Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The exit deal negotiated by this Brexit government cannot pass through the House. It threatens the break up of the UK and leaves this country with no input to Eu decision making whilst requiring us to abide by their laws. This wasn’t what was sold during the referendum. Vote it down, and take it back to the people.

during the transistion. anyone would think this is the final agreement the way everyone carries on, we have another 2+ years of this.

anyway, parliament has a choice, vote it through or vote is down and either go for leave without a deal or revoke article 50. they dont seem to have the courage to do the latter because its not the will of the people, looking at each other for a plan that means they can do that without actually looking like they did that. Labour want to force an election which will mean any new govenment has exactly the same problem to deal with. Brexiteers want to force a change of leader with the same basic outcome. Remainers want another referendum pretending it has more legitimacy than the first. MPs basically cant seem to make up their mind how to deal with this prehaps hope May will call it all off and let them off?

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, it’s my understanding that to get Mays deal, we have to sell Gibraltar and Northern Ireland down the river, and risk Scotland having and possibly winning another independence referendum, therefore breaking up the union.

All seems worth it now.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
we have another 2+ years of this.

It's going to be far more than that and whether you voted leave or remain therein lies the ongoing problem with this testicles. The Genie 'aint getting back in the bottle any time soon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So, it’s my understanding that to get Mays deal, we have to sell Gibraltar and Northern Ireland down the river, and risk Scotland having and possibly winning another independence referendum, therefore breaking up the union.

All seems worth it now.

Blue Passports, oh. and a slower queue when using them.:thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Folded as soon as they saw we have all the cards.

Exactly. They always needed us more than we needed them and German car manufacturers made their demands to Frau Merkel, as promised by Owen Paterson MP among others, and got us the red,white and blue Brexit/have our cake and eat it/mutually beneficial deal that was always going to happen, just to help it over the line. Ultimately they're foreign and we're British - inherent superiority, arrogance, ignorance, references to Empire, World War 2 and blind faith was always going to win the day.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Presumably if we lose Gibraltar/Northern Ireland/Scotland we will be able to fund our NHS instead of sending millions of pounds away; sounds good to me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Agree with your disdain for May but calling for unity is a bit rich coming from someone who has spent over two years posting remoaner drivel/cliches. Trying to accommodate two sides with diametrically opposing views (Leave or Stay) has partly lead us to where we are today. Not that I am excusing the piss poor way the Government has handled the negotiations but It's also the case that most of the remainers on here were calling for a second prize of the softest of soft brexit's, said no deal couldn't be an option and voted to limit/weaken the governments hand at the last GE (mission accomplished).

Are you suggesting that us remoaners (is that a cliche?) should all voted Tory to strengthen May's hand?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So the benefits so far of Brexit are blue passports printed in France that we won't be able to import if there is no deal, anything else ???

We’ve got our country back, (apart from the bits we’ll probably lose, cos they voted remain or we’re giving them away to get ‘a good deal’)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's one of the things that depresses me most about Brexit - I'm not an English nationalist. I was at Primary school with Scottish and Irish boys and girls.....I'm a 90/80 minute/1st day at Trent Bridge against Australia Englishman. I'm British. My British passport that I had to use on a daily basis in Africa mattered more for the nationality not the colour. I'm British. We're such a bunch of dicks.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Agree with your disdain for May but calling for unity is a bit rich coming from someone who has spent over two years posting remoaner drivel/cliches. Trying to accommodate two sides with diametrically opposing views (Leave or Stay) has partly lead us to where we are today. Not that I am excusing the piss poor way the Government has handled the negotiations but It's also the case that most of the remainers on here were calling for a second prize of the softest of soft brexit's, said no deal couldn't be an option and voted to limit/weaken the governments hand at the last GE (mission accomplished).

You seem to be criticising remainers because many of them regard a soft Brexit as the least-worst of the alternatives to their preferred outcome (no Brexit at all). But surely you too would regard a soft Brexit as least-worst of the alternatives to your own preferred outcome?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

This is now the only defence of Brexit left? Yes, I agree it's complete shit, but it's not entirely the fault of leavers?

As an excuse desperate, truly desperate.

So predictable and, being charitable, the fault entirely of the naive, gullible and stupid.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here