Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

larus

I have noticed that the few Brexiteers left on here seem obsessed by where people live, what they do for a living, whether they have a "real" enough job. I see a lot of chips on a few shoulders. The tragedy of it all? The average hard working builder working in the more working class areas of the UK will be the hardest hit come next year.
Still, as long as they have the likes of Larus and JCFG to gloss over it all and hurl insults at anyone unpatriotic enough to question any aspect of Brexit, they'll be fine. For now.

I couldn’t care where people live (but it is funny when someone claims to have left the country and then contradicts himself).

And, as much as I hate to keep on about something, please can you forward me the evidence that we’re in a recession as you stated. I’ve tried but can’t find anything.

Much appreciated :angel:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have noticed that the few Brexiteers left on here seem obsessed........
I have noticed that the most desperate remainers left on here seem obsessed......................but they probably do ''see a lot of chips on a few shoulders" - if their heads swivel enough.......................

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I couldn’t care where people live (but it is funny when someone claims to have left the country and then contradicts himself).

And, as much as I hate to keep on about something, please can you forward me the evidence that we’re in a recession as you stated. I’ve tried but can’t find anything.

Much appreciated :angel:

So you do care.

Tell you what, you find evidence I ever wrote that and I'll back it up.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have noticed that the most desperate remainers left on here seem obsessed......................but they probably do ''see a lot of chips on a few shoulders" - if their heads swivel enough.......................

Poor.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All I can assume is that it’s a wanna-be Ernest type poster. Trying to post really stupid things and get people to respond, whilst he (I assume a he), sits there knocking one out. No one with even a normal level IQ could seriously post what he/she does and be serious.

Leading our economy towards stagnation is a pretty stupid thing, but please do carry on

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The problem with forecasts is that they are biased towards the views of the people who produce them. If these experts were all so good, then why did no one foresee the financial crisis. These same agencies who were giving the global economy a clean bill of health in 2007 and were reducing the risk ratings on many products (CDDs, etc.)/countries, are the ones who are now giving their damning views on Brexit and were also linked the project fear. So please forgive me if I take economic forecasts with a huge dose of incredulity.

As to new trade deal. Surely, as someone who is following this negotiations you must be 100% aware that it is illegal for the UK to sign any new trade deals. Not even one. :lol:

I am expecting upheaval once we actually leave. However, I honestly believe that this will be relatively short-lived and we will bounce back strongly.

And, as much as people like to harp on about the EU and it’s growth rate, it is still running QE to boost it’s economy. Several countries are still not able to fund their borrowing requirements from the money markets and rely upon the ECB for support. The EU/Eurozone is far from stable and, at some point, the issue of Fiscal Transfers must be addressed. This is totally unacceptable in Germany (and other wealthier countries), and without resolving this underlying issue, the Euro will eventually have an existential crisis. Yes, it’s been forecast for a long time, but the underlying issues have not been dealt with - just more can kicking.

Ok. A couple of things.

1. All I asked was trade deals in the pipeline, not 'signed'. Surely by now there'd be some news filtering through? Do you really think Davis and fox know what they are doing? (I'd put Amber Rudd ahead of them on the competence chart.)

2. "Please forgive me if I take economic forecasts with a huge dose of incredulity." OK, forgiven: but don't forget that you were 'forecasting' a recovery a UK GPD growth next quarter! Although I agree with you on this - so

3, Hey breakthrough time: SOME forecasts are not biased towards the views of the people who produce them or we wouldn't agree!

4. And we also agree that their will be upheaval, but we disagree on the duration - unless your definition of 'short term' = a generation.

5. Finally I also agree that there are some underlying structural issues within the EU and specifically the Eurozone. Staying is a risk. Leaving is a bigger one. In historical context it is pretty impressive how the EU has played its part in transforming and re-uniting Europe. 70 years ago we were dropping bombs on each other; now we worry about fiscal transfers. I think that might be a definition of progress.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You are the one who made it into the "look at me I can affors it so it is irrelevant" argument. You must have lived a very lucky life not having to ever live hand to mouth and can view £6 as throw-away money. Either that or you have zero empathy.

No dear, you're the one who keeps slagging off the UK, saying how much you hate it and how you detest old people. Yes I have had to live hand to mouth a number of times and have every empathy with anyone who does. But guess what ? When I've lived hand to mouth luxuries like travel strangely have been off the list so it wouldn't have mattered if the charge was zero, £6 or £100 as it wouldn't have affected me. If you really think a £6 charge will be the difference between someone travelling or not then you've clearly never experienced real financial hardship.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No dear, you're the one who keeps slagging off the UK, saying how much you hate it and how you detest old people. Yes I have had to live hand to mouth a number of times and have every empathy with anyone who does. But guess what ? When I've lived hand to mouth luxuries like travel strangely have been off the list so it wouldn't have mattered if the charge was zero, £6 or £100 as it wouldn't have affected me. If you really think a £6 charge will be the difference between someone travelling or not then you've clearly never experienced real financial hardship.

The difference between someone travelling from The UK to The EU after Brexit or not when Etias is launched may more hinge in the future on what someone has done in the past though - Think USA and The VWP v having to apply for a visa.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

H'mmm... This is the man who only last week was responding to a post of mine with some bizarre victim-shrouding claim about being called old, thick, right wing and racist. He can't justify this chip-laden stuff of course. Inverting the facts is his only option it seems.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Where is your source for saying it's not true?

It's not been mentioned in any of the releases from either the EU or the UK. Nor is it in any of the detail of the already approved agreements. The only source is an article in the Mail, a paper well known for it's hyperbole, stretching the truth and down right lies. Forgive me if I choose to decide what is true using what has been released by the negociating sides over a scummy Nazi supporting rag.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I find this forum (in general & not just this thread - although a prime example of it) hilarious.

Those that profess to have higher morality & greater intellect than the others (that they look down upon) are normally the 1st to lose the debate by resulting to personal insult & slander when a having a "discussion" (such are their strong held views (that they must be right)).

Have a word with yourselves people

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Post 42502.- you wrote:

“You and others pick out "immediate" recession as a way to write off remainers concerns. Financial experts admit they thought it would happen quicker but they also all agree it is happening. Undeniably.“

So you believe The Clamp is one of the financial experts he quotes ???

Your own post

I am expecting upheaval once we actually leave. However, I honestly believe that this will be relatively short-lived and we will bounce back strongly.

Shirley, the only thing we are debating is size and length :smile:

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's not been mentioned in any of the releases from either the EU or the UK. Nor is it in any of the detail of the already approved agreements. The only source is an article in the Mail, a paper well known for it's hyperbole, stretching the truth and down right lies. Forgive me if I choose to decide what is true using what has been released by the negociating sides over a scummy Nazi supporting rag.

Etias was agreed on Wednesday. EUR7 fee. We may be exempt I suppose as per the ongoing negotiations etc, but it appears all 3rd country visitors,including those from The USA, will have to pay it.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/p...-confirms-agreement-with-european-parliament/

https://euobserver.com/justice/141705

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Etias was agreed on Wednesday. EUR7 fee. We may be exempt I suppose as per the ongoing negotiations etc, but it appears all 3rd country visitors,including those from The USA, will have to pay it.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/p...-confirms-agreement-with-european-parliament/

https://euobserver.com/justice/141705

If I were Westdene, I'd play the Amber Rudd defence :wink:

No fair enough - I'll stick my hands up when I'm wrong. So it's applicable to all non-EEA members - i.e. most the world. Strange policy. The Mail's hint that it's to punish us is way off the mark then. Still stand by my comments that six quid won't make the difference between people travelling or not.

PS - Rudd lied, she read that memo.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No fair enough - I'll stick my hands up when I'm wrong. So it's applicable to all non-EEA members - i.e. most the world. Strange policy. The Mail's hint that it's to punish us is way off the mark then. Still stand by my comments that six quid won't make the difference between people travelling or not.

PS - Rudd lied, she read that memo.

And I would also go the opposite way from the scummy Nazi supporting rag, in the absence of any other evidence :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
UK economy suffers weakest period of GDP growth in five years

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/27/uk-gdp-growth-rate-slows-first-quarter

I’m lookimg forward to [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] and his Brexit headbanger makes explaining away this.

I have also previously highlighted, a few times now, the time bomb which is domestic debt. Why isn’t anyone addressing this?

“In another sign of the pressures on household budgets, figures from the Insolvency Service showed the number of people unable to pay their debts in England and Wales reached its highest level in more than five years in the first three months of 2018.
There were 27,388 personal insolvencies in the first quarter of 2018 – the highest quarterly figure since the third quarter of 2012.”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I have seen it in several places, and like you I don't believe anything the Mail prints.

larus

So you believe The Clamp is one of the financial experts he quotes ???

Your own post

Shirley, the only thing we are debating is size and length :smile:

The issue is he has stated that financial experts were saying we are IN A RECESSION. He’s been asked many times to back this up, yet has failed. As per usual with Remainers, they want to make ‘bed-wetting’ statements and then not back it up.

Regarding my other point, that is my OPINION. I’m sure you would allow me to have my own opinion, or, as part of the EU collective, do you think that should be dictated by Brussels too :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here