Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This has been argued to death and already put to bed. Most sane people have moved on from that.

Why are they still telling lies, then.

If it has been argued to death and put to bed on this thread, I haven't taken a great deal of notice of this thread up to now, and probably won't from here on in either.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If I presented you with 10 economists of equal standing advising you on which path to take and 9 said this way and 1 said that way, which path would you follow?

I would ask what the financial value to them was of their place at the trough. I wouldn't expect an honest answer though.

But never mind. Your blind faith in your heroes is quite touching in a way.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The crazy thing is - if we vote Brexit, there will definitely NOT be any noticeable reduction in immigration. We will either (a) negotiate access to the Single Market and therefore continue to have free movement of people, or (b) we will go completely our own way, and Non-EU immigration will rise to fill the gap. This is the cruel economic reality. The likes of Boris and Gove won't tell you this, because it would destroy their only real argument for a Brexit. However, after the vote things will be VERY different.....

Boris and Gove arnt telling anyone this because its mental.
a fully controlled border would reduce the immigration figures.

if immigration was really going to increase at the same rates year on year even with controls like you say,why are people moaning and saying how will we fill NHS jobs with a brexit........cake and eat it springs to mind

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
...another if/but/maybe from a Remainer... who knows mate, I deal in what is,... not what may be.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fine, if you want it in black and white, every company that moved did so because they saw an economic benefit to do so. Exactly the same reason why James Dyson took his manufacturing to Malaysia!!!!

Is that simple enough.

The whole point of the referendum is to vote on 'what if'. What if we stay, what if we leave.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It was a joke back to Ernest given his statement about students. Bloodyhell mate, you should give this thread a rest perhaps, try to get your sense of humour back.

I'm fine, just get tired of the continual putting down of our youth and our citizens......the immigrants do this, they do these jobs etc, you keep bigging them up and i will try the same with our people.
Seems to be a left trait to stick up for everyone bar English...then British.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Exactly, maybe there is a time difference in Southampton.....like about a week.

............... maybe I just haven't read any of it.......... All this thread seems to be is people chasing their own tails running round in circles. It's not worth the brain space, because everyone involved on both sides (including me) is already entrenched in their views.

And I have already postal voted, so I can't change my mind anyway.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just about matches up with the fanciful nonsense created by the Brexiteers, then, like that it costs us £350,000,000 per week to belong to the EU. The rest of the world knows that is a ridiculous overstatement, but they keep it, or something similar, on the side of the Battlebus, and Iain Duncan-Smith was repeating it on the radio yesterday morning.

Im struggling to understand why the remain camp are making such a MASSIVE deal about the precise exact amount we pay into the EU when its such a miniscule element in the whole wider picture.
Its relentless, every debate they try and swing issues back onto this very sole subject. Its as though they have simply run out of answers on everything else.
£35 million a day?£25 million a day?£20 million a day? who fracking cares in the grand scheme of things. The correct amount is obscenely massive whatever it is.

When this figure is put alongside the value of Democracy, Sovereignty, Accountability, Security, the burden of uncontrolled EU immigration on infrastructure and quality of life it becomes what it is …….a pointless, meaningless and inconsequential economic statistic.

£1 a day let alone millions per day is too much to be a member of this disgusting filth.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
............... maybe I just haven't read any of it.......... All this thread seems to be is people chasing their own tails running round in circles. It's not worth the brain space, because everyone involved on both sides (including me) is already entrenched in their views.

And I have already postal voted, so I can't change my mind anyway.

Likewise.
Vote Out

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Fine, if you want it in black and white, every company that moved did so because they saw an economic benefit to do so. Exactly the same reason why James Dyson took his manufacturing to Malaysia!!!!

Is that simple enough.

The whole point of the referendum is to vote on 'what if'. What if we stay, what if we leave.

Why is James Dyson on the brexit side then ????

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I think we're in a situation where too many people are prepared to roll the dice thinking that things couldn't really be worse could they? It's the sort of thing that gets done once in a generation and in hindsight the gamblers wish they never had. Unfortunately, this wrong can't be put right. No good will come of an exit.

There are many things that need correcting in the EU, but on balance we should stay in. People are using The EU as the bogeyman to lay all the frustrations and fears at. It won't change anything. We'll still have a skills crisis; we'll be faced with increased overheads and bureaucracy in the form of new tariffs; we'll still need immigration to just serve the basic needs of an aging population; we'll weaken a major trading partner meaning less growth for both and more volatility.

The vast majority of intelligentsia are warning against Brexit, but people want to give the establishment a bloody nose. Forget the consequences of the pain we'll all feel - we'll have been able to give the politicians a hiding. Unfortunately, as some have said, it won't be the rich that truly have to live with the consequences.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

"The vast majority of intelligentsia are warning against Brexit"...........the contempt you have for the British working class is seeping out here Tory boy.

The vast majority of the intelligentsia coalesced behind the banks and financial services industry that the taxpayers had to bail out in 2008.

The ones we must keep our eyes on are those that call themselves the intelligentsia.............its actually code for utter Tory c@nts.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Im struggling to understand why the remain camp are making such a MASSIVE deal about the precise exact amount we pay into the EU when its such a miniscule element in the whole wider picture.
Its relentless, every debate they try and swing issues back onto this very sole subject. Its as though they have simply run out of answers on everything else.
£35 million a day?£25 million a day?£20 million a day? who fracking cares in the grand scheme of things. The correct amount is obscenely massive whatever it is.

When this figure is put alongside the value of Democracy, Sovereignty, Accountability, Security, the burden of uncontrolled EU immigration on infrastructure and quality of life it becomes what it is …….a pointless, meaningless and inconsequential economic statistic.

£1 a day let alone millions per day is too much to be a member of this disgusting filth.

It's the only argument they have. Everything else is irrelevant to them. They want to harp on that Brexit 'lied'. Doesn't work on most people it seems.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Is that simple enough.

Correct

If we stay will I still have bills to pay. Yes
If we leave will I still have bills to pay. Yes

If we stay will our government still crush the poor so the rich get richer. Yes
If we leave will our government still crush the poor so the rich get richer. Yes

If we leave with services still be cut. Yes
If we stay will services still be cut. Yes

If we leave will companies still avoid paying millions in tax. Yes
If we stay will companies still avoid paying millions in tax. Yes

If we leave will more affordable houses be built. No
If we stay will me affordable houses be built. No

If we leave will people still want to come here and get here. Yes
If we stay will people still want to come here and get here. Yes

If we stay will people still need their plumbing done. Yes
If we leave will people still need their plumbing doing. Yes

= voting won't really change much after all.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Is that simple enough.

Surely Dyson moved to Malaysia because he was sick of the restrictions of working from a country within the EU, now the shackles and rules are off. So he left Europe and hopes we leave as well.....that is why he supports Brexit...that simple.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Correct

If we stay will I still have bills to pay. Yes
If we leave will I still have bills to pay. Yes

If we stay will our government still crush the poor so the rich get richer. Yes
If we leave will our government still crush the poor so the rich get richer. Yes

If we leave with services still be cut. Yes
If we stay will services still be cut. Yes

If we leave will companies still avoid paying millions in tax. Yes
If we stay will companies still avoid paying millions in tax. Yes

If we leave will more affordable houses be built. No
If we stay will me affordable houses be built. No

If we leave will people still want to come here and get here. Yes
If we stay will people still want to come here and get here. Yes

If we stay will people still need their plumbing done. Yes
If we leave will people still need their plumbing doing. Yes

= voting won't really change much after all.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Except we can vote those we are not happy with OUT......not so with the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here