Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The thing is the answer to your questions is irrelevant as we will almost certainly not be leaving with ‘no deal’ in March; that is the least likely scenario IMO. We are far more likely to fully remain, than go for the no deal .

No deal is probably also significantly less likely to happen than Ppf and his other goons suddenly transforming into considerate, respectful and erudite posters who take the time to answer you questions.

To be fair, even if they transformed into considerate, respectful and erudite posters, what realistic answer could they possibly give to those questions ?

What do you think the chances are of any Brexit supporting poster, attempting an answer to any one of those questions :wink:

(With the exception of larus, who claims he has read the small print and thinks we don't need borders, customs, systems or staff for WTO trade)

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
To be fair, even if they transformed into considerate, respectful and erudite posters, what realistic answer could they possibly give to any one of those questions ?

Which is why they do not answer the questions. They have thin skins. They could not stand to be seen as wrong on anythng. The questions scare them.
For Brexiteers, its about saving face. Not the country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The weather will have had an affect too, as well as the issues at Euro-tunnel. If there are shortages at the distribution depots, due to logistical delays in the supply chain, the store deliveries don't get spread out across the HGV's, it's just a case of hit-and-miss as to what actually comes in on a scheduled delivery. Most, if not all, Sainsbury's in Sussex for example for fresh produce would be supplied by just 2 supply depots at Dartford and Basingstoke. I'd never seen a supermarket as poorly stocked on fresh produce on a Saturday morning before as what I saw though.

We have a system of Just In Time in order to reduce costs for the big supermarkets so they can maximize their profits.. so we have a little over 2 years in order to become self sufficient in produce with dwindling subsidy's for farmers and reductions in cheap farm labourers/pickers from Europe.... of course everything will be fine, Mr Gove has said so !:rotlf:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Which is why they do not answer the questions. They have thin skins. They could not stand to be seen as wrong on anythng. The questions scare them.
For Brexiteers, its about saving face. Not the country.

Dave, Totally random question: Were you a caller on LBC radio last night? It's just that a 'Dave' with a British accent from Czech called into a programme I was listening to and he was a remainer! I'm not getting involved in a political squabble but just wondered if it was you? :D

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They are the least British people in Britain. In it for themselves and not for the country. As long as they were right they don't care, and if it goes wrong: blame remainers.

Ohhh .... look at you ! I assume you've lost your calculator ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dave, Totally random question: Were you a caller on LBC radio last night? It's just that a 'Dave' with a British accent from Czech called into a programme I was listening to and he was a remainer! I'm not getting involved in a political squabble but just wondered if it was you? :D

Not me mate

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It never makes it right, but to single out one because of your political bias is a bit stupid.
You forgot to tell what happens to the country if the it leaves the EU without a deal. How will it affect trade etc?
You know.. that thing you voted for. I cant believe you dont know what you voted for, so be brave.

You seem a bit scared to answer when asked.

Nice swerve.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We have a system of Just In Time in order to reduce costs for the big supermarkets so they can maximize their profits.. so we have a little over 2 years in order to become self sufficient in produce with dwindling subsidy's for farmers and reductions in cheap farm labourers/pickers from Europe.... of course everything will be fine, Mr Gove has said so !:rotlf:

Don't forget, we only get 2 years with Theresa's soft Brexit deal. With the 'no deal' that all the Brexiteers on here are calling for we have 7 months !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nice swerve.

You've got a fair number of questions to choose from

What do you think we should do about the US, New Zealand and Brazil turning down our WTO quota requests already ?

And what proportion of the WTO do you think will find issues with our submission over the next 90 days ?

When do you think we should start building the border and customs posts in Northern Ireland ?

And how much lead time will we need to build the lorry parks at Dover and the other ports ?

When should we start on the requirements analysis to start building the IT systems to run the new WTO rules and Tariffs ?

How many extra customs and administrative staff do you think we will need and when should we start recruiting and training them ?

Any views on any one of them ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't forget, we only get 2 years with Theresa's soft Brexit deal. With the 'no deal' that all the Brexiteers on here are calling for we have 7 months !

There HAS to be the 2 year transition at least. We have next to no chance of agreeing anything in 7 months with the loons on our negotiating team.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

What do you think we should do about the US, New Zealand and Brazil turning down our WTO quota requests already ?

And what proportion of the WTO do you think will find issues with our submission over the next 90 days ?

When do you think we should start building the border and customs posts in Northern Ireland ?

And how much lead time will we need to build the lorry parks at Dover and the other ports ?

When should we start on the requirements analysis to start building the IT systems to run the new WTO rules and Tariffs ?

How many extra customs and administrative staff do you think we will need and when should we start recruiting and training them ?

I wish they'd hurry up, I rather fancy a job as a Customs Inspector... especially if I can bag one at Newhaven.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There HAS to be the 2 year transition at least. We have next to no chance of agreeing anything in 7 months with the loons on our negotiating team.

The only way the EU will grant the 21 month extension to our EU membership (sorry - transition :rolleyes:) will be if we agree a deal with them.

No deal means no transition. Everything has to be in place for 31st March 2019. It really is getting so blatantly ridiculous now isn't it :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The only way the EU will grant the 21 month extension to our EU membership (sorry - transition :rolleyes:) will be if we agree a deal with them.

No deal means no transition. Everything has to be in place for 31st March 2019. It really is getting so blatantly ridiculous now isn't it :lolol:

It's worse than I feared... looks like I have time for one more beer run to Belgium then... take back all me crates and empties for the deposits and just buy non crated beers.:facepalm:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Morrisons in Worthing was wiped out of a lot of fresh produce Sunday before last, no salad stuff other than a few organic cues and no Banana's and very few Oranges left... maybe its a weather thing ?

No surely it's all to do with Brexit and nothing to do with the heatwave that has hit the whole continent. Brexit also account for the lack of rainfall as well.
Meanwhile borrowing is down again with record employment also reported in case you missed it

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No surely it's all to do with Brexit and nothing to do with the heatwave that has hit the whole continent. Brexit also account for the lack of rainfall as well.
Meanwhile borrowing is down again with record employment also reported in case you missed it

So another of our 'No deal' Brexiteers turns up

Jan 30, 2008

as they are draft proposals there's always room for flexibility, as per the other questions maybe contact the people that get paid to sort those issues out, no point trying to point score ......….HOPE THAT HELPS...………. we're on our way, bye bye EU
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
as they are draft proposals there's always room for flexibility, as per the other questions maybe contact the people that get paid to sort those issues out, no point trying to point score ......….HOPE THAT HELPS...………. we're on our way, bye bye EU
regards
DR

Oh bless! I didnt expect you to try and answer these. You're right there are people who figure this stuff out. They are called 'grown ups'

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Well it's all about negotiating a deal. Most are not agreed at 1st base. I'm sure deals will be agreed with those nations. Scare stories don't bother Me no matter how many times you type them. A no deal is bad news for both sides and I'm sure an agreement will be secured as Barnier is desperate for his blood money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here