Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There is no shock on the side of people who know how the EU works and they mostly want to get out. Your like HT, sniping and so dreadfully disparaging of this proud nation.

HT has an excuse in that he (apparently) lives in Germany, and sees some things from a Germanic perspective. It might look all hunky-dory from there at the moment (all those Syrian migrants that Merkel invited to go an re-populate East Germany heading straight for West Germany - and once they get an EU passport going wherever the hell they like), apart from the extreme right moving into centre stage.
Hamilton on the other hand ... ... ... ... ...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The traitor within more like. rid the country of your breed and we'd stand a decent chance of regaining what is rightfully ours,,,our sovereignty.

This is such a cliched response. Every independent analysis of our economy points to the need to remain in the EU. I've listed these on numerous posts. Equally, whilst I understand where the fears of immigration come from, there is ample evidence to demonstrate that we gain from immigration and need immigration - our skills crisis is ample evidence of that.

The 'traitors' (and I think that's a bit harsh personally) are those that wish to undermine our country's future and rob us of opportunities that exist by being a part of Europe.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I'm not giving up Hamilton. Personally I think you are a moron and therefore do not wish to engage with someone so nasty, sarcastic and simply juvenile. Post away. From now on your not worth my time. :tosser:

Mate he's simply not worth the time, he thinks he is clever with his dim wit remarks. he's just another brainwashed fool who lacks any real substance,

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If the EU Referendum was today.

HT has an excuse in that he (apparently) lives in Germany, and sees some things from a Germanic perspective. It might look all hunky-dory from there at the moment (all those Syrian migrants that Merkel invited to go an re-populate East Germany heading straight for West Germany - and once they get an EU passport going wherever the hell they like), apart from the extreme right moving into centre stage.

Has a brain.

Ps as does HT

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Where did he say that we'd stop trading? He said that if we are not able to negotiate trade to the level we currently have.

Implied. Clearly. Irrevocably.

So, if he is happy we can continue trading, what's the problem? Or does he really think trade would stop?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
This is such a cliched response. Every independent analysis of our economy points to the need to remain in the EU. I've listed these on numerous posts. Equally, whilst I understand where the fears of immigration come from, there is ample evidence to demonstrate that we gain from immigration and need immigration - our skills crisis is ample evidence of that.

The 'traitors' (and I think that's a bit harsh personally) are those that wish to undermine our country's future and rob us of opportunities that exist by being a part of Europe.

Yes i keep hearing that we gain so much from immigration yet our health service schools and pretty much everything else is in complete tatters. explain that.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes i keep hearing that we gain so much from immigration yet our health service schools and pretty much everything else is in complete tatters. explain that.

Do you know how much is spent on the health service every week compared to EU membership and tax receipts from EU nationals.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

HT should give up British nationality and take naturalisation in Germany. Why he doesn't I have no idea, oh wait, yes I do, self interest.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Well, if you think that this country having to institute a programme of QE, massive austerity and borrowing billions of pounds per year through Govt debt stock are indicative of economic success then no wonder you are voting remain.

Can you honestly justify why taxpayers in this country should service debt so that we can give it to the EU so they can spend it in other countries.

We are in a small select group of countries that pay more money in than we get back, for the countries that benefit with British taxpayers money the EU must be brilliant.

So, as ever the poor in this country lose out on that money to benefit corpulent farmers elsewhere in Europe..........unjustifiable.

QE was as a result of the world wide financial crash and would have happened if we were in the EU or not. The austerity policy was put forward to address the massive over spending of the previous Labour administration I don't recall that was the EU's fault- remember Labour left a note saying " there is no money left". Although, we are a rich country the 5th largest economy in the world, as we are repeatedly told by the leavers, should we not redistribute some of that wealth? So you think the money we save from the not being in the EU will be redistributed to the poor then you really are deluded! I bet your one of these people who think the International Aid Budget should be cut to! I think I see where you are coming from and its not very nice and quite repellent!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think so. That's a claim no right thinking person should ever make.

OK Smart-Arse. Think of another one (the sun will come up in the morning, or something similar, doesn't count). Neither do 'I wants' - we both possibly would like he Albion to do well next season, and we'd both probably welcome a £million lottery ticket.

Albion in Europe! Britain out!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
OK Smart-Arse. Think of another one (the sun will come up in the morning, or something similar, doesn't count). Neither do 'I wants' - we both possibly would like he Albion to do well next season, and we'd both probably welcome a £million lottery ticket.

Albion in Europe! Britain out!

Sorry I'm a smart arse. Can't help it. Must be my education or something.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
there is an interesting way of looking at it. to take it further, would remainers vote in on the basis of what they have heard, would they believe how everything will so much more prosperous from the same politicians? i suspect they'd be more sceptical of the claims. staying in has potentially more risk as we will not be able to adjust and mitigate the risks for another generation.

Completely agree, and the point is we can see the carnage the EU has wreaked in many European countries.

Their track record is appalling, and yet the remainers would have you believe it's the land of milk and honey.

Laughable.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Do you know how much is spent on the health service every week compared to EU membership and tax receipts from EU nationals.

Not a lot, austerity cuts are due to the country being in dept. but on your analysis we should have no dept at all when considering that immigration is at a all time high.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Implied. Clearly. Irrevocably.

So, if he is happy we can continue trading, what's the problem? Or does he really think trade would stop?

Read it again. It's about the level of trade and, of course, on what basis. We will continue to trade but it is highly unlikely to be on the same terms we have now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here