believe out, many disagree..... :)

Which is a polite and decent way to agree to disagree :)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Problem with a points system is that it can result in even further migration. The Brexiteers keep talking about adopting the Australian system, but this is what has happened under such a policy

View attachment 75725.

Australia have been welcoming (with a points system) people for years, because it is a massive developing country with lots of work. I think they will "control" immigration when they have enough.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
ea4058febcef08e4ae5bfd7ba92e6609.jpg

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Exactly this!
Also I'd like to bring a policy in so wealthy foreign investors can't just buy up all the new houses and keep them empty, give at least 75% first choice to people from or around that area, that'll be nice wouldn't it? Shame it won't happen [emoji20]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Exactly......... i agree, especially these " foreign investors" who do not even live here......a good first law for when we leave eh.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Exactly......... i agree, especially these " foreign investors" who do not even live here......a good first law for when we leave eh.

Agree with you in principle, but which party is going to propose that law?

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So far FOR exit we have Michael Gove, Boris Johnson, Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin and now Rupert Murdoch.....surely we only need Kim Jong-Un and IS and we have the full set ? ... it's a big incentive to vote Remain in my book.

Farage, Redwood, Galloway, Hopkins the lists goes on. You gotta ask yourself what kind of country we will be left with?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You know what I mean! The wealthy live in each others pockets all over the world. I don't want to keep arguing with you, like you said, my main issues are with our government and corruption, which exists everywhere and will never be solved, which is why I find voting a waste of time, but I can accept others want to feel they're making a difference [emoji482]

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You know what I mean! The wealthy live in each others pockets all over the world. I don't want to keep arguing with you, like you said, my main issues are with our government and corruption, which exists everywhere and will never be solved, which is why I find voting a waste of time, but I can accept others want to feel they're making a difference [emoji482]

We debate don't we....... :)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Then the EU should have engaged in serious renegotiation's. It was that arrogance that turned many into Brexiters

What makes you think we are so special, we're one of 27 nations in the club.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why do we need tough control? I prefer some foreigners to home grown.
We are all people. None are better or worse than others.

That's not really true some people are worse than others, ie Murderers, paedophiles and rapist, as they are scum.

Anyway there goes the stereo typical attack against anyone that wants a better control on immigration, my WHOLE gripe with the past two governments is the empty promises on immigration and how many unknown murderers paedophiles and rapist, let alone the thieves that have entered our back yards and we know diddly squat about who they are and where there are.

Enough is enough time to get TOUGH because the people are calling for it LOUD and clear, yet the remain camp still to waffle on about the country financial stability.

Remain need to start listening to their CUSTOMERS.

larus

I think your position is the same as mine, as you said in your original post: "people see immigration everywhere. They see in in house prices; they see it waiting times at doctors; they see in in school places. Some of this may be anecdotal, but it's tangible. The problem is the the Remain is all projection. The immigration is real and impacts people's lives. I agree that some immigration is good for the economy, but the numbers which we have had over the past 10-12 years (around 10m people) are just too many."

I personally am in 100% agreement with that statement of yours, and if there was a solution that saw a significant reverse in immigrant numbers I could consider voting Leave. However I believe that we will not see a decrease in the number of immigrants already here once we have exited the EU, and the statements from many other Brexiteers on this thread, such as pastafarian, acknowledge that. With that in mind I have no hesitation in voting Remain because of the good the EU does in other areas of our lives.

I see 2 on going problems. Further immigration and the lack of democracy.
Within the EU, there is no way to stop 150,000-200,000 EU citizens coming every year if they want.
We do not elect (nor can we unelect) the Commisioners nor the President. This stinks of nepotism the whole way through; abuse of expenses (far worse than that which caused the outcry in the UK), and jobs for the boys. Even Neil bloody Kinnock is earning nearly £2m pa.

larus

NATO is the only deterrent to Russian aggression. Of the EU countries only France and the UK could put a credible all-arms force into the field.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It amazes me the amount of people fooled by the concept that the EU has created peace in Europe. It's NATO providing the umbrella - mainly backed by US money.

This WILL NOT CHANGE because we aren't voting on NATO, or Europe, just the (abuse of) political power by the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here