Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's little to celebrate

The reality is Brexit has left households £900 p.a worse off. Just because because the economy didn't collapse after the Brexit vote, it doesn't mean it would be painless for struggling families.

Seems there are some smug leavers on here on defined benefit pensions who clearly don't give a sh1t. I'm alright jack...

And how do you work that out ??? . I'm better off

Interesting. How come you’re better off?

Good pay rises. 3.4k over 3yrs

As a result of Brexit? (Genuine question).

Have always got pay rises above the inflation rate. Good union I suppose

Comedy Gold :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes but most generalise too much on here when it's just not true. From both sides I hasten to add

I think it’s accurate to say the majority of the country are worse off now than they were pre-Brexit. And this is not just in wages and living cost terms. Health care is suffering, schools are suffering, councils are stripping back services to the bone, transport is a total and utter joke.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think it’s accurate to say the majority of the country are worse off now than they were pre-Brexit. And this is not just in wages and living cost terms. Health care is suffering, schools are suffering, councils are stripping back services to the bone, transport is a total and utter joke.

Errmmm does Austerity ring a bell ??? Nothing to do with Brexit. Just a convenient excuse for the blame. Is the EU austerity measures due to Brexit, quantitative easing which they are still applying

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Quite. For me, if these cuts continue they will affect my work. As in I could be out of a job. I will concede however that the cuts, under a Tory government could well have occurred anyway at some point but if, IF it does come to me losing my job the the Brexit climate is going to make it a lot harder to get by. It would not be a good time to be unemployed. More likely I would keep my job but be relocated, after years of working to live in my ideal town, get qualified to do the job I love and generally get to a place I’m happy it is now on the line. And I’m certain I’m not the only one in this precarious position.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Our friend [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION] is in construction according to his profile. A visit to this uncovered that we share the game as our favourite - the match at Anfield when we dispatched the mighty Reds from the FA Cup. To digress even further it made me wonder how we use our NSC profile; what we say about ourselves, what we don't say and how we say it. There's a thesis to be written on this.
:thumbsup:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

This is All the fault of Brexit HT?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wonder if the mods could merge this with the Trump thread,as it's dying out.Could get all the politics loons and conspiracy theorists in one place then-comedy gold.:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is All the fault of Brexit HT?

No. But Bexit clearly pays a part. I dread to think how much time and resource have been directed towards Brexit activities, time and resource which could have been spent on basic domestic needs like the ones I mention. Then there’s the money it’s cost. Maybe your mysterious job benefits from this malaise, most will not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite. For me, if these cuts continue they will affect my work. As in I could be out of a job. I will concede however that the cuts, under a Tory government could well have occurred anyway at some point but if, IF it does come to me losing my job the the Brexit climate is going to make it a lot harder to get by. It would not be a good time to be unemployed. More likely I would keep my job but be relocated, after years of working to live in my ideal town, get qualified to do the job I love and generally get to a place I’m happy it is now on the line. And I’m certain I’m not the only one in this precarious position.

Sadly, to some, from JRM and Boris down to the dusty and selfish pensioners on this thread, it’s just a game. It’s a game which doesn’t affect them but it’s a game which adds uncertainty and messes with people’s lives, their stability and their families. It’s disgusting. I hope everything works out for you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sadly, to some, from JRM and Boris down to the dusty and selfish pensioners on this thread, it’s just a game. It’s a game which doesn’t affect them but it’s a game which adds uncertainty and messes with people’s lives, their stability and their families. It’s disgusting. I hope everything works out for you.

Cheers Tubs, I shall be okay for the next while but it’s the uncertainty that does my head in.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Comedy Gold :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Jeez...

I'm alright jack, says it all. I'm probably no worse off (well in at least in GBP terms), but Brexit is about the whole of the UK to people from all walks of life.

For some its just ME ME ME ME

All for his strong Union, that doesn't quite match the Brexiteer idealogy of the future.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
There's little to celebrate

The reality is Brexit has left households £900 p.a worse off. Just because because the economy didn't collapse after the Brexit vote, it doesn't mean it would be painless for struggling families.

Seems there are some smug leavers on here on defined benefit pensions who clearly don't give a sh1t. I'm alright jack...

Not sure how you’re working this one out?I’m rolling in it,never had it so good,900 a month worse of....my arse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I doubt it will hurt me income wise, not so sure about my kids though, and has already cost one of my neighbours his job, another is waiting to find out if he makes the cut, both voted leave.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
No. But Bexit clearly pays a part. I dread to think how much time and resource have been directed towards Brexit activities, time and resource which could have been spent on basic domestic needs like the ones I mention. Then there’s the money it’s cost. Maybe your mysterious job benefits from this malaise, most will not.

Mysterious job? See post 55407. Couple of pages back.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I doubt it will hurt me income wise, not so sure about my kids though, and has already cost one of my neighbours his job, another is waiting to find out if he makes the cut, both voted leave.

So your neighbour is shite at his job,the other has been sussed and is getting the heave-ho and it’s all Brexits fault?
I’ve heard it all now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So your neighbour is shite at his job,the other has been sussed

Yours is a disgusting attitude to have. Don’t you have any sympathy for people losing their job?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here