Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'll summarise the bunkum article so others don't have to bother reading it. Some journalists desperate to get published have theorised that remainers are somehow experiencing some sort of collective PTSD. It's a load of diversionary hokum. Entertaining enough but not to be taken seriously.
In the spirit of friendship and reconciliation to the unhappy remainers on here, a word of warning; don't take seriously this summary from someone who either
a). hasn't read the article properly, or
b). didn't understand it.
His profile is depicted on there so completely accurately that even his mother would recognise him from it!

OK chaps, pax over - pistols at dawn tomorrow as usual. :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've read it but I'm not sure you have, or possibly you don't understand it. For starters there is no mention of psychiatrists, you might want to read it again as your comprehension is poor.
Clinical psychologists. Damn predictive texts..................

PS Do you seriously not recognise yourself in that article? I mean, seriously?

Wow!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You know what? - I can recognise every remainer on here in that article (which is excellent and well researched, BTW). Strangely though, it's a penny to a pound hat none of them, even if they can read the whole article without apoplexy (or without giving up after two paragraphs because it's just more Brexit lies) will recognise their behaviour - which the article has got to a tee.
How exciting! Which line in the article pinpoints me do you feel?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You won't believe some of the crap your predictive text has been putting in over the last 2 years. It's made you look a right idiot :p

Well, you don't believe anything except what you and your fellow remoaners spout. But I won't sink to calling fellow NSCers idiots.

....except when it's deserved, of course....... :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In the spirit of friendship and reconciliation to the unhappy remainers on here, a word of warning; don't take seriously this summary from someone who either
a). hasn't read the article properly, or
b). didn't understand it.
His profile is depicted on there so completely accurately that even his mother would recognise him from it!

OK chaps, pax over - pistols at dawn tomorrow as usual. :thumbsup:

So you have basically come down to "Remainers are psychologically disturbed". Do excuse us if nobody takes you seriously.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Says the guy who said there’s no way we’d leave without a deal. Now he’s saying is we have no deal we’d be screwed.

Doh! Both can’t be right, unless you live in the world of remainers. :lol:

I've always said we don't have time to implement a WTO 'no deal'

Still believe that we can trade under WTO rules and tariffs with no borders or customs ?

Before you embarrass yourself further - have a little listen to someone experienced in international trade deals

[tweet]1032598864455454720[/tweet]

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A few slightly more balanced psychological theories about Brexit, voters etc. Not all in favour of remainers I might add but certainly more balanced than that Remain bashing opinion piece posted earlier.

"The attacks and denigration which followed have been highly successful in selling newspapers, despite or actually because of causing ever increasing divisions between the angry and the scared. This is because dichotomisation plays to what the Brexit vote was actually about – a desire for certitude in the face of a backcloth of anxieties, a sense of belonging to a group ideal. Globalisation, the financial meltdown, primitive anxieties about whether we have enough to go around, and the projective object par excellence of the immigrant are all likely suspects here. These factors produced a terrain where Leave leaders were able to sell a narrative of unshackling ourselves from EU oppressors, to “take back control”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...oaners-bregret-leave-psychology-a7655276.html

https://thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/brexit-poll

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/one-among-many/201606/the-personality-brexit-voters

http://time.com/4381837/brexit-psychology/

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Clinical psychologists. Damn predictive texts..................

PS Do you seriously not recognise yourself in that article? I mean, seriously?

Wow!

If you think my, and others, dislike for Brexit is based on irrational feelings of anxiety/lack of control/inability to appreciate why others voted for Brexit, then you are wrong.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Says the guy who said there’s no way we’d leave without a deal. Now he’s saying is we have no deal we’d be screwed.

Doh! Both can’t be right, unless you live in the world of remainers. :lol:

Perfectly intelligent reaction and adaption to emerging information.

larus

I've always said we don't have time to implement a WTO 'no deal'

Still believe that we can trade under WTO rules and tariffs with no borders or customs ?

Tell you what, I will answer your question, and then I will ask you a question and see if you actually have the courage to answer.

So, my answer.

Yes I do. I’m not saying there won’t be disruption, and some of this disruption will be caused by spite/self-preservation from the EU as they know that if we are seen to be successful outside of the EU, then this will cause other countries enduring hardship to question if they would be better outside. There will be short-term and medium term impacts, but this is not something which can be viewed over a timescale of weeks and months, and should be viewed over years (I’m not saying the initial impacts will last years as that clearly not the case).

So, my question for you (apologies, it’s really 2 questions).

Do you accept that, after a period of disruption, that people/companies/government will adjust to the new reality and work out solutions to the issues, notwithstanding that some will be more complex than others to resolve?

Also, do you accept that as we are starting from a position of regulatory alignment, that recognising each other’s standards should be easy (and if not recognised, then this proves intent to cause issues)?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you think my, and others, dislike for Brexit is based on irrational feelings of anxiety/lack of control/inability to appreciate why others voted for Brexit, then you are wrong.
I don't think so (neither do the highly qualified psychologists, although they are dealing with the general, not the specific individual). But I would agree that the only possible resolution of this is agreeing to differ.
That (as your chums in Brussels would say) is the best deal you're going to get!

larus

But you (or remainers) think that Brexit voters voted leaves because they are thick or racist. Remainers can’t seem to understand that many Brexit voters just don’t like their laws to be dictated by unelected technocrats, who have an ultimate goal of a country called Europe with no national identity.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tell you what, I will answer your question, and then I will ask you a question and see if you actually have the courage to answer.

So, my answer.

Yes I do. I’m not saying there won’t be disruption, and some of this disruption will be caused by spite/self-preservation from the EU as they know that if we are seen to be successful outside of the EU, then this will cause other countries enduring hardship to question if they would be better outside. There will be short-term and medium term impacts, but this is not something which can be viewed over a timescale of weeks and months.

So, my question for you (apologies, it’s really 2 questions).

Do you accept that, after a period of disruption, that people/companies/government will adjust to the new reality and work out solutions to the issues, notwithstanding that some will be more complex that others to resolve?

Also, do you accept that as we are starting from a position of regulatory alignment, that recognising each other’s standards should be easy (and if not recognised, then this proves intent to cause issues)?

I assume that you are talking about a 'no deal' exit.

1. You cannot implement WTO rules and tariffs if you don't have borders or customs. How the hell do you collect our tariffs with no borders or customs ?

2. I would guess that after a period of disruption with the political will, adjustments to some new reality could be achieved if the politicians weren't at war trying to save their skins.

3.We currently operate under WTO rules as part of the EU. Are you suggesting that we commit to maintaining full regulatory alignment with the EU for all our new WTO relationships (which we have yet to negotiate)?

You obviously think you know about the way WTO operates and you will not accept me telling you that you are wrong. Listen to the clip I sent you as it would stop you asking some of these questions :facepalm:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hmm. Making out that if you voted remain you are mentally ill. Rather sinister in fact. Luckily most rational people will see through these ridiculous and offensive accusations. It's all very Trump when he tries to rubbish his critics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here