Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So basically the remainers are saying if at 1st you don't succeed just keep trying and bending the rules until you do. Nice

We’re just following the sovereign parliamentary process....to the letter. The same process you wrestled back from the EU. On reflection I quite like “got our country back” :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Given the last one wasn’t a binding vote, I’m in agreement with you and up for this. When will it happen?

The government said they would enact the result of the referendum - I assume you're encouraging the government to break a promise ( and yes I know, most governments do ).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We’re just following the sovereign parliamentary process....to the letter. The same process you wrestled back from the EU. On reflection I quite like “got our country back” :wink:

At last we are making our own decisions.

This complete clusterf*** is a totally red, white and blue one.

The EU are just bemused bystanders :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The government said they would enact the result of the referendum - I assume you're encouraging the government to break a promise ( and yes I know, most governments do ).

First of all, which government are you talking about? There’s been a few since the referendum. And this is a moot point because parliament sets policy and law, not governments. I do encourage all governments and MPs to follow the law though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Your probably one of those people that would like to see the back of the House of Lords. You know the unelected people that like to tell us that although you've voted and made a decision we're going to do our very best to stop it. However in this instance it suits your purpose so all is great at the House of Lords as far as you're concerned.

I didn't have a chance to respond to your usual ill-considered shite yesterday so I'll do so now. Second-guessing my thoughts on the House of Lords is whataboutary at it's finest. I can give you my opinions if you want, but it's really besides the point. The point is that this is how British parliamentary process has ALWAYS worked.

The referendum was a total cluster**** and nobody in this country voted to get poorer. It is only right and proper that the Commons and then the Lords get to vote on any Brexit government proposal as they would on any other act or bill going through parliament. Anybody arguing this point is clearly anti-EU beyond the point of reason and would rather trust proven clowns like David Davis and the right honourable member for the 17th century, Rees-Mogg to take us out of the EU on absolutely shit terms. I suspect there are people wavering on either side of the Brexit fence that are glad that we do indeed have these checks and balances to ensure that these tits can't just do as they please. It doesn't stop them screaming "rivers of blood" type of cack just because they haven't got carte-blanche of course.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Given the last one wasn’t a binding vote, I’m in agreement with you and up for this. When will it happen?

You seemed quite comfortable with the status of the referendum prior to it .........

''May the best team win. See you all in a few weeks time''. #3984 25th May 2017

''My overall point was which ever way it goes we just have to accept it I think''. #7752 20th June 2017

''Whatever. Let's just sit back and let democracy take its course'' #8530 22nd June 2017

What could of possibly happened ?? :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You seemed quite comfortable with the status of the referendum prior to it .........

May the best team win. See you all in a few weeks time. #3984 25th May 2017

My overall point was which ever way it goes we just have to accept it I think. #7752 20th June 2017

''Whatever. Let's just sit back and let democracy take its course'' #8530 22nd June 2017

What could of possibly happened ?? :lol:

I’ll reply to each bullet in order

1) That’s me being gracious and gentlemanly.
2) I respect democracy and democratic law. And yes, I fully respect the advisory referendum and it’s result. I still stand by this.
3) I still stand by this and stand by democratic law. Therefore let U.K. democracy take its course. There’s law in place so if any illegal shenanigans are going on I hope it will be stopped. Or do you know something we don’t?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I’ll reply to each bullet in order

1) That’s me being gracious and gentlemanly.
2) I respect democracy and democratic law. And yes, I fully respect the advisory referendum and it’s result. I still stand by this.
3) I still stand by this and stand by democratic law. Therefore let U.K. democracy take its course. There’s law in place so if any illegal shenanigans are going on I hope it will be stopped. Or do you know something we don’t?

What happened in 2017?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems people have forgotten something, the European Union Bill was voted for by parliament, 498 votes to 114, empowering government in invoke article 50 and leave the EU. all thats suppose to happen now is negotiate what the future relationship should look like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here