Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sorry, I forgot that you are the one who wants to implement WTO with no borders or customs.

I think I've given my opinion on that already.

As if your opinion counts for anything :lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
waaaah.png

All you moaners have been SHOUTING your utter crap on here for so long,I think you are completely divorced from reality!

Meanwhile,in the real world,congratulations to Lewis Hamilton and Alex Lowes,proper Brits!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As if your opinion counts for anything :lolol:

No answers as per usual.

If I were in your position, I would go for insults, because there really isn't a lot else left for you, is there?

But I think we both know, I wouldn't ever get myself into your position :lolol:

Off out for dinner - fill yer and boots :bigwave:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps not with the MP's there at present.A fresh election fought on Leave/Remain lines would change the scene quite drastically.

Like last time?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Complete garbage. David Davis has been undermined the whole way through by Olly Robbins. Robbins started in the Brexit department, but was then seconded to No 10 to head up the ‘other’ department which was the one really doing the negotiations.

The whole way through the negotiations have been driven by Remainers. i know that Remainers like to blame this clusterf*ck on the leave voters, but the implementation has been done the Remainers who want to circumvent the will of the people.

I know you’ll pretend that you can’t see the facts, and being honest, I don’t bother much with this thread anymore as the Remainers (for obvious reasons), can’t ever see the simple fact that it’s remainers trying to implement Brexit. If they could at least admit that obvious fact, then it would give me some hope that logical debate could be had.

I’ll exclude HW Tackle in that wish, as senility appears to have taken over any sense he may have had in the past. Block him, Block him, Block him. Must be odd going on a football chat forum and just talking to yourself :lol:

Surely Brexit was about taking back control from the so undemocratic EU so oftern spouted by vote leave bring decision making back to the UK where everything is accountable to the voter, yet here we are negotiations a mess made a mess by Brexiteers and now you are saying it's the unaccountable non elected civil servants who are to blame! Give me strength many leave voters were at best miss led

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Tell me about this ability to do separate bi-lateral deals as an EU member, it might have saved all this trouble if we had known we could do this.

Perhaps you should ask Heiko Maas,the German Foreign Minister.

bilateral.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Like last time?

With a new leader who talks to UKIP, the Tories should walk it.Labour voters,many of whom voted for Brexit,have absolutely no idea of their Brexit policy and hardly anybody believes a word Cable mutters.With the on-going anti-semitism row fermenting quite happily,that's another section of voters available.All up in the air.I think a lot of people are fed up with the whole thing,but a charismatic leader with a clear policy vision should get a landslide.All hail the Moggfather!

brexit.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who sanctioned the vote? I didn't. No vote no supposed mess. Give people the freedom expect a bloody nose. Yet still you and others blame the voters who dared to vote leave responsible. Its a mess now as the heart of government charged with seeing it through have been against it since the result. It's been a half hearted driverless campaign since

Again, if you are saying we should never had a referendum, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

However, the only people that can be blamed for the outcome, the vote to leave, is the electorate. Cameron gave them (us) the gun and we decided to shoot (IMO ourselves in the head).

I shall now summarize:

1. After Blair got in the conservatives were screwed because Blair occupied the centre ground.

2. The conservatives have had an internal running battle over the EU since Major was PM, with the brexiters labeled '********' by Major.

3. Cameron and other tories had been trying to leverage votes against labour by tapping into the anti EU sentiment. They also needed to ensure that Farage didn't nick more tory votes (the perception was that the anti EU brigage were Thacherites, still creaming themselves over 'up yours Delors' and 'we want our money back').

4. A bit surprisd to be PM (the first time) Cameron made 'a referendum on the EU' a manifesto commitment in order to see off Milliband who opposed a referendum. It was simply a weaselly way of getting votes and second term as PM. It took him some years to work out what the ptions should be. In the end he went for 'in or out'.

5. Cameron didn't even think he'd win a second term. So when he did he was held to his election pledge. Anyway, he (and everyone else) thought he'd win. (I knew he'd lose and said so on NSC, for what its worth).

6. Once again, Cameron's prediction was wrong and this time he lost. So he flounced. As I have said before, he is Britain's worst ever PM. No principles, a high risk gambler who didn't know the odds, and too privately wealthy to actually give a shit. The ****.

But the people whose fault this is is the dead-mug-sheep floating voters who voted leave. It was obviously a pile of old bollocks. 'Getting back control', my absolute arse. The whole fiasco was on a par with eviction night on Big Brother. Shall we go for the one with the heartwarming story or the thick one with big tits?

'Resurrection? Yeah, I believe in that. I will vote for Resurrection!!!'

And the Brexit campaigns promised there would be virgins awaiting every man when we got to Brexit Heaven.

And yay, just over half the people did believe in these promises and. led by the golden haird messiah, Boris of ****, the all held hands, closed their eyes, and jumped off the cliff edge....

But yay, even then, there was a strong wind. A very strong wind. And the descent into who knows what was put on hold while the jumpers and their representatives start to argue with the neighbours they left back in the countries near the cliff edge about what life will be like when they hit the bottom.

'We want everything to be pretty much the same, but we don't want any of you lot in Heaven with us you foreign ********. We just want free trade. And that,'

And the strong wind still howls, but the voices of the people who live in the countries near the cliff edge become fainter, and these foreigners appear to be chatting amiably among themselves rather than with the jumpers....

(to be continued.....possibly)

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, I forgot that you are the one who wants to implement WTO with no borders or customs.

I think I've given my opinion on that already.

Mate, its like talking to the cat.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Us proud remainers always knew the day would come that the Leave voters would blame it all on others with particular venom directed at England's true patriots, the Remainers. Just as night follows day, tick follows tock and pastafarian follows me, Brexit fell apart and the blame follows. But, we shall weather the storm and come out good in the end. It's always darkest before dawn.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The thing is, the remain campaign said they would stubbornly stick to the rules they have formed over the last few decades and this was described as project fear by Leave, Leave campaign was saying they needed us more than we need them and it would be in their interests to bend to our will. It always was a fantasy that the EU would bend over backwards to facilitate Britain, there was a warning that this is how it would be, but the majority either chose to believe in the Leave assertion that they need us more than they need to keep the integrity of the single market and customs union, or didn't care how bad it would be as long as we were out.
To be fair, that's probably one of the most sensible contributions from a remainer for several hundred posts. Yes, we want out; maybe not an easy ride, but of course not nearly as difficult as Project Fear lied to us. The Government asked us what we wanted - we, the majority, told them; now it's up to the Government to deliver.
Incredibly, some desperate remoaners are even deluded enough to think that everybody who voted leave should have to come up with a detailed plan on how the leaving should be facilitated. So presumably they must think everybody who votes for tax cuts and the Tories in a General Election is required, personally and individually, to come up with an action plan on how the Government should actually reduce taxes..............

....................oh! That doesn't happen, does it..................

larus

I'm sure Theresa May will be fascinated to learn that in your world she was a vote leave campaigner.

And Hammond - no planning for No Deal from the treasury.
Plus Olly Robbins in effect, running the negotiations. At leat Teresa the Appeaser has had the courtesy to make this official now.

You can be certain that the establishment will be ramping up Project Fear over the next 6 months. There’s reports that the government has produced 70 technical reports which highlight the impact to the UK, but ignores the impact to the EU.

All we can hope is that the groundswell of anger from the leave voters feeds back to their MPs and they tell her that her capitulation to the EU is unacceptable. She is a disaster - always has been and as a natural Tory voter, I’ve never liked her. She needs removing asap.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nobody from any party, on any side of remain/leave could do a good job of Brexit because it is a fundamentally flawed concept.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cannot remember who it was on here yesterday who scoffed at my assertion that there is a far right wing movement trying to gain traction in Europe. Well, I think this goes some way to supporting that assertion. I'm sure there will be some that dismiss this as Project Fear but in my opinion it needs monitoring. This kind of co-ordinated infiltration takes advantage of the weaknesses in the democratic system and basically uses democracy against itself to gain power.
It could of course all fail and be a storm in a teacup. Or it could be the genesis of something really rather nasty. The people involved and their tactics certainly raise some red flags.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/29/farage-bannon-populists-eu-election

Of course, we must all bear in mind that it is rent-a-gob Nigel Farage who is announcing this and apart from helping to **** up the UK he is pretty much a non-entity. But then many henious sorts began as ineffectual no-marks.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here