Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Right, but my summary was correct. 3 remoaners, are still remoaners.

On a pedantic point, they only became remoaners after the referendum, but two of the guys are particularly well experienced in the processes of cross border trade and worth listening to, some of the issues raised would still apply if we just decide to leave the customs union and every thing else stays the same, although we should have more time to deal with that.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
View attachment 99347

Same every single time

Make stupid statement
Get questioned on background/facts/logic of statement
Insult everyone

....and repeat

:yawn:

Just make stuff up and believe it will all come true.

The ignorance must be bliss, I almost envy them.

Then if someone suggests it won’t come true just be obnoxious and find it all funny.

Win/Win. Simple.

Actually I really don’t envy them at all.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But if the NHS is getting all of the £350 million a week that we didn't used to send to the EU, the Farmers are getting their CAP payments, for a couple of years anyway, the DUP get their extra £billion for N.I., and we are having to employ thousands of extra Border staff, customs inspectors etc. forget where it used to come from, where is the money going to come from?

I think that the Tories have already said that there will be tax rises. At the moment, they're only talking about freezing the personal allowance and raising fuel duty but that's going to pay for it all, there's sure to be more to come

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When the site goes to HTTPS I might be persuaded to post some links.If my ban has finished!

Forgive me as I'm pages behind on this thread as I'm currently sunning myself in Cyprus BUT why does NSC not being HTTPS prevent you from posting links or indeed put you at risk ?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Just make stuff up and believe it will all come true.

The ignorance must be bliss, I almost envy them.

Then if someone suggests it won’t come true just be obnoxious and find it all funny.

Win/Win. Simple.

Actually I really don’t envy them at all.

If ignorance is bliss, Two Profs must be ecstatic.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But if the NHS is getting all of the £350 million a week that we didn't used to send to the EU, the Farmers are getting their CAP payments, for a couple of years anyway, the DUP get their extra £billion for N.I., and we are having to employ thousands of extra Border staff, customs inspectors etc. forget where it used to come from, where is the money going to come from?

We don't have any money ! That's why still have an " austerity " government.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On a pedantic point, they only became remoaners after the referendum, but two of the guys are particularly well experienced in the processes of cross border trade and worth listening to, some of the issues raised would still apply if we just decide to leave the customs union and every thing else stays the same, although we should have more time to deal with that.

Oh dear - Not only are they #remoaners, they're #experts too according the YouTube introduction. :rolleyes:

Brexit Britain is fed up with experts. These days we only listen to the bloke down the pub. So in this controlled experiment, we put three experts in a pub and recorded the results for your viewing pleasure.

Graham Hughes is the first (and so far only) person to visit every country in the world without flying. He knows his Aarhus from his El Salvador.

Jason Hunter is an international trade negotiator who has made deals around the world worth billions. His knowledge of the sector is as comprehensive as it is informed.

Ciaran Donovan is LBC's famous "White Van man", the guy who took on Jacob Rees-Mogg live on air. He's driven over a million miles around Europe, crossed every border. There's not much about logistics, cargo, shipping and just-in-time deliveries he doesn't know.

In this episode, we talk about the nitty-gritty of this "No Deal" Brexit people are currently getting either horrified or excited about, depending on how much attention they paid in school.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
still struggling with the fact we're leaving, you've had enough time to accept it, leave means leave that was the vote
regards
DR

They're in a blind panic now. Running around like headless chickens. Coming out with more 'facts ' to continue project fear. This will go wrong that will fail they scream from the rooftop. Quite funny to watch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Your post is gibberish, it really is.

1. Where am I 'whining'? Note: disagreeing with you or daring to question your claims, doesn't constitute whining.
2. Why did I need to 'specify' where the particular EU research grants come from? What point are you trying to make, exactly?
3. '2' is embarrassingly hypocritical given that the post you are reacting to, is one questioning your flaky (unspecified and unsubstantiated) claims about increased activity in those areas post-Brexit.
4. 'Poke my nose in'? To what exactly? YOUR debate? Do you have a list of who is allowed to contribute?

I try not to stoop to base level, but you really do come across as a bit of an arrogant cock.

This, although ignorant is the adjective I’d use.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They're in a blind panic now. Running around like headless chickens. Coming out with more 'facts ' to continue project fear. This will go wrong that will fail they scream from the rooftop. Quite funny to watch.

Its funnier to watch Brexiteers 'try' and offer something positive, when all around them its falling apart.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
still struggling with the fact we're leaving, you've had enough time to accept it, leave means leave that was the vote
regards
DR

As a remain voter I accepted the result as a democratic decision and while I had concerns about how we left the EU I accepted the will of the people.

However with every twist and turn, ministerial resignation, business relocating, reports that the leave campain cheated and so on
It's become a complete farce time for a rethink it I such a mess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here