Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My figures are based on the 2011 census. We obviously have had 5 whole years of Theresa May as Tory Home Secretary since then, presiding over her hostile environment on immigration and successfully running the 'tens of thousands' net migration target, such as 2015's 330,000+ figure, including 90,000 Tier 2 visas issued to non-EEA nationals by The Home Office, so I concede it could be higher now.

The only reason I queried it was because of the fantastic variances of figures guesstimating London's actual population-about as credible as ONS estimates.Could be anywhere between 8.6 million to 10.8 million,a slight difference.:thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Lying little toerag Esther McVey on the edge as she's been telling porkies in Parliament. Another Brexiter May will have to fight tokeep in her cabinet when they should be sacked.

She'll stay, you'd have to shoot someone to get sacked right now. Grovelling apology this lunchtime

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I agree that as much control as possible should be as local as possible, but clearly some things are best dealt with at the widest possible level. The referendum was just about maintaining the status quo though, it is in UK law that any further treaties or amendments of existing treaties would require a referendum to agree it before the UK could sign up, so if the status quo was OK with you, you voted the wrong way.

I was happy with the status quo pre-Lisbon treaty but not after. You and I will always disagree on this because you're happy with the concept of a federal Europe. I think there is truth in what you say about dealing with some things at a wider level and if this was a large company them it would be fine, but in the case of national governments I'm happy to deal with some inefficiencies if it means preserving democracy and the wider population's ability to kick out who governs them.

The next pro-EU government would've changed those LAWS pretty easily. For me the referendum is about shaping the long term, not just the next few years which will undoubtedly be a rollercoaster.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Vote Leave broke electoral law on 4 charges. Note the cynical press release by the BBC, when everyone is celebrating the England win (yes JC, I was waving my England flag) instead of allowing the Electoral Commission to publish their own results. A good day to publish bad news eh?

This should mean the referendum is null and void.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44704561?SThisFB

Sums up the mentality of many Brexiteers.....

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-schools-brexiteer-vote-leave-rules/

Did their parents actually teach them the difference between right and wrong?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Writing articles which aren't widely read. This should be reported and investigated on main tv channels.
:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:
Article 50 can be revoked at any time right up to March 29th. Yes, it was an act of Parliament but based on lies, and deceit.
The waters around Brexit just get murkier and murkier. UK democracy really is under attack, sadly the Tories have not helped
Sums up the mentality of many Brexiteers.....

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-schools-brexiteer-vote-leave-rules/

Did their parents actually teach them the difference between right and wrong?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's the same situation with Damien 'Tosser' Green and the rest, she will go but instead of looking strong and stable May will prolong it and make a mess of it. McVey's position is untenable and she will have to be sacked

If she'd mislead her department when applying for Universal Credit, assuming it's been rolled out in her area, an apology wouldn't suffice - they'd sanction her. She misleads Parliament and she gets away with it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's the same situation with Damien 'Tosser' Green and the rest, she will go but instead of looking strong and stable May will prolong it and make a mess of it. McVey's position is untenable and she will have to be sacked

2 years in power with an overall majority since 1997, done well haven't they?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well at least you admit you have no respect for the law

Neither does our government.

UK is member of the Venice commission. The Venice commission's Code on referenda states "In the event of a failure to abide by the statutory requirements, for instance if the cap on spending is exceeded by a significant margin, the vote must be annulled."

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Neither does our government.

UK is member of the Venice commission. The Venice commission's Code on referenda states "In the event of a failure to abide by the statutory requirements, for instance if the cap on spending is exceeded by a significant margin, the vote must be annulled."

Mummy mummy they won't listen. I'm going to squeam and squeam until I'm sick. The vote was 2yrs ago get over it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Mummy mummy they won't listen. I'm going to squeam and squeam until I'm sick. The vote was 2yrs ago get over it.

Yes I know you are dreaming of Trump's post truth version of democracy, and would like to see descent crushed. You're in the wrong country mate...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
May's waiting till Friday when she can have a MASSIVE sacking of her, Gove, Johnson, Davis, Fox and anyone other HEAD BANGER left

You need to take her up the Cliftonville and give her one of your big sausages ( if Big Hilda let's you being under the thumb of course ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here