Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pretty sure the bus did not say POSSIBLY. Also, what is wrong with mentioning the downsides of something? It is a possibility that those things would go if we left, as is happening now with such a two faced government.

Neither did it promise the £350m to the NHS .... go and read the wording.

But you stated the vote WASN'T about leaving the SM, the CU or ending FoM so why mention the downsides of something we weren't voting about ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Those are fine. Carry it out in the normal manner and not piggy backed with brexit.

It will be carried out in the normal manner and freedom of movement will end officially via parliamentary legislation and a new immigration bill,

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Because even if I did you would not believe it. You just wabt to think I am sat at home ******* into an eu flannel while waiting for my avocado toast to be ready (which is why I can not afford a house or some bullshit).

No fair enough - kind of confirms you just grizzle on here then. Hopefully you enjoyed the WH match ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm telling you how it is ..... you're the one deciding to stick your head in the sand. You've stated dozens of times 'it wasn't on the ballot paper' but it doesn't change the situation or what is happening. I assume you enjoyed the march at the weekend ?

I may just have to find the video footage of Nigel Farage talking about Norway again pre Referendum. I must have posted it here several times already. Out of the EU, but with FOM, SM and CU.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I may just have to find the video footage of Nigel Farage talking about Norway again pre Referendum. I must have posted it here several times already. Out of the EU, but with FOM, SM and CU.

Feel free. And I will yet again tell you I don't agree with him. Only because he campaigned for leave doesn't mean I agree with him on everything. You know that don't you ? I'm sure whatever party you voted for at the last election you didn't agree with all their manifesto ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
FFS. Not as part of the brexit stuff. Look, whatever, you are clearly just a government licker who will not see anything wrong in what they do.

How can I be a government licker when I didn't vote Tory at the last election :facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Well you seem very happy with them pushing through any old bullshit under the guise of brexit.

Really, you are very hard work. OK, let's accept your argument that because leaving the SM, the CU and removing FoM weren't on the ballot paper means doing so is invalid. You agree with that yes ?

So do you think this question would mean we should stay in the SM, CU and FoM and the EU ?

"Do you think that the United Kingdom should stay in the European Community?"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You would have to provide a definition of "European community".

that would have been defined in the vote to join. do you recall when that vote was and what it defined?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
that would have been defined in the vote to join. do you recall when that vote was and what it defined?

Shhhh ..... don't give him a clue :wink: ..... otherwise he'll notice the vote didn't explicitly say about staying in the SU and CU ! But I bet he thinks it was a valid vote.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Crikey, your argument that Farage wants us to have a Norway arrangement and stay in the single market includes an interview(pre referendum) in which he clearly states he doesn’t want to be members of the single market or have Norway status, nice editing too to cut parts……and how did you conclude having a Norway deal means being in the customs union.

a masterclass in how editing like that gets caught out and blown out the water

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
It is not. You have deliberately chosen a wording that you can twist to mean anything you want. What do you mean by it? Then I will answer.

I didn't choose the wording ..... the UK government did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here