Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Whatever happens it's a limbo alright and it'll drag on-and-on into and through the 2020's and it's just a question of how much damage is done. I recall last year the Stoke City chairman Peter Coates saying we'll look back and say 'why did we do that?' Summed it up quite succinctly.
WOULDN'T NEED TO HAPPEN IF SOMEONE HAD THE BALL S TO RUFFLE THE UNDEMOCRATIC GRIZZLERS FEATHERS , LEAVE MEANS LEAVE, THAT'S WHAT THE VOTE WAS FOR, still struggling with that aren't you
regards
DR

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Or if we did 759 at once and they took a year each then all would be resolved in a year. Ridiculous and simplistic ? Yes. But no more than the suggested figures in that Tweet.

How many people does it take to negotiate a treaty, genuine question I don't know?

I guess it would vary. Also the time it takes is isn't necessarily governed by how many people we have working on a treaty or how hard they work. Also practically how many treaties can be worked on appropriately concurrently?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or if we did 759 at once and they took a year each then all would be resolved in a year. Ridiculous and simplistic ? Yes. But no more than the suggested figures in that Tweet.

Yes, and this sort of nonsense doesn't help the remain argument at all. As far as I'm concerned there already are plenty of arguments against Brexit without resorting to this sort of stupidity.

Jan 30, 2008
You really amaze me,managing to combine being a bore and a boor is pretty unique.Who do you think created the wealth of the last 40 years,and contribute massively by charity volunteering.You obviously have no idea of charity,so look it up.It comes between cant and c<nt.
he likes to do up Plooks shoe laces for him when he goes out
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How many people does it take to negotiate a treaty, genuine question I don't know?

I guess it would vary. Also the time it takes is isn't necessarily governed by how many people we have working on a treaty or how hard they work. Also practically how many treaties can be worked on appropriately concurrently?

Likewise I don't know but given the EU ( and it's previous guises ) has managed to agree 759 deals in just shy of 50 years it makes the 3800 and 600 year claims look rather stupid ..... or desperate.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
WOULDN'T NEED TO HAPPEN IF SOMEONE HAD THE BALL S TO RUFFLE THE UNDEMOCRATIC GRIZZLERS FEATHERS , LEAVE MEANS LEAVE, THAT'S WHAT THE VOTE WAS FOR, still struggling with that aren't you
regards
DR

Grim realities beginning to appear on the horizon. I was a staunch remainer, but for idiots like you I really do not give a fxxk anymore if you refuse to listen to reasoned arguments. You will be hung by your own petard.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, and this sort of nonsense doesn't help the remain argument at all. As far as I'm concerned there already are plenty of arguments against Brexit without resorting to this sort of stupidity.
that's not what 17+Million people said at the BALLOT BOX, deal with it :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Grim realities beginning to appear on the horizon. I was a staunch remainer, but for idiots like you I really do not give a fxxk anymore if you refuse to listen to reasoned arguments. You will be hung by your own petard.
seeing is believing , it's like we're going back to the dark ages eh , i'm optimistic
regards
DR

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I'm not sure that it's entirely nonsense: the issue, as I understand it, is that the UK doesn't have enough negotiators who are skilled in international trade. They obviously have some - who have been working with the EU - but nowhere near enough to negotiate 700+ deals. While four a year may be ludicrous, I'd been surprised if they could do a 100 a year, but I really don't know (and I suspect the government doesn't really know either).

We also don't know how long they'd take: some could probably be done in a few weeks, some will take years.

There are going to be a lot of very lawyers by the end of it all

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Likewise I don't know but given the EU ( and it's previous guises ) has managed to agree 759 deals in just shy of 50 years it makes the 3800 and 600 year claims look rather stupid ..... or desperate.

It's actually 66 years since the first European treaty.

Yes, I do think those claims of 3800 years are dumb but you're forgetting that teams of European negotiators could be drawn from 27 countries (or 13 from the EU). The UK has to draw its from just one.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

The Canadian Government had circa 500 people working just on CETA with the EU. That took 10 years in terms of negotiation and the ratification of it.

I believe The Department of International Trade headed by Dr Liam Fox are at circa 800 in terms of head count for actual trade negotiators to negotiate and replace the existing 759 deals.

I'm sure it'll probably be okay. We're British. :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[tweet]1055363460291272704[/tweet]
All part of Putin's hybrid warfare attack on us, so hardly a surprise. Ruining the country, and thus trashing our military spending is all in the plan.

His similar attack on the US is going well, but he failed for now vs France.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
that's not what 17+Million people said at the BALLOT BOX, deal with it :rolleyes:
regards
DR
Your inability or unwillingness to meaningfully engage with others is quite astonishing. Your contribution to this community pretty much amounts to gushing over the casual scene (and by extension, disorder and hooliganism) and then boorishly gloating over the Brexit vote without contributing anything meaningful whatsoever. If you are like this in real life, I do wonder whether your kids consider you their hero, and if they do, whether they'll grow up themselves one day and realise what a pointless little man you are.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
All part of Putin's hybrid warfare attack on us, so hardly a surprise. Ruining the country, and thus trashing our military spending is all in the plan.

His similar attack on the US is going well, but he failed for now vs France.

Presumably this makes us very weak at the moment? How can we react to events like the use of Russian nerve agents on UK soil (or the killing of Jamal Khashoggi), without then receiving this kind of response.

This is another point raised pre-brexit coming to fruition, i.e. the UK losing international influence. We have lost a large chunk of our leverage.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It is tongue in cheek but when was a treaty ever negotiated in a year?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's those ridiculous simplistic arguments that annoy me.

There are good arguments on either side of the debate, but to suggest we are quids in because of MEP salaries is utter nonsense.

Far outweighed (for years) by the money spent by UK business to put contingency plans in place. Consultants and Solicitors have been raking it in.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

It's ridiculous ,simplistic idiots that annoy me.

cant.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here