Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"know"? we thought we knew which way the original referndum would go. damn risky way to try to avoid brexit imo.

Indeed it is, but having got here via a referendum, only a referendum can reverse it without someone calling foul. On the plus side, if there were a 2nd leave result, as much as I would not like it, it would be easier to take if it was made on the facts and understanding, and not the bull and bluster of 2 years ago.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It is not about avoiding it, it is about doing the correct, sensible and democratic thing.

let the MPs fix it through parliament.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
let the MPs fix it through parliament.

They may have to. All 27 EU nations have to agree to an extension if the UK wants to hold another referendum or GE.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They may have to. All 27 EU nations have to agree to an extension if the UK wants to hold another referendum or GE.

As mentioned previously (#65901) the EU have already said they would agree to an extension for another referendum (and a GE)

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
As mentioned previously (#65901) the EU have already said they would agree to an extension for another referendum (and a GE)

That article says they say they'll extend for a referendum but NOT a GE. I also wouldn't be surprised if there were one or more countries that refused to go along with the rest cos they're sick of all the bullshit.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I see the usual suspects are wetting themselves again after the latest round of projections from those ever-reliable chaps at HMG who predicted we should already have endured a year-long recession, 500,000 more unemployed etc :dunce::lolol::facepalm:

Its a pity it takes a foreigner like Carney to act like a true patriot and spell out the true risks to us all. They are worst case scenarios, failing to do this would be a dereliction of duty.

Meanwhile, the disaster capitalist Mogg is still having wet dreams about making a sh1t load out of no deal and shorting the markets.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That article says they say they'll extend for a referendum but NOT a GE. I also wouldn't be surprised if there were one or more countries that refused to go along with the rest cos they're sick of all the bullshit.

I would. The EU countries want the UK there, not only do we supply a big chunk of budget, but we're big enough to offset the German-French hegemony. Being English-speaking, we're also a useful bridge to the US - although with the giant Wotsit in charge, I'm not sure how important that is.

For the last two years, we've had country after country, official after official saying that we don't want the UK to go. That's not just for show.

Yes, they're getting a bit fed up now and wouldn't delay for the sake of it, but they certainly would for a referendum and I'm pretty sure they would for a GE.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I would. The EU countries want the UK there, not only do we supply a big chunk of budget, but we're big enough to offset the German-French hegemony. Being English-speaking, we're also a useful bridge to the US - although with the giant Wotsit in charge, I'm not sure how important that is.

For the last two years, we've had country after country, official after official saying that we don't want the UK to go. That's not just for show.

Yes, they're getting a bit fed up now and wouldn't delay for the sake of it, but they certainly would for a referendum and I'm pretty sure they would for a GE.

We generally valued for our pragmatic approach, a Europe with the UK is a safer Europe. A safer Europe is a safer and more progressive world....

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Surprised all the Euro-suckers aren't crowing about the European Space Agency experiment on the InSight Mars lander being such a success,although the Euro beach towel was ruled out by Merkel and Selmayr.

beach towel.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And I'm surprised you haven't claimed Mars is actually in America.

Might as well be.The USA are the only ones clever enough to land there.:D

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And in other news,Gove doing his bit for post-Brexit Anglo/French relations :lolol:

gove.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And in other news,Gove doing his bit for post-Brexit Anglo/French relations :lolol:
And yet, British fisherman who collectively voted to quit the EU (or more accurately the European Common Fisheries Policy) have seen the deal, and feel badly let down by it.

Imagine if we crash out though. Imagine if the worst case scenarios presented by the BoE and publications such as The Economist come to fruition. All these Brexit clowns will be quick to tell everyone it wasn't their fault our country went to the dogs - it'll be all those useless officials (in parliament)

Basically they'll turn into the political equivalent of Mark Hughes. Fcking shite and blaming everyone else. :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Might as well be.The USA are the only ones clever enough to land there.:D

I think that there's been roughly the same number of European and US landings on Mars, so I'm not sure how you work that out. There's even been a British mission.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here